• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have zero objection to lawful immigration. I have zero objection to legal immigrants becoming law enforcement officers.

I have objections to the nonstop dismantling of rules, regulations and laws which were put into place for good reasons.

What’s next? We gonna let someone who wanders across the southern border, barely speaks English and has zero skin in the game or reason to be loyal run for POTUS?

There is zero reason for this, or there wouldn’t be if the left hadn’t completely destroyed any sane person’s desire to work in law enforcement. They created a vacuum of qualified applicants and now they’re gonna scrape through the bottom of the barrel looking for any slobbering moron willing to raise their right hand.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Back door UN policing?

A way of getting Blue Helmets on the streets? Disguised as local law enforcement.

Or how do you feel about English speaking foreign nationals given work permits to become police officers like ChiCom soldiers, Wagner Group mercenaries etc...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Leo

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I would not recognize the authority of a non citizen leo.

I am one of those "yes sir, no sir, thank you sir" types with leos. That said, If i were stopped by someone claiming to be a leo that I knew to be a non citizen, fair chance i would tell them to get ****ed.

I am a nationalist. Citizenship is very important to me. If you are a legal immigrant or just visiting legally, I will do my best to be a good host and to be friendly and hospitible. Let us be clear though, if you are not a citizen, you are either a guest or invader. Neither guests nor invaders get to order me around in my nation, regardless of the situation.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I would not recognize the authority of a non citizen leo.

I am one of those "yes sir, no sir, thank you sir" types with leos. That said, If i were stopped by someone claiming to be a leo that I knew to be a non citizen, fair chance i would tell them to get ****ed.

I am a nationalist. Citizenship is very important to me. If you are a legal immigrant or just visiting legally, I will do my best to be a good host and to be friendly and hospitible. Let us be clear though, if you are not a citizen, you are either a guest or invader. Neither guests nor invaders get to order me around in my nation, regardless of the situation.
    Not saying that I agree with the idea of non-citizen police officers, but how would you determine the difference if you are pulled over/stopped?

Accent isn’t always a reliable indicator. Hell, I can’t understand a damn thing that anyone in Louisiana says.

:):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know.

I don't like foreigners. Especially as cops.

From a guy using miguel as a screen name? Ok.

I've worked with, and around, a ton of foreigners. I've been a foreign worker when I was contracting (I took yer jobz!) I've supervised American military members, vets, cops, etc. I've supervised foreign military members, vets, cops, etc. People are just people but given the number of born into citizens who routinely flee any hint they might have responsibilities that go with those rights they were born in to, I'm not terribly concerned about people who *wanted* to be here and worked legally to get here being what destroys any part of our society.

I get it's a variation on me and my brother against my cousin, me and my cousin against my village, me and my village against the world but how many INGO threads are about how terrible Americans are now. Won't work, selfish, easily led into "liberalism" brain washed sheeple full of wokeism and turning all the frogs gay. Until a thread on foreigners. Then them's damn good people, loyal patriotic hard working people who'll do what needs to be done and unfailingly believe the things I believe and will uphold them by God, because 'merica, ef yeah. Human nature, I suppose.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Not saying that I agree with the idea of non-citizen police officers, but how would you determine the difference if you are pulled over/stopped?

Unless I knew the officer's citizenship status beforehand (if greene county put a foreign national on the road as a deputy, word would get around), or the officer volunteered the info, I doubt that I would know.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Some (mumble) years ago, when the vast majority immigrants to this country were eager to integrate into "American" society - to become "Americans", not "hyphenated-Americans", it wouldn't have mattered to me what nationality an "immigrant leo" was. In the current times of balkanization and self-segregation and resistance to assimilation, I've got concerns about hiring "non-citizens" for law enforcement in general. From what I can see, having non-assimilated Representatives in Congress isn't working so well; I'm not optimistic it will work out, generally, for local law enforcement representatives.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    How do you feel about the non-citizens currently serving in the US Military?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A number of good points here and I think a lot is going to depend on the details in the law and the definition/enforcement of eligibility requirements. So many people crossing the border that have limited or fake history I don't see as candidates for law enforcement in this country, but the Illinois political machine may see things differently.

More than a century ago Tammany gained a lot of power from immigration and putting immigrants to work on city jobs, maybe the Outfit is looking to improve on that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If the issue is lack of recruits coupled with poor retention because the job has become ~unworkable due to politics and/or genuine pushback from those being policed, how does hiring a non-citizen fix that? What motive would a non-citizen have to work in a job that can't attract and retain good recruits? Why not become a citizen and then join a force? When they're done doing The Man's strongarming, can they move back to their homeland and still draw their pension? I'm sticking with my first inclination, it's wrong to accept non-citizens as leos. It's also against federal law.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Non-citizen police officers? Really? How do they take an oath to uphold the law and the Constitutions of the USA and Indiana when they are not even citizens of the USA? Seriously? I can't believe some idiots politicians think up this stuff. :nono:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Giving "just following orders" a whole new life.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    How do they take an oath to uphold the law and the Constitutions of the USA and Indiana when they are not even citizens of the USA?
    There are thousands of non-citizens serving in the US Military, they take an oath to protect and defend our constitution.

Military service is a path towards naturalization.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll ask the same question that was posed to someone else above. How do you feel about non-citizens serving in the armed forces?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    how does hiring a non-citizen fix that? What motive would a non-citizen have to work in a job that can't attract and retain good recruits? Why not become a citizen and then join a force? When they're done doing The Man's strongarming, can they move back to their homeland and still draw their pension? I'm sticking with my first inclination, it's wrong to accept non-citizens as leos. It's also against federal law.
    It solves the problem because it is a warm body to take calls at minimum. The pay and benefits to an immigrant might outweigh the reservations an immigrant might have because their opportunities could be limited at home. Becoming a citizen is substantially more difficult than getting a work visa, and service in law enforcement could be a fast track to citizenship?

Seeking immigrants is like seeking under-18s for the job. You can take applications and do interviews and testing, doesn't mean you actually have to hire the person. It could increase your chances of finding top-tier candidates vs dismissing them for things that arent necessarily performance related.

Top Bottom