• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't forget to send thank you notes. He's my note to Dougie Carter--

"I want to thank Dougie Carter for helping pass Constitutional Carry in Indiana. By throwing a toddleresque fit in the Senate committee, in uniform no less, he switched enough votes to eliminate the vile, racist license to carry a handgun.

I thank him from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, Dougie.

Kirk S. Freeman
    Attorney at Law
    Law Office of Kirk Freeman
    323 Columbia Street, Suite 100
    P.O. Box 1132
    Lafayette, Indiana 47901

(765) 429-7035"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What happens if he chooses to do nothing, doesn't sign it and let's it sit. Is there a timeframe involved that allows it to become law afterwards?
    Again, it does not matter. There is no Pocket Veto in Indiana. It becomes law on the 8th day.

More INGOers should read my award winning thread on the powers of the Indiana Governor. Winner of the Golden Rhino, 2021.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Again, it does not matter. There is no Pocket Veto in Indiana. It becomes law on the 8th day.

More INGOers should read my award winning thread on the powers of the Indiana Governor. Winner of the Golden Rhino, 2021.

So if he vetos - a simple majority can override the veto - so it’s basically “vote again” ?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I thought all of his shutdowns and mandates would have killed his chances for reelection, but Hoosiers apparently love a big state authoritarian as long as we call him a Republican.

Plagues are very different. Before the Welfare State, the role of the State Government was dealing with disease outbreaks.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So if he vetos - a simple majority can override the veto - so it’s basically “vote again” ?
    Yes, assuming too many votes aren't dropped by reps who don't want the optics of explicitly voting against their governor.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Holcomb will veto. There's a slim chance he doesn't sign, it becomes law. Then he can use it both ways.... "I didn't allow 'dangerous' constitutional carry." "I helped usher in true constitutional principles by allowing constitutional carry to become the law." The crowd listening will dictate which sentence he uses. If he vetoes, an override is no sure thing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Your hard work has paid off! Late last night, both the House and the Senate voted and passed House Bill 1296- Constitutional Carry. It will soon head to Governor Eric Holcomb’s desk for his consideration. Please contact Gov. Holcomb and ask him to sign House Bill 1296 into law.

Constitutional Carry allows any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission. This ensures that citizens have their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. It does not affect previously issued carry permits and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Indiana permits to do so.
    Again, please contact Gov. Holcomb and ask him to sign House Bill 1296 into law.
    In Liberty,
    David Conte
    Grassroots Field Coordinator
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Programs & Campaign Field Operations
    703-708-4664 | david@nrailafrontlines.
    http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    OK, if it becomes law, what does this do for the reciprocity carry for other states? Are people with older permits covered still? Will our permits become worthless? Anyone know these answers?

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    OK, if it becomes law, what does this do for the reciprocity carry for other states? Are people with older permits covered still? Will our permits become worthless? Anyone know these answers?
    Reciprocity for permit holders would remain unchanged, and permits would only be needed for reciprocity

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Your question was answered above but here’s another way to look at it: if you’re a lifetime LTCH holder, nothing changed. Nothing. What you did was pave the way for more liberty for future generations.

Additionally, if you’re a 5-year license holder, you will now have another option when your license expires.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I asked these questions in the main thread and I’m still waiting for a clear answer. Reciprocity is more complex than the short answers most give. Thank you to anyone who can bring clarity here:

Can unlicensed residents of other Constitutional Carry states carry here without our state license?

Can unlicensed residents of Indiana carry in other constitutional carry states (with the exception of North Dakota) without their state licenses?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A reminder that no one should listen to the cops when it comes to civil rights. The police chief of my city, Lafayette, testified against Constitutional Carry. Shortly before his testimony, Pat hired a Nazi and the deputy chief, Bishop, admitted to me that there could be up to a dozen other Nazis on the Lafayette Police Department but he wasn't going to go looking for them.

Why would anyone in the General Assembly listen to a Nazi cop?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    A reminder that no one should listen to the cops when it comes to civil rights. The police chief of my city, Lafayette, testified against Constitutional Carry. Shortly before his testimony, Pat hired a Nazi and the deputy chief, Bishop, admitted to me that there could be up to a dozen other Nazis on the Lafayette Police Department but he wasn't going to go looking for them.

Why would anyone in the General Assembly listen to a Nazi cop?

Good article with a bonus quotation from Kirk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom