• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Well the $$$ lost on the devaluation of the Goldwings is about equal to the cost of the Oil Dry used to sop of the leaking oil from an 80's HD so I'd say its a break even proposition :stickpoke:

That doesn't bother me a bit, its part of The Experience. Something the New Generation Windshield Crowd will never Understand. Most have never even Kickstarted one.
    Plus.... Nothing sounds like a Shovelhead.....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That doesn't bother me a bit, its part of The Experience. Something the New Generation Windshield Crowd will never Understand. Most have never even Kickstarted one.
    I used to ride HD's long before they became trendy as well. My first bike was a 1955 Panhead. (No I did'nt buy it brand new) Not quite that old. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bought a new FirstGear mesh jacket yesterday. Only has armor in the elbow/shoulder areas. Had to order back armor.

Honda/CF Moto dealership was hopping. I was there for about an hour and they made 2 sales while I was walking around the showroom. Parts counter had a steady flow of people walking in. Service seemed swamped too.

Good to see a local business doing doing well during covid/riots/murder hornets.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Socially distant today.

fullsizeoutput_78da.jpg

fullsizeoutput_78d8.jpg

eF4142rATqSZitEkhL7S2A.jpg

fullsizeoutput_78db.jpg

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

I wasn't dissing on the HD's.........just pulling Sigblitz's chain a little. You said it, The Experience is why we ride.
    Oh, I bought the Fury because it looks like a Harley chopper. :rockwoot:Damn, can't believe I said that......I feel so dirty. ;)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I wasn't dissing on the HD's.........just pulling Sigblitz's chain a little. You said it, The Experience is why we ride.
    Oh, I bought the Fury because it looks like a Harley chopper. :rockwoot:Damn, can't believe I said that......I feel so dirty. ;)

I know the struggle. I have kickers and leakers.
    Pro tip- A big bakers pan, whipes up with a paper towel.

You just have to park in the grass and know which bars will throw a fit.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Kawasaki was my favorite rice burner. Back in the day, they had storage under the seat, helmet hooks, gear indicator on the dash, jet ski, the first turbo (750, pre NINJA). And they had the 1300. They were the leaders in the Japanese market. And the first bike to break 100mph, which was a milestone.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My wife tried to sell my 50cc scooter today. For $150. Then someone else wanted it for $250. She wants it out of the garage. I told her I'm not selling it. It makes me feel like a biker.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I was very sloppily CCing on the bike today and a Gary cop got behind me. I guess he was smart enough to know that wasn't reason enough to stop but he followed me for about 5 miles presumably looking for any other reason to stop, but I didn't give him one. I know he was following because I made some random turns instead of taking the most direct route. :): :laugh:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Anyone on here have a Ultra Limited set up with Khrome Werks 1" 2+2 narrow sweeper bars? I think these bars are what I want to go with. Be nice to sit on a bike that already has them. Pm me if you do. Thanks.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Anybody use one of those add on friction cruise controls like the Vista Cruise/Atlas/etc. I do have one of those plastic crampbuster kajiggers, it helps but meh.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Anybody use one of those add on friction cruise controls like the Vista Cruise/Atlas/etc. I do have one of those plastic crampbuster kajiggers, it helps but meh.

I have a GoCruise2 that I'd be happy to sell you (if I can find it).

I use an Atlas.

The Atlas is 3 or 4 times the price of the GoCruise2. Nothing wrong with the GoCruise2 units, they invented the category, but I have arthritis and it is simply uncomfortable for me to operate. The Atlas works similarly but uses my thumb to operate instead of my index finger.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I had a Vista Cruise on a Honda ST1300 i had back in 2004 and 2005 and it worked well. I wouldn't hesitate to have another if I was riding something without cruise control.

Top Bottom