Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    CC is still alive in Nebraska.
    Thanks for keeping up on this GFGT. Tuesday makes 25 States with ConC!!

I've always wondered about Nebraska, you'd think a rural state that loves football and the Military would be lean more towards liberty.

Now I must look up what kind of Statehouse (unicameral, only House or Senate??) is in the Cornhusker State.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Looks like even though we beat Georgia to passing their CC law, they’ll beat us into implementation. From a FPC page.

Firearms Policy Coalition issued the following statement in response to Governor Brian Kemp signing Senate Bill 319. Effective immediately, the law removes concealed carry permit requirements for adults 21 years of age or older who are not otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm. Under this new law, the existing system remains optional for residents who still want to have a permit.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Looks like even though we beat Georgia to passing their CC law, they’ll beat us into implementation. From a FPC page.

Firearms Policy Coalition issued the following statement in response to Governor Brian Kemp signing Senate Bill 319. Effective immediately, the law removes concealed carry permit requirements for adults 21 years of age or older who are not otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm. Under this new law, the existing system remains optional for residents who still want to have a permit

We will be the 23rd to implement, I think.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks for keeping up on this GFGT. Tuesday makes 25 States with ConC!!

I've always wondered about Nebraska, you'd think a rural state that loves football and the Military would be lean more towards liberty.

Now I must look up what kind of Statehouse (unicameral, only House or Senate??) is in the Cornhusker State.
    25 states! That’s almost half of 57!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not sure. I’m not sure if the assertion in the article snippet I quoted is accurate. If it is I just thought it was interesting they were enacting theirs immediately.
    If Ga was enacted immediately they are #22, Ohio will be #23, we are #24 1 July, Alabama #25 in 1 January if no other State beats them out.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Email from David Conte (AKA my NRA-ILA POC)

KellyinAvon --

Yesterday, the Biden Administration announced the nomination of Steven Dettelbach as the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”), subject to Senate confirmation. With Dettelbach’s nomination, President Biden has chosen to double-down on his attempt to put a gun control advocate in charge of the agency responsible for regulating America’s firearms industry. Please contact your U.S. Senators today to urge them to oppose Dettelbach.

David Chipman, Biden’s first nominee to head the ATF, failed to achieve enough support in the Senate to be confirmed. After a long campaign by the NRA, the Biden Administration withdrew Chipman’s nomination.

Like Chipman, Dettelbach is a dedicated gun controller with a background that proves he would be neither fair nor objective as head of ATF. When running for Ohio Attorney General in 2018, Dettelbach endorsed gun bans, restrictions on lawful firearm transfers, and further expansion of prohibitions on who can lawfully possess a firearm. This led NRA-PVF to award Dettelbach an “F” for his positions on the right to keep and bear arms. Ohio voters wisely rejected Dettelbach and his gun control promises in 2018.

It will once again be up to gun owners to make clear that a failed anti-gun politician has no more place at the head of the ATF than a failed anti-gun lobbyist. Please contact your U.S. Senators using the link above, and respectfully encourage them to oppose Dettelbach’s nomination.

Yours in Freedom,

David Conte
    NRA-ILA Grassroots
    http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess I didn’t realize Louisiana got a “permit-less carry” bill through their legislature last year only to have their democrat governor veto it. Looks like they’re making another run at it.

Top Bottom