• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Anybody use one of those add on friction cruise controls like the Vista Cruise/Atlas/etc. I do have one of those plastic crampbuster kajiggers, it helps but meh.

I have a Brakeaway cruise control on the Fury. At $179 it's not cheap but is a quality piece.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Yeah I was looking at that one too. Almost like an improved version of the Vista.

It does have some good features. You can still make adjustments to the throttle while on the locked or set position and release it with the thumb lever or by applying the front brake. :rockwoot:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah all the ones I've looked at you can still adjust throttle up and down cause they just use a little friction to keep it on place, but the Vista/Brakeaway are nice with the brake release feature.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I was very sloppily CCing on the bike today and a Gary cop got behind me. I guess he was smart enough to know that wasn't reason enough to stop but he followed me for about 5 miles presumably looking for any other reason to stop, but I didn't give him one. I know he was following because I made some random turns instead of taking the most direct route. :): :laugh:

When that happens to me generally I just pull into the first store or gas station and bring it to a head or it gets broken off by LE. I find it interesting that it seems to happen more often when I dont wear a helmet. But it might just he a feeling I have... :dunno:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I live here but I've heard a handful of instances of cops pulling over white people from out of town in Gary and asking what they're doing in the neighborhood(Twilight Zone much?) and implying if not outright accusing them of being there to buy drugs. Maybe that's what was happening here but I almost bet he probably ran my plate so he should have seen I was local. Still think it was the gun.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Today I rode with my new jacket - waxed cotton . . .

What type of back protection do you install in your jackets? Both your Icon mesh, and this new one, came only with foam insert pads. Or do you ride without back armor? I know a lot of people skip back armor.

My wife has a FirstGear Contour mesh that came with a foam pad insert, I replaced it with a D3O Level 1 protector that I pulled out of a Klim Apex Air jacket. I replaced that with a honeycomb Dianese CE Level 2 protector. My FirstGear Rush-Air mesh jacket came with a foam pad insert, that is replaced with a CE Level 1 Alpinestars protector.

We also have 2 other FirstGear jackets that came with D30 back armor, Level 1 armor and I can't tell the difference between the KLIM and the FirstGear D3O. The only difference I can see between the D3O Level 1 and Level 2 armor is the thickness. I believe both jacket companies use the same D3O armor, but Klim typically uses Level 2 in most of their gear while FirstGear uses Level 1 in most of their gear.

• The KLIM D30 Level 2 protectors are heavy but flexible and comfortable. They are also warm.
    • The KLIM & FirstGear D30 Level 1 protectors are modest weight, flexible and comfortable. They are also a bit warm.
    • The Dianese honeycomb Level 2 protectors are fairly heavy, not very flexible, modestly comfortable. But they breathe!
    • The Alpinestars honeycomb Level 1 protectors are fairly light, flexible and comfortable. And they breathe!
    Obviously Level 2 offers more impact protection that Level 1. Normally I try to upgrade to Level 2 armor but the newest jacket is a full mesh FirstGear Rush-Air and I really wanted to keep it as light and breezy as possible so I bought the Alpinestars CE Level 1 protector for that jacket. I seriously debated on getting another of the Dianese honeycomb Level 2 armor inserts but it weighs almost as much as the mesh jacket!

I also gave a FirstGear CE Level 1 rated D30 back armor to TV1217 because it was sitting in my closet with no place to go.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah that one unfortunately only fits in my cold weather jacket. I've been looking for a smaller one to fit in my perforated leather one because the "slot" is about 3/4 of the size

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What type of back protection do you install in your jackets?

My old jacket was a Corazzo 5.0 - just a thin piece of foam.

My mesh jacket, Speed and Strength, came with a CE1 back protector; quite a value for $80.
    After looking into back protectors, I think I'll buy the brand one for the Oxford Hardy jacket.

I removed the CE2 elbow and shoulder protectors from my old jacket and put them into the Oxford Hardy.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I rode 3 of the Harleys this weekend, and the scooter. One hasn't been rode in 2 years. It needed a splash of gas and some starting fluid.
    And I rode during curfew. :p

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Anybody use one of those add on friction cruise controls like the Vista Cruise/Atlas/etc. I do have one of those plastic crampbuster kajiggers, it helps but meh.

My wife had the friction cruise and it was GTG. Then her clepto son borrowed the bike and it came home without it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My wife had the friction cruise and it was GTG. Then her clepto son borrowed the bike and it came home without it.

I had one of those with my wife the other night. :naughty:

Hey everybody - bikes don't run when the spark plug cap falls off.

Pushed it back a quarter mile to the office, loaded into and out of the pickup, completely removed the stator, and coil... all before I noticed the spark plug wire dangling. :facepalm:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I had one of those with my wife the other night. :naughty:

Hey everybody - bikes don't run when the spark plug cap falls off.

Pushed it back a quarter mile to the office, loaded into and out of the pickup, completely removed the stator, and coil... all before I noticed the spark plug wire dangling. :facepalm:

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My Triumph 650R was shooting fire out the tailpipe when it was running on half a stator. I rode it down 70 all the way from Wilkinson to Indianapolis. At night. What a light show.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    That was in the winter about 3 years ago. I had 2 heaters running in the garage. Changed the stator, clutch plates, push rod (used from King King Tiger, not made anymore), output seal, and clutch cable.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Kawasaki was my favorite rice burner. Back in the day, they had storage under the seat, helmet hooks, gear indicator on the dash, jet ski, the first turbo (750, pre NINJA). And they had the 1300. They were the leaders in the Japanese market. And the first bike to break 100mph, which was a milestone.

Who was the first to break 100 mpg?
    My memory was more like, the Brough Superior could go 100 mph in 1925.

In 1969 the Honda 750 CB's and Harley XLCH 1,000 could both bust 100 mpg..

Sure you dont mean in a 1/4 mile?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom