• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I only got as far as charging my battery today since my tender took a huge poo.
    Next Tuesday thru Thursday looks semi-promising with the lows in the 40s and highs 60 +.

If I had the cashish, I'd buy a Pan America

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I did an out and back trip to the Overlook via SR62, right at 90 miles. Roads were in good shape. A few developing potholes but no sand! :banana:

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    Anyone thought about, or actual own, an airbag?

I have a hit-air vest that's blacked out, cordura like non-plastic material, less dorky than what that guy is wearing. Having said that, it's been hanging in the closet since I got it a few years ago. It's impractical as you can't wear it under leather or touring jackets cause it's gotta be able to inflate. Also, you have to remember to attach a string to the seat. If I'm flying through the air courtesy of an inattentive cager I may briefly miss it. The technology comes from horseback riding but it's not well suited for most type of motorcycle riding.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The newer ones can be worn under or over a jacket. If worn under the jacket it may requiring sizing up the jacket or removing the jacket’s foam back armor to allow for inflation.
    My jackets are way too snug for that to be effective.

Last edited:

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    The newer ones can be worn under or over a jacket. If worn under the jacket it may requiring sizing up the jacket or removing the jacket’s foam back armor to allow for inflation.

Like JettaKnight mine are too tight to accommodate inflation. They make jackets with the inflation device built in. Was an impulse buy after a flurry of biker fatalities to check what was out there. Dorkiness aside, just wasn't practical for daily riding. Sportbikes on the track, maybe adventure bikes, may be a better match.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Like JettaKnight mine are too tight to accommodate inflation. They make jackets with the inflation device built in. Was an impulse buy after a flurry of biker fatalities to check what was out there. Dorkiness aside, just wasn't practical for daily riding. Sportbikes on the track, maybe adventure bikes, may be a better match.
    Why wasn't it practical?

I'm hoping to get a trip in to the Iron Pony over in Ohio; hopefully they have some vest I can try on - and maybe take home.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    Why wasn't it practical?

I'm hoping to get a trip in to the Iron Pony over in Ohio; hopefully they have some vest I can try on - and maybe take home.

Couldn't wear with my existing clothes. Here's a picture of the vest: vest.JPG
    It's too bulky to be worn inside. Wearing outside, it adds quite a bit of bulk as well. Then you have to remember to attach/detach the activation string to the bike. I'm probably going to forget to detach, and extricating they say is a huge headache. Supposed to take quite a bit of force to activate but who knows.

For task oriented riding, like on track days, I think it's ok. For daily riding, it's too much overhead for me. Your mileage may vary. Since you're seriously considering it, my two cents is also to check out built-in jackets. Ride safe.

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Wife wanted me to get the bike out when it was almost 70 degrees. Told her it'd just make me sad when the freezing temps again (and the salt/sand from above is always on my mind). Hopefully we get some good weather and some nice showers so I can get the beast out :)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wife wanted me to get the bike out when it was almost 70 degrees. Told her it'd just make me sad when the freezing temps again (and the salt/sand from above is always on my mind). Hopefully we get some good weather and some nice showers so I can get the beast out :)
    I passed the street sweeper today... of course, I was on two wheels. :cool:

Top Bottom