• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For the most part I agree with you, and I also believe it has to do with socio-economics.
    Parents that are involved with there kids education have better educated and more well rounded children.

Now, I myself use the three branches with people what that want to talk politics with me.
    I say before we start this conversation, what are the three branches of the federal government?

If I get the blank stare, we don't continue with the conversation.
    I will say those that can't answer that simple question, all have parents that failed at being parents.
    Kids would be much more likely to answer questions correctly than adults because it is much more recently learned. Most people don't use the knowledge, so over time it is lost. It's just not as important to most people as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, or whatever TV show they are watching.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Kids would be much more likely to answer questions correctly than adults because it is much more recently learned. Most people don't use the knowledge, so over time it is lost. It's just not as important to most people as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, or whatever TV show they are watching.
    I will be 65 next week and I don't agree with that. I still want to say its a socoi economic thing.

I will say that the past 12+ years of living in North Madison Co, I've met very few young people that have impressed me with the education they received growing up with public education here.
    Now kids that went to Burris in Muncie and Anderson Prep don't fall into that category.

Generally but not all, when you see parents playing non stop Candy Crush on the phone, they have minimum wage children.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I will be 65 next week and I don't agree with that. I still want to say its a socoi economic thing.

I will say that the past 12+ years of living in North Madison Co, I've met very few young people that have impressed me with the education they received growing up with public education here.
    Now kids that went to Burris in Muncie and Anderson Prep don't fall into that category.

Generally but not all, when you see parents playing non stop Candy Crush on the phone, they have minimum wage children.
    Ask people you know. I have been asking people just to see what they know. So far so bad. These are middle class office types.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For starters,
    Where did you learn your views of what American citizens knowledge is of our Constitution and Bill of Rights?
    And what would make you believe that the illegals pay the taxes they are supposed to pay?

My 13 years of experience on INGO? :dunno:

It's not just my views. It's an observation based on countless of conversations with other INGO members over the years.

Clearly many Americans are uneducated when it comes to their rights and the US Constitution in general.

And it's not the constitution, it's laws in general, especially gun laws.

How many newbies ask about how to register their newly purchased firearm or things like that ...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Non resident aliens (internatonal students, H1B, etc) legally in US borders can posess a firearm granted they have a valid hunting license.
    For once let's go in the right direction and not give non-reisdent aliens hunting licences then, rather than using the issue as a crowbar to permit non-citizen cops.

As Diane Feinstein might says, "Mr. and Mrs. Not-Americans, turn 'em in!"

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My 13 years of experience on INGO? :dunno:

It's not just my views. It's an observation based on countless of conversations with other INGO members over the years.

Clearly many Americans are uneducated when it comes to their rights and the US Constitution in general.

And it's not the constitution, it's laws in general, especially gun laws.

How many newbies ask about how to register their newly purchased firearm or things like that ...
    Like ive said elsewhere here, lack of education on the US is gennerally a sicio economic issue. Middle middle cass and higher tend to recieve a better education than the lower income earner familys offspring.
    I tend to believe that using just INGO's narrow gate has left you with some misinformation.
    About 70% of Americas adults dont own a firearm, why would they care what the laws are pertaining to them?
    If they were to buy a firearm, they would be asking questions about firearm law and laws.
    Its not like we teach gun law and laws in most of Americas school system.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Like ive said elsewhere here, lack of education on the US is gennerally a sicio economic issue. Middle middle cass and higher tend to recieve a better education than the lower income earner familys offspring.
    I tend to believe that using just INGO's narrow gate has left you with some misinformation.
    About 70% of Americas adults dont own a firearm, why would they care what the laws are pertaining to them?
    If they were to buy a firearm, they would be asking questions about firearm law and laws.
    Its not like we teach gun law and laws in most of Americas school system.
    It isn't about education. It is about retention. People don't retain knowledge about the government, because they don't give a :poop:. That's why I said younger people would probably do better than older. It is more fresh in their minds.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    It isn't about education. It is about retention. People don't retain knowledge about the government, because they don't give a :poop:. That's why I said younger people would probably do better than older. It is more fresh in their minds.
    Unfortunately the younger people, for the most part, are in lockstep with the adgenda because they were basically raised on the internet.

The recent uptake in woke insanity and whatnot is happening because millenials are getting into government (ie. AOC)

I really don't think its gonna get better on the status quo.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Unfortunately the younger people, for the most part, are in lockstep with the adgenda because they were basically raised on the internet.

The recent uptake in woke insanity and whatnot is happening because millenials are getting into government (ie. AOC)

I really don't think its gonna get better on the status quo.
    It's all Ds, not just the younger ones. It is quite amazing how it just suddenly was a thing for seemingly the whole party overnight.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

(Snip)

“It's a massive problem," said Matt O'Brien, a former immigration judge now with the Immigration Reform Law Institute. "You've got this muddle of issues where there is no settled law, and it's now crashing into the fact that these idiots in the 'defund the police ' movement have caused a crisis in law enforcement."

Supporters of the idea cite the need for more police officers and the desire to attract a more diverse applicant pool. They say noncitizen candidates must meet the same qualifications as citizens and complete training.

Elizabeth Jacobs, director of regulatory affairs at the Center for Immigration Studies, told the Times that allowing noncitizens to enforce laws "raises questions of fairness, of conflicts of interest and security."

"If we are having folks that our government knows are in violation of the law or have broken the law and we are deputizing them to enforce other laws, that doesn't bring confidence to our legal system," Jacobs said.

The California law allows those with valid work permits issued by the Department of Homeland Security to sign up, including DACA recipients and those who entered the U.S. illegally but were granted tentative status due to the conditions in their home countries.

According to the Times, it could also include some illegal immigrants who were caught and released into the country, many who paid substantial sums to reach the U.S. and are indebted to the cartels.”

Top Bottom