• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Ok fellow rednecks, I think I have decided on a 2024 Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium (or EPS).

I'm still debating on a regular cab or a crew cab. I'm not interested in the 80hp XP for the extra money or the 570 for the savings. I'm kind of interested in the pursuit camo, but the sage is also fine.

So....talk me into or out of it. What central Indiana dealers do you like?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Only thing I can offer is that my hunting partner has a Polaris Ranger EV he bought new in 2014. We've used it for all manner of hunting and ground clearing/plot related chores, had it stuck many times requiring the winch to pull it out and aside from replacing the batteries it's been a solid machine. If I were in the market I'd be looking at Polaris also.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Ok fellow rednecks, I think I have decided on a 2024 Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium (or EPS).

I'm still debating on a regular cab or a crew cab. I'm not interested in the 80hp XP for the extra money or the 570 for the savings. I'm kind of interested in the pursuit camo, but the sage is also fine.

maximumpower-sports.com

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

OK, into or out of. Once you use one for a few months you will ask yourself how you ever lived without one. Then kick yourself in the butt for not getting one 15 years ago. My two cents.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    My utv is green, so I cannot speak to different Polaris models. But, I can tell you from experience these must haves:
    Electric/hydraulic dump bed
    Brush/bump bars all around
    Skid plates front/center/rear
    Power steering
    Winch mounts in front and rear
    Winch capacity 2x the gross wt of the utv (mine is rated at 3500 lbs)
    Front windshield
    Cab enclosure kit for winter
    Four wheel drive

Sometimes I wish I had a crew cab, most I don't miss it.

Good luck

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Crew if you have the room. They eat up space stored and in tight places ?? Where are you using it. Trails. Open spaces ? I have 5 grandkids and a regular cab. Enough room for them and a couple of dogs in the bed. We only go to the woods no roads.

90% Indiana farm, road and flat hunting grounds.

10% Missoula Montana's Bitterroot and Saphire Mountains on logging/dirt roads up to 8000'. (1-2x a year)

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora

Depends on your intended use. If you're riding around on country roads with family or use around a farm, I'd go with a crew. I own both and use them regularly. I find myself in the standard cab more often, it's just a little easier to zip around in. That being said, when I have family and friends out, the crew gets used nonstop and the reg. cab stays park.

If you plan on using it mainly for in the woods/hunting application, I'd definitely go with the std. cab. I'm lucky most of my woods trails are fairly wide but that's not the case most places. I rarely take the crew trail riding outside of my place. As far as colors go, the Camo is hard to beat. It does not shows scratches or scuffs. My std cab is camo and the crew is a red , the camo is several years older and twice the hours but looks in better condition.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have a 2014 900 EPS Crew and I LOVE that machine. It has been a workhorse for me and I have never had ANY problems with it. Never been in the shop (except for regular maintenance or accessory installs) and has started and run for me every time. I am VERY glad I went with the crew because inevitably people want to go for a ride.

I also love the guys at Indy Powersports. They have always done great work fast and inexpensive. I bought mine from Falcone before they got out of powersports, but I would buy my next Ranger from Indy Powersports.

I would avoid Flat Out Powersports. They were acting like they were doing me a huge favor when I first got my ranger and wanted a winch & stereo installed. Not knowledgeable or helpful at all.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    I have a 2022 CF MOTO UFORCE 600 which i have been very satisficed with. Purchased from Tom Wood Motorsports in Anderson. It was 2-3k less than the comparable Ranger. My experience with Polaris has been disappointing. Between me and my two friends and 5 new Polaris atv's and one used Ranger we have had 100% module failures. Granted these were 2008 and 2014 models, things may have changed by now. Good luck.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Well I went with a brand new Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium in the Pursuit Camo. I have 3 hours on it already and I have yet to drive it. lol. I can't get my 14 year old off of it. :)

Now the search for the perfect windshield, rear window, roof, light bar, winch....ugh, the youtube rabbit hole will never end.
    Polaris OEM, is best, SuperATV, is way cheaper and still pretty good.

I have the SuperATV, flip up windshield, rear windscreen, and roof. Like them all.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well I went with a brand new Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium in the Pursuit Camo. I have 3 hours on it already and I have yet to drive it. lol. I can't get my 14 year old off of it. :)

Now the search for the perfect windshield, rear window, roof, light bar, winch....ugh, the youtube rabbit hole will never end.
    The rear window is more important than the front if you're in dust at all.
    I have a front that pivots at the top but only opens 6-8" at the bottom. One with gas shocks that opens all the way up would be much nicer.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Did you go with glass? That's what I'm thinking.
    Glass is nice, but is EXPENSIVE, and can break.

Hard coated polycarbonate is indestructible, scratch resistant, but not immune to scratches. WAY cheaper.

Like mentioned above, full flip up is the way to go when it is hot outside, the first 5 years of my Ranger’s life was with a fixed windshield, love the breeze of the flip up.

Attachments

• IMG_6537.jpeg
      IMG_6537.jpeg
      603.1 KB · Views: 13
    Top Bottom