• Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I like it too until I accidentally post whatever ignorance I decided against the first time... :)
    I was thinking about that too lol, it'll probably happen at some point. Good thing we can still edit posts
    What I haven't mastered yet is how to insert responses between quotes if I quote them all at the same time. So if I hit "Reply" to 3 different posts to quote them, I can't just hit enter and drop down between them to reply individually. I end up typing in the quoted area instead. To get in my own space, I have to do that by hitting reply, typing my reply, then doing it again for the others.

Probably just a me problem to figure out on that one.

Alternatively, if you want to get all the quotes in the text box faster, you could hit "reply" then just type one random character in between hitting "reply" to the next post (and so on), then go back and finish your typing.

hope that's clear

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I was thinking about that too lol, it'll probably happen at some point. Good thing we can still edit posts

Alternatively, if you want to get all the quotes in the text box faster, you could hit "reply" then just type one random character in between hitting "reply" to the next post (and so on), then go back and finish your typing.

hope that's clear

You were clear and that's how I've been doing it. I can see that sort of sucking if it's a thread that is moving really quickly though.

A different symptom of the same problem is that if I just want to partially quote someone, I have to remember to do it after I type something else first or I'm stuck in quote land forever.

and... with a little screwing around, I just figured it out. Or at least figured out how to make it look like vB again. To have "normal" quote function again, hit the [ ] ("Toggle BB Code") icon up by the preview button.

That solves all of my problems. INGO is now perfect!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When I hit the notification button and then go to a thread, there is nothing that changes on the notification list to let me know I saw it or used it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I tried to post a new thread to replace the (lost?) Nashville explosion one. Wouldn't let me do it.

There's a presser going on with a bunch of emotional cops recounting their experience.

Do we have any kind forecast on when the new site might be closer to complete so we can adjust and tweek for better viewing? Pretty rough to navigate at this time...

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm not computer savvy. Is there a way to do advanced reply yet? I thought someone mentioned it up-thread but I've had no luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom