• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    What is your favorite battery brand?

short version, I failed to properly maintain all the toys over the winter, and now I need at least one new battery. It's for the 2010 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited (FLHTK). They all cost an arm and leg, and some hair to boot.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    What is your favorite battery brand?

short version, I failed to properly maintain all the toys over the winter, and now I need at least one new battery. It's for the 2010 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited (FLHTK). They all cost an arm and leg, and some hair to boot.
    Big Crank. Góod life and amps. Had them in the FXR and now the FLHTK.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ordered a new set of motorcycle boots today. Sidi is running sales at all the moto-web-retail stores. Been looking for a more protective boot but didn't want a full blown motocross or adventure boot. Sidi Armada seems to be an Adventure "lite" boot aimed at road tourers who take their bikes off road from time to time. Hoping it turns out to be as protective and as comfortable as the reviewers claim it to be.

d2ddad0bd398202d0374cbcb22a21a51932670ce_125516_Sidi_Armada_Gore_tex11.jpg

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Monday, Took the bike off the lift and visited Cabelas in Hammond to pay my Bill.
    Then cruised the back roads home. Plenty of snow still on the ground around my neck of the woods.
    Tuesday went out for another ride tho it was a bit windy.
    Future weather forecast gave me the idea to put the bike back up on the lift till weather improves after this coming week.
    No Daytona this year... :’(

Attachments

• FEFFF0C9-CFC2-4830-86AE-AE00F929E681.jpeg
      FEFFF0C9-CFC2-4830-86AE-AE00F929E681.jpeg
      2 MB · Views: 12

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Monday, Took the bike off the lift and visited Cabelas in Hammond to pay my Bill.
    Then cruised the back roads home. Plenty of snow still on the ground around my neck of the woods.
    Tuesday went out for another ride tho it was a bit windy.
    Future weather forecast gave me the idea to put the bike back up on the lift till weather improves after this coming week.
    No Daytona this year... :’(
    Nice bike. I'll admit I gave those a really hard look. Liked a lot about it.

I see you are on the DARK side of the border. I can see that border from my back porch but, fortunately I live on the SUNNY side of the state line.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    First ride yesterday. Always takes me awhile to "relearn" after taking the winter months off. Gotta keep the head up and look where I want to go.
    Stopped in the HD shop for their free safety check. Looks like a new back tire at the end of the upcoming season. Time to flush the clutch and brake lines. Good to go otherwise.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Inside job?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The swans are migrating. Anyone in a swampy area may be able to catch the flocks. This is just a small group that was at the Black Oak Bayou this weekend. There were probably about 1000 birds out there, this was one of 3 groupings, plus the scattered birds all over the low water.

Rough 2 mile road to get out to the observation area, its a bad gravel single lane that is two way so someone has to back up if cars are coming back from the parking area. I think it might have been paved at some point, maybe during the National Recover Act? Mostly its a pothole connected by loose gravel. Made for a fun ride.

tempImageobUuGb.jpg
    tempImagel5xN37.jpg tempImagehU5s8L.jpg

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Started mine up and let it run for a bit. Contemplating riding to fort wayne tomorrow or Wednesday.. have some tuning to do on the carbs but that’s normal. I always put startron in the gas before storage and seems to make the first start easier.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I finally got out today. On a steel horse I ride. :rockwoot:

I need to delve into phone mount options. I'm currently using a RAM mount "secured" to my windscreen mounts. The last couple phones have shown to have a lot of shake in this mount. I even shook a phone out of the mount last year. Was lucky to find it.

Since the phone hit the pavement, I've been forced to use the RAM mount rubber band bungie thing. It's secure through the phone shaking, but a real PIA to strap and unstrap. Makes errand stops and fueling a lot more time-consuming and cumbersome that it should be. On top of likely being hard on the silicone phone case. :xmad:

If I invest in a different mount, I'd like a better solution for switching from vertical to horizontal view. My new-ish phone does not have a great usable home screen when run horizontal. That said, it's hard to imagine running google maps in vertical mode. :dunno:

Along that line, maybe I need to look into using a driving mode android app?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Inside job?
    Yup. Happened very close to mi casa de luna. They knew what they were doing. In and out in mere seconds. Sounds like an inside job or these dudes were very well rehearsed at the minimum. I hope my buds can find these perps.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

I need to delve into phone mount options. I'm currently using a RAM mount "secured" to my windscreen mounts. The last couple phones have shown to have a lot of shake in this mount. I even shook a phone out of the mount last year. Was lucky to find it.

Since the phone hit the pavement, I've been forced to use the RAM mount rubber band bungie thing. It's secure through the phone shaking, but a real PIA to strap and unstrap. Makes errand stops and fueling a lot more time-consuming and cumbersome that it should be. On top of likely being hard on the silicone phone case. :xmad:

If I invest in a different mount, I'd like a better solution for switching from vertical to horizontal view. My new-ish phone does not have a great usable home screen when run horizontal. That said, it's hard to imagine running google maps in vertical mode. :dunno:

I love my RAM mount. I have never used the rubber thing but I leave it on incase we get into some rough roads. I had one of those magnet mounts... never again. I also have it perch mount as you can see.

Attachments

• E3D57C21-D1EE-4766-A09B-D3936C2F54A8.jpeg
      E3D57C21-D1EE-4766-A09B-D3936C2F54A8.jpeg
      2.7 MB · Views: 7

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

I switched to a QUAD LOCK phone mount and have been using it for 2+ years. Quad Lock makes a couple versions. If your phone has image stabilization then you need the Anti-Vibration mount. If your phone has a more simple camera then you can use the standard mount. I have an iPhone 8, so its several years old and without image stabilization.

My mount is connected to my windshield frame using a RAM Ball and RAM Arm. Vibrates a bit but not so much that its a problem to read the screen. Mounted over my instrument cluster.

The QUAD LOCK is a rock solid mount, doesn't rely on rubber bands or clamps. It locks the phone into the mount.

1 hand to lock the phone into the mount. 1 hand to unlock it. Takes a couple seconds but is mechanically locked onto the bike, not simply netted into place.

30ZVrQOISuW6evNj8kO2kQ.jpg

Top Bottom