• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    The logos are now off center and are conflicting with my anal retentive nature and causing me distress, please send another follow up email.
    Look, I am busy curb stomping cops, go pull chairs into a circle somewhere else . . . for now.

Does that mean the logos will not be centered after all? :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    E-mail from City Attorney 5 minutes ago. Problem solved!

"As with all large projects, there are lots of moving parts and lots of different people are involved in lots of different decisions. I am not sure who was in charge of the signage, but, after you brought it to our attention the firearm and recording signage has been removed. Please see the attached photo."
    And some say well worded emails to the appropriate folks don't matter. Nice job.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank you to the LPD officers and former officers that have contacted me to express their gratitude that someone stood up to the City of Lafayette.

Like all things, while LPD may have the integrity of a can of tuna fish, the problem manifests from the leadership, not the patrol officers.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Fantastic update and congrats for getting this quickly resolved! Hopefully you thanked the city attorney for the prompt attention to the matter.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Thank you to the LPD officers and former officers that have contacted me to express their gratitude that someone stood up to the City of Lafayette.

Like all things, while LPD may have the integrity of a can of tuna fish, the problem manifests from the leadership, not the patrol officers.
    Speaking of fish, a fish rots from the head it is said.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Speaking of fish, a fish rots from the head it is said.
    I got more than several calls from LPD cops saying exactly that.

We shall see what my APRA request turns up. And wait and see how LPD retaliates for me humiliating them this publicly.

They tried to run me off the road after speaking out against a tax, I fully expect to be attacked over this too.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @Kirk Freeman first off congrats on getting the signage "Indiana preemption statute compliant."

OK, this Freeman News Service (FNN)... at the NRAAM there was a room for the press to get credentials. I wanted press credentials, because I wanted them.

Lets kill two stones with one bird here: make me the "FNN Roving NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA/INGO/Indiana General Assembly/what the hell ever reporter."

You can pay me nothing and I'll provide slightly more than nothing to FNN.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    @Kirk Freeman first off congrats on getting the signage "Indiana preemption statute compliant."

OK, this Freeman News Service (FNN)... at the NRAAM there was a room for the press to get credentials. I wanted press credentials, because I wanted them.

Lets kill two stones with one bird here: make me the "FNN Roving NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA/INGO/Indiana General Assembly/what the hell ever reporter."

You can pay me nothing and I'll provide slightly more than nothing to FNN.
    FNN is now White Rose Media Group.

You're hired.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Update: Have requested via APRA from the Prosecuting Attorney all communications concerning the new Public Safety Center as I suspect they were taking about the sign. I would bet money on it.

As well, I have requested, via APRA, from LPD who authorized the language on the door. I plan on having those people prosecuted and, if law enforcement, decertified depending on what is in the contract of course.

LPD really stepped in it and I shall ensure that they never ever think about pulling this nonsense again.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lafayette City Attorney just admitted: "The sign package was developed with the help of a consultant and consisted of well over 200 different signs.”

200 variants? That means the sign choice was deliberate and give consideration. Someone clicked the box, circled the variant selected with a pen, etc.

Need to find out who it was. If it was law enforcement, I decertify and ask to prosecute. If a politician, we sue and ask to prosecute.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "LPD Chief Scott Galloway said it wasn’t clear who had selected the ban on firearms and on video or audio recordings."

Oh, Gauleiter, don't change. Your incompetence is a solid given in Lafayette.

Live action shot of the Lafayette Police Chief attempting to solve the great mystery of who signed the contract for the illegal door signage.

1683892233939.png

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Prosecuting Attorney denies having an e-mails or records concerning the Public Safety Center. In fact the Prosecuting Attorney denies ever meeting the Lafayette Police Department or knowing that LPD exists.

As well, the Prosecuting Attorney denies every setting foot in Lafayette, Indiana and cannot locate the new Public Safety Center on a map.

Prosecutor on his new IPAC cycle regarding the mess LPD made for law enforcement for Kirk to beat like a heavy bag:

1683918261909.png

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Lafayette City Attorney just admitted: "The sign package was developed with the help of a consultant and consisted of well over 200 different signs.”

200 variants? That means the sign choice was deliberate and give consideration. Someone clicked the box, circled the variant selected with a pen, etc.

Need to find out who it was. If it was law enforcement, I decertify and ask to prosecute. If a politician, we sue and ask to prosecute.

Honest question.

Who do you see doing the prosecuting?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Three to five sign options - ok, less than 10 sign options - might get deliberate consideration. Two hundred is throw-the-dart consideration. Unless the police chief or the politician doing the choosing is Donald Trump, I doubt anyone is going to be prosecuted for making a stupid sign choice that was also illegal. I predict this will go the way of your are-u-carrying-a-gun-in-the-court-house shake down.

But the emails might be entertaining. If you didn’t do so already, you should also request browser histories from all the gummint computers and cell phones involved during the relevant period. OK, I don’t know Indiana administrative law, but you should check - I think it’s a good bet that deleting government records without an officially sanctioned plan to back it up is illegal, especially after a APRA (I guess that’s Indiana’s “FOIA”?) request. Might be a “working papers can be destroyed”loop hole for that tho, but wouldn’t surprise me if their records disposition plan hasn’t taken account browser histories, And those should be at least as “official record“ as emails.

If nothing else, it will make a cold chill go down their spines for a moment. ;)

Top Bottom