• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It was the Brough. I thought I read it somewhere.

The 1972 750 widowmaker was the fastest accelerating bike at the time. They also have a 550 and a 350. They're 2 stroke, oil injection, and fire on every stroke. I got a used 350 when I worked at a Kawasaki Suzuki shop when I was a teenager, before I had my license. A locksmith had to make a key for it and bring it to the house. I still have it in a barn in southern Indiana, along with my dirt bike, spare motor and parts. I have the title in my safe.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I would like to jailbreak a 50cc scooter. Get rid of limiter and add nitrous. That would be fun to crash on them tiny tires.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    We fixed a wrecked KZ 900 at the shop. The frame was bent and we straightened it with heat and come a longs. The customer said he hit a deer.
    It was beautiful when it left the shop. It was painted deep black with a tint of purple. We advanced the timing and cooked the new headers a little at a time because the customer wanted it rainbowed when it came out of the heads. When he picked it up, he took off like a jack waggon. He went down the sidewalk, across the street, popped the curb and almost hit the old Hoosier Cabinet building. We never saw him again.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    My uncle owned and operated the Kawasaki shop in Owensboro for years. Back in the mid 70's he was selling a ton of Z1 900's. I was working for him uncrating and prepping bikes 5 days a week. I would do 10 to 12 Z1 900's a week. Every week thru the summer. Funny thing is you could buy a used year old Z1 for about half of new. But people kept buying new ones. :dunno:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My uncle owned and operated the Kawasaki shop in Owensboro for years. Back in the mid 70's he was selling a ton of Z1 900's. I was working for him uncrating and prepping bikes 5 days a week. I would do 10 to 12 Z1 900's a week. Every week thru the summer. Funny thing is you could buy a used year old Z1 for about half of new. But people kept buying new ones. :dunno:

About $2000 back then? I remember the 750 turbo reached about $4000 and everything climbed after that.

We would pick them up in Chicago. Uncrate them and install the front end. Put acid in the batteries. It was humping when the new models came in

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    My cousin bought a KZ 900 about 1979?
    I asked him how fast it would go.
    He handed me his helmet and told me
    ”Faster than you want to go”
    I took it out for a ride and had it going so fast I felt like the wind was going to blow me off the bike.
    I brought it back and after getting the bugs out of my teeth exclaimed
    “Yes it does!”

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The owner of the shop bought some land in Dubois. It had an old double axle air stream on it. We spent a whole day shooting the hell out of it. Another day stripping it and burning the wood. He saved the stainless for scrap. He flat bedded the trailer and picked up the new bikes with it.

There was a hand pump out there and a rattlesnake next to his wife. He drew his gun and shot it, saved the rattle.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I took it out for a ride and had it going so fast I felt like the wind was going to blow me off the bike.
    “Yes it does!”

I never had one. But they were talked about as legend.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My first bike there was an old Harley in milk crates. The shop had an upstairs full of old bikes. My 350 lived up there until I got it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    “Yes it does!”

I let my friend drive the 350. He came back looking like he just saw Bigfoot. He said damn, damn, damn that bike's fast. I didn't know. I just putted around town on it. I put on my best poker face and said yeah, it's really fast.

Top Bottom