texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    Well, I have held out for some time but with the recent hits to the site from various entities like G O O G L E, it's time for a major update, it's much needed. We may even need a domain change, will shelve that til later.

Keep in mind this is a must for the longevity of the site and has helped many other forums. Not to mention the security importance of the updates. I do not like chnage, however I have found this software is much easier to use. Most of it really the same.

Truthfully this should make the site easier to use, easier image uploads straight from the PC, etc.

So please bare with me as it rolls out, not sure an exact date yet, testing it all out again now. Here we go ;)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for maintaining this site!!!

I am with another board and they had a major shift from vBulletin and I thought it turned out great. While all change leaves some items open for debate, the overall quality of the new site is in my opinion fantastic. Hope the change works as well here too!

Last edited:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Not XenForo. :( They have killed 2 other forums i loved with their bugs, spam, and general bs. Theyll take a good running forum and turn it into a turd over night especially one with this level of traffic. Ill admit i have no clue how forums work but my experience with XenForo forums has been trash.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I really like this forum but "change", NOT so much.. Took me months to get adjusted to the new format on Gunbroker a while back.. Yes I'm a dinosaur.
    He’s done a great job making it seem and feel almost like an exact copy. Everything is almost on the exact same place

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    First, thank you for the site.

Secondly, can you elaborate on the "recent hits to the site from various entities like G O O G L E" you spoke of?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom