• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Just so it's not all bugs and nags...

The multi-quote feature is radically better now and I like the new bell system. Maybe the bell could work the same way on the old site, but I never used it. The old MQ was just straight broken for me.
    I just see a reply, where is the multi-quote?

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I'm not sayin we won't deal with the change and press on. I am sayin I had a very good post concerning Nashville (not conspiratorial, just asking questions) drafted up and when I hit submit I got the white screen of down for maintenance. I had (and still have) questions about the primary target (communications), how loss of human life was avoided, why it didn't look like a terrorist attack to cover the actual primary target... maybe I should stop typing and find that one emoji with the tinfoil hat.
    I've learned to select all and copy text of anything I post on this forum, just before hitting the post reply button. Had things disappear, so this has helped me. Looks like the new software will let me do that but it won't show what i have selected - just have to take it by faith!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And anyone looked at their inbox? Its no longer message based (inbox, sent, etc) and is now private thread conversation based. Interesting concept.

Not to mention the max messages seems to be set artificially low for site supporters. (Im magically over my message limit currently)

The other oddity is there is no obvious way to select all messages nor export messages to save them before deleting them. Interesting.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Drafts are cool. I always wondered in the old system how in the hell to do anything with those saved messages it alerts you to as you were typing.

On a related note, I'd wait for TK to tell us its done before posting anything super meaningful. Depending on how the load/import/merge happens, all the stuff we post between go-live with the stale data last nigh (that we are now building off of by posting now) and when the load completes of the full history, its possible everything we have done since go-live will disappear like a fart in the wind as the board starts over from where the old system was taken offline late last night.
    I just clicked 2 separate messages and got multi quote

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Just hit that reply button for each post you want to quote and the quotes will appear in your text box.

What I haven't mastered yet is how to insert responses between quotes if I quote them all at the same time. So if I hit "Reply" to 3 different posts to quote them, I can't just hit enter and drop down between them to reply individually. I end up typing in the quoted area instead. To get in my own space, I have to do that by hitting reply, typing my reply, then doing it again for the others.

Probably just a me problem to figure out on that one.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I like when you go to a thread youfrequent ir goes straight to the neweat post you left off at instead of going to the first page.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Is everyone else missing a lot of their posts? All of my ads I had up are gone. Ads that I had closed are showing up, but nothing recent. I seen a couple posts of mine in other subforums, but they don't show up in my posts when I search for my posts.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One thing to love, that was a PIA in the old, if you are regularly going to a thread you just click the thread title and it takes you to the first unread thread for you. You no longer have to manually find the first unread post,

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I never did like the Tap A Talk app so didn't use it. But, just logging in through my browser I had to manually resize the window every time I changed screens on my tablet. With this upgrade, the screen resizes itself to fit. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Still roaming around finding where things are and then how to get back there, but it will come.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    One thing to love, that was a PIA in the old, if you are regularly going to a thread you just click the thread title and it takes you to the first unread thread for you. You no longer have to manually find the first unread post,
    Not that it matters now, but there were 2 easy ways to do that before. Either click the “first unread post” button at the top of the thread, or click the arrow next to the thread title when opening the thread.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I never did like the Tap A Talk app so didn't use it. But, just logging in through my browser I had to manually resize the window every time I changed screens on my tablet. With this upgrade, the screen resizes itself to fit. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Still roaming around finding where things are and then how to get back there, but it will come.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!
    My experience is opposite. I now have to resize every login on my iPad...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom