• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    It solves the problem because it is a warm body to take calls at minimum. The pay and benefits to an immigrant might outweigh the reservations an immigrant might have because their opportunities could be limited at home. Becoming a citizen is substantially more difficult than getting a work visa, and service in law enforcement could be a fast track to citizenship?

Seeking immigrants is like seeking under-18s for the job. You can take applications and do interviews and testing, doesn't mean you actually have to hire the person. It could increase your chances of finding top-tier candidates vs dismissing them for things that arent necessarily performance related.
    Nope,no thanks

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'll ask the same question that was posed to someone else above. How do you feel about non-citizens serving in the armed forces?
    My family, myself and both of my sons did/do serve with many non-citizens while Serving in the Navy and USMC. Not an issue with any of us, I met cooks that were Engineers in their home country. Like said above, Its an easy path to citizenship.
    The USMC is well stocked with young Spanish men.
    My thing 2 just returned from a yrs deployment to Kuwait - Iraq, Kuwait is nothing but Foreign Nationals doing all the work. All the other Contractors he worked with were Foreign Nationals like him from all around the world. Not many French in the bottom ranks, of the French Foreign Legion.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll ask the same question that was posed to someone else above. How do you feel about non-citizens serving in the armed forces?
    Not sure I have a problem with them serving in the military to help gain citizenship. Engaging with civilians in this country as a noncitizen is a hard no.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    From a guy using miguel as a screen name? Ok.

I've worked with, and around, a ton of foreigners. I've been a foreign worker when I was contracting (I took yer jobz!) I've supervised American military members, vets, cops, etc. I've supervised foreign military members, vets, cops, etc. People are just people but given the number of born into citizens who routinely flee any hint they might have responsibilities that go with those rights they were born in to, I'm not terribly concerned about people who *wanted* to be here and worked legally to get here being what destroys any part of our society.

I get it's a variation on me and my brother against my cousin, me and my cousin against my village, me and my village against the world but how many INGO threads are about how terrible Americans are now. Won't work, selfish, easily led into "liberalism" brain washed sheeple full of wokeism and turning all the frogs gay. Until a thread on foreigners. Then them's damn good people, loyal patriotic hard working people who'll do what needs to be done and unfailingly believe the things I believe and will uphold them by God, because 'merica, ef yeah. Human nature, I suppose.
    I'm a walking contradiction proud of his heritage. I should have said, "I like legal non-citizens as long as they are not in Congress or law enforcement." Thanks for keeping me honest. :D

BBI, you are probably an exceptional officer, though I have not met you personally. You always have a well reasoned case, even if I don't agree with your conclusion on some things. If we had more good guys like you, we wouldn't need foreign cops.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It's been done for a long time, and with good results and is a path to citizenship.

Allowing anyone from anywhere who can get a work visa to become law enforcement I am totally against.
    I would support a US Foreign Legion, like France. Take a beating for Uncle Sam for seven years and welcome to the club.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Green card holders/resident aliens can possess firearms, seems like where the bar should be.

The second amendment is a recognized God given right.

Being a cop is not. There is absolutely zero excuse for a rootless foreigner to be telling a US citizen what they can and can't do.

Further more, if you want to witness the loss of the former, keep embracing that idea.

And until the military is enforcing US law domestically, I see no issue with a pathway to citizenship being a potential through military service. That's keeping the issue separated enough to head off the problem. I also think it should come with limitations on advancement in the military, for exactly the reason I stated.

There's some element of humiliation of your citizenry that comes from allowing a foreign source to police them that should absolutely not be allowed.

Last edited:

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    You might find at least some of them know more about the ideals and laws this country is built upon than most people that were born and raised here.
    that's assuming that they are following the correct path of becoming a legal citizen.

this (as I understand) would allow illegal aliens to become cops who are not following the correct path and are not learning crap about America.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Pretty simple, by whether that department is allowing non-citizens to join. At which point it can only be assumed that they are non-citizens.
    Who is "they"? Me? You'd assume I'm not a citizen if my department allowed non-citizens to apply? Or would you question those that look like non-citizens?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Who is "they"? Me? You'd assume I'm not a citizen if my department allowed non-citizens to apply? Or would you question those that look like non-citizens?

I'd have to assume you are, because your department is hiring non-citizens.

Just like if a police department was hiring felons, you can only reasonably assume things aren't on the up and up.

Maybe they shouldn't be hiring non-citizens if credibility is desired.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I would support accelerated paths to citizenship of various kinds. Maybe hire, run through academy, work in a support role until becoming citizen, then put them on the street. I would be willing to try that.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Naturalized citizens have taken steps to ensure they have "skin in the game" by going through the process of obtaining citizenship. Unlawfully entering the country is a crime, and arguably a disqualifier for citizenship. And if one is not a citizen, he (generic "he") shouldn't be a candidate for any position of public trust. Note that I'm not pointing out any particular ethnic or racial group here; I'd feel the same about a Brit entering illegally as I feel about a Mexican or an Afghani.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    No nation-state has ever prospered in the long run by hiring mercenaries to do the fighting for said nation-state. When the only “skin in the game” is monetary reward or the promise of future citizenship, I don’t believe that those are enough of a reward to guarantee 100% allegiance. While the military model may be working, it is still a slippery slope. Since the military is not actively engaged in policing citizens, they will be called upon to do so one day in the near future (posse comitatus be damned) and we as citizens don’t need mercenaries acting as agents of the state against us. As a whole, this speaks more to the decades-long breakdown of duty and service to the country (or community in the LEO realm) that has occurred due to the destruction of social fabric and national pride. This destruction, along with US entanglement in foreign action has caused diminishing pride in the country, and with it those who wish to serve on behalf of it, thus diminishing recruitment numbers. When active gang members are joining the military to gain training and combat experience so that they can take it back to their gangs and hiring standards are so greatly reduced (in addition to work hiring policies) that people of questionable morals and ethics are hired to be police officers (which is always discovered a few years down the line after said officers are found running protection rackets or are caught driving 100mph down the highway multiple counties out with a backseat full of drugs in their squad car,) there is a distinct failure by leadership to foster and maintain the best forces ultimately serving the people.

Both the military and law enforcement are no longer “callings,” they are both now just jobs, both of which have granted authority over the citizens they serve, which is a bad recipe.

Top Bottom