• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, assuming too many votes aren't dropped by reps who don't want the optics of explicitly voting against their governor.
    Idunno. I guess I’m a bit cynical towards Holcomb. In my book voting against this governor is a positive optic. But him winning in a landslide I’m sure intimidates the unprincipled reps.

Personally I hope that Holcomb and his crony sycophants in the legislature are severely triggered by this. I hope they’re hopping mad that their parliamentary dirty tricks were undone. I hope they’re steaming like the hot pile of :poop: they are.

Now. If you’re curious I’ll tell you what I think of Holcomb.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I agree with JTScribe on this one, though I admit to emotionally feeling like Trapper Jim.

The platform is not bad. No Party Platform is going to be my ideal, and when compared against the Democratic Party Platform, the Republican Party Platform is practically speaking a patriotic masterpiece.

Just the fact the Republican Party Platform has a section on "Rebirth of Constitutional Government" says much about the Party's stated ideals.

The problem in Indiana is so many "Republicans" do not appear to have read the Constitutions they swore an oath too, or their own Party Platform. We the citizens need to do a better job of rooting out the CoC Republicans and the RINOs and electing those who actually espouse, live, and vote based upon the principles of the Party banner they run under.
    Good points here. I compare it to our Navigation system today. Before google we would look on a real map and plan our route before we departed on our journey. Today, as we are traveling, we put our blind faith to the words, “stay in the right lane and exit now.” So we do, no matter how wrong it may look to us in the moment of traffic.

For me The many virtues of the Republic Party extends far past the 2A. Ideas like smaller government and a disciplined constitution and such. However, I have watched the caucus fight amongst itself, Pres Trump banning gun parts, Holcomb actions, and those who only have their own capital gains in mind, like a certain woman Representative elected under the blanket cookie cutter Republican vote.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish I could believe in a strong platform again, but as ChurchMouse has said, I can’t believe ANY politician any more. No more blind faith for me as I have seen double standards, lying and deceit, constitution crunchers, self serving capitalists, with an unstable caucus.

On the other hand, you won’t see me bashing our current POTUS out of ignorance and bigotry because I was brought up to respect the Office. That is getting hard to do the older I get.

I am not sure how we got here in a country full of hate in a political battle that has to be extreme or nothing at all, but I have lost confidence in all of it. I don’t have all the answers but as my friend Quirt Evans says from 1947, “if I am going to be holy, I am gotta get some fun out it. “

This Boomer has resigned from Politics and my fun is dwindled to watching the hate fights between propaganda bred voters who’s perception is reality and in the meantime the country suffers in progress.

Until it gets turned around, I worry about my grandchildren while in the meantime , I keep my roadmap handy.

See you on the range.

Trapper

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So.......
    What happens to all the "sellers" in our market place that require "drivers license and LTCH" to sell a gun...
    What will they do when they no longer have the unconstitutional LTCH to rely on?
    My goodness... what a conundrum...
    I can hear it now...
    "I want constitutional carry... but I want to see your ltch before I can sell you my "insert item here"."
    Just sayin...:scared:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So.......
    What happens to all the "sellers" in our market place that require "drivers license and LTCH" to sell a gun...
    What will they do when they no longer have the unconstitutional LTCH to rely on?
    I can hear it now...
    "I want constitutional carry... but I want to see your ltch before I can sell you my "insert item here"."
    There are still 1,170,365 active LTCH's in Indiana as of 1 January 2022. By my math that's 22.4% of the adult population. I don't look for the numbers to go down.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So.......
    I can hear it now...
    Exactly what are you getting at here? The LTCH may soon be optional. And those who wish to sell privately may require to see it or they may not. Totally up to the seller.

A simple yes or no… do you believe in Liberty?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    So.......
    I can hear it now...
    I don’t see the rub. Asking to see a drivers license and LTCH is good common sense for someone wishing to ensure his or her private sales here remain within the law. Some here may choose to trust and not verify, but I believe most will continue to trust but verify if Constitutional Carry becomes law in Indiana. Anyone not having been licensed, who finds it too restrictive to his or her engaging in private sales, may either choose to get the license, or not. Again, I don’t see the rub here. Choice and freedom are good.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I don’t see the rub. Asking to see a drivers license and LTCH is good common sense for someone wishing to ensure his or her private sales here remain within the law. Some here may choose to trust and not verify, but I believe most will continue to trust but verify if Constitutional Carry becomes law in Indiana. Anyone not having been licensed, who finds it too restrictive to his or her engaging in private sales, may either choose to get the license, or not. Again, I don’t see the rub here. Choice and freedom are good.
    Possibly The law language of “a known felon” will be reworked with other restrictions when the bill is passed. The machine will be in gear and adjustments will be made on the move.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Possibly The law language of “a known felon” will be reworked with other restrictions when the bill is passed. The machine will be in gear and adjustments will be made on the move.
    If you’re suggesting that there will be future efforts to narrow the definition of a “proper person”, that’s conceivable, but we always need to remain vigilant against tactics like those.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom