• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    O.K. So the Supreme court says that a proper person has a right to carry a firearm in public.
    Now, what does that do to federal no-go zones like post offices?

I know states can make their own laws, but isn't/wasn't the post office and other government buildings gun free zones federal?

As long as states aren't forced to follow federal marijuana laws, we shouldn't be forced to follow federal gun free zones!

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    O.K. So the Supreme court says that a proper person has a right to carry a firearm in public.

I know states can make their own laws, but isn't/wasn't the post office and other government buildings gun free zones federal?
    The ruling allows for prohibiting firearms in certain places.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

With the way that New York state is now pushing the limits of "sensitive places" (gee, thanks, Scalia...), I suspect that putting some bright(er) lines around the meaning of "sensitive places" will be the next battleground. Those limits, if/when established, should have an impact on federal "gun free" zones.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Looks like the "reverends" are not much the fans of Liberty.

Idiots. Shut your F'n lying mouths you pieces of :poop:. If you're worried about gun violence, you're worried about the criminal scumbags who commit crimes, not the law abiding people of Indiana who this law affects. Legal gun owners are more law abiding than even law enforcement. Just like when the NRA convention is in town and the usual morons talk about how it's going to be like the OK Corral and instead it's the least violent weekend of the year.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

What about property managed by the USACOE?
    Did they ever rule to allow firearms on their (US Federal Government) managed properties?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Should I hold my breath, waiting for the harping about separation of church and state?

Christian Theological Seminary, ELCA, AME, Christian Methodist Episcopal, Episcopalian, Presbyterian, United Methodist, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), United Church of Christ: none of these pastors (I refuse to call a human "reverend") speaks for me, and they exemplify why I am non-denominational.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Idiots. Shut your F'n lying mouths you pieces of :poop:. If you're worried about gun violence, you're worried about the criminal scumbags who commit crimes, not the law abiding people of Indiana who this law affects. Legal gun owners are more law abiding than even law enforcement. Just like when the NRA convention is in town and the usual morons talk about how it's going to be like the OK Corral and instead it's the least violent weekend of the year.
    They grabbed a spotlight opportunity just like the last group. Pandering. I would lay even money this is not even a real thing just some lazy alleged reporter making clicks.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Should I hold my breath, waiting for the harping about separation of church and state?

Christian Theological Seminary, ELCA, AME, Christian Methodist Episcopal, Episcopalian, Presbyterian, United Methodist, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), United Church of Christ: none of these pastors (I refuse to call a human "reverend") speaks for me, and they exemplify why I am non-denominational.

Ya beat me to it.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Call on the governor to repeal it? I get that the past two yeas the governor has been a de facto king. But that’s not how this works. He’d have to concoct another emergency and then give himself the power to strike down duly enacted legislation that he himself signed. Does seminary not have gen ed courses that require some kind of civics credits?

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Rather than thread jacking this for a religious topic, I thought I'd post my questions/thoughts/objections about this here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Almost like the anti-gunners had this planned in advance, eh?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

FTA:
    “We’ve got young people walking around with guns now since July 1, and don’t even have a holster; they’re just carrying it in their pants pocket...”
    Yeah, and that was happening before July 1, also. What is your point?

The gun could drop, they could shoot themselves, they could shoot others.
    Sure, they could. They could today, just as they could have prior to July 1. Removing the LTCH requirement for lawful carry has had zero impact on this circumstance.

“If people are walking around with no holsters, imagine what they’re doing at home, which means children are exposed to guns with no safety locks...”
    Sure. What does that have to do with having or removing the LTCH requirement for lawful carry? No LTCH was ever required to possess a firearm in the home.

“There are things we need to do if it’s going to be a permitless society, that need to happen.”
    What kinds of things, and (again) how is it any different today from how it was prior to July 1? The LTCH does not now, and did not then, require any sort of firearm handling/safety course.

Further, what was the rate of negligent firearm discharge prior to July 1? In all the states that have moved to permitless carry, how did the removal of a permit requirement impact the rate of negligent firearm discharge? Why do you think Indiana will see anything different from those states?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Tagged for later

Top Bottom