• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I get a bad feeling about this legislation, Illinois is an example. While foreign nationals have served in the armed forces, the army is not in the business of dealing with, or influencing by force the citizens of America. It's a tough job and I understand the recruiting issues, but I don't like the idea of cops with no connection to this country other than the political leadership that let them in.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Depending on where they are from, and their 3rd world ideas of what policing is, it's going to be interesting to watch.

Excessive force for not paying the appropriate bribes might be a problem...
    Well IMHO we've been a little short of force in some areas so, as you said it may get VERY interesting. Unfortunately some don't understand anything other than force.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    It’ll be interesting to see how they approach illegals versus citizens. My initial thought is not a good one. Origin of birth is, at times, stronger than the law. Gringo (or other) versus white man? Loyalty to Pritzker or the constitution?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Honestly I know a couple of foreign citizens who have applied or become police officers, and the biggest problem is, the one I know who was hired by the local sheriffs department!!!

He couldn’t get hired by the local police department so he applied and joined the sheriff’s department! And the reason he’s a sheriff and not a city cop???…he refuses to get the COVID shot! In my opinion he’d make a great officer no matter what department hired him!

I happen to know a person born in the Sudan, it took 20 years for him to become a citizen, his brothers are still trying to become citizens, the only reason the one was granted citizenship was because he and his wife had a child in America.

I have no problem with a police officer being from another country! I have a problem with police officers who break laws, beat people, who think they’re above the law, know it all a$$ holes who put on a badge and immediately develop a god complex!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I get a bad feeling about this legislation, Illinois is an example. While foreign nationals have served in the armed forces, the army is not in the business of dealing with, or influencing by force the citizens of America. It's a tough job and I understand the recruiting issues, but I don't like the idea of cops with no connection to this country other than the political leadership that let them in.
    Now ChiComs can legally police their own as well as Americans in Illinois.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, looks like in IL, the applicants have to be able to lawfully work in the US. That will allow those with DACA accepted deferrals to apply.

Top Bottom