• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yep. Although I've known a few who were pretty pale. Heck summertime I've been darker than them. Which of the 3 commonly accepted races would you place them in?

Maybe. I'd say most likely. Although there are Oriental and black Mexicans the majority are white. Heck go to Brazil and see what they consider "black". I used to work with a Mexican woman, her name was Blanco it fit her very well. She was so white she was almost translucent.
    LOL. Too funny. You really ought to stop embarrassing yourself...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    LOL. Too funny. You really ought to stop embarrassing yourself...
    Okay. What race are Mexicans? Or Egyptians? Or anywhere else in the middle east? How about Semitic Jews? You are confusing skin tone with race. Here's one for you, Eskimo's are oriental or if you prefer Mongaloid.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You are confusing skin tone with race.
    To be fair, it is confusing to use "white" as a synonym of "Caucasian," since white is a color. It's odd to call something white, when it's actually brown.

But we're still calling Native Amercians "Indians" hundreds of years after it was quite obvious that this place is not India, so...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    To be fair, it is confusing to use "white" as a synonym of "Caucasian," since white is a color. It's odd to call something white, when it's actually brown.

That's pretty much verbatim the conversation I had about 18 years ago with Fawad. He was pretty offended I didn't recognize his whiteness at first. But TJBB is right, and so was Fawad.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That's pretty much verbatim the conversation I had about 18 years ago with Fawad. He was pretty offended I didn't recognize his whiteness at first. But TJBB is right, and so was Fawad.
    Still weird. Like a tomato technically being a fruit. :)

Besides, "Jesus was white" goes a lot deeper than a simple race classification, regardless of technical accuracy.

squad.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    "Thar waran't no color in his face,where his face showed it was white, not like another man's white, but a white to make a body sick, a white to make a body's flesh crawl, a tree toad white, a fish belly white."

I wonder if this book is still in some libraries, or in dusty packing case labeled uncomfortable literature.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Still weird. Like a tomato technically being a fruit. :)

Besides, "Jesus was white" goes a lot deeper than a simple race classification, regardless of technical accuracy.

One of the things I've noticed in art museums in Europe is Jesus tends to look like the locals in the old time master's paintings. No American Surfer Jesus for Middle Ages Spaniards, he's plumper and rocking a unibrow. As the time frame gets later he got a personal trainer and plucked his 'brow, but still had that local facial structure. I don't know if it's because people just didn't travel as much so that's all the artists were exposed to for the most part or if it's just local ego at work. It was so different from how I am used to seeing him portrayed in modern western art I didn't catch on to who it was at first. And of course some ages/places are much darker, really focusing on the suffering aspect.

Also creepy flying baby heads that are angels. No bodies, just wings on a head. Creepy AF to my modern day eye.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "Thar waran't no color in his face,where his face showed it was white, not like another man's white, but a white to make a body sick, a white to make a body's flesh crawl, a tree toad white, a fish belly white."

I wonder if this book is still in some libraries, or in dusty packing case labeled uncomfortable literature.

My guess is most only have the "new and improved" (ie: censored) version from 2011 if they have it at all.

When that BS was happening, I was able to pick up two cases of that book as originally published by Sam along with three cases of Sam's popular book about the other friend.

I swear to God, it seems most folks these days would throw their Grandfather into a ditch if they were told doing so would be "the right side of history"...whatever the **** that is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One of the things I've noticed in art museums in Europe is Jesus tends to look like the locals in the old time master's paintings. No American Surfer Jesus for Middle Ages Spaniards, he's plumper and rocking a unibrow. As the time frame gets later he got a personal trainer and plucked his 'brow, but still had that local facial structure. I don't know if it's because people just didn't travel as much so that's all the artists were exposed to for the most part or if it's just local ego at work. It was so different from how I am used to seeing him portrayed in modern western art I didn't catch on to who it was at first. And of course some ages/places are much darker, really focusing on the suffering aspect.

Also creepy flying baby heads that are angels. No bodies, just wings on a head. Creepy AF to my modern day eye.
    Pretty sure that this was the image of Jesus that I was first exposed to.

iu

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I'd say ego is a good enough term. People want their Lord and Savior to look like them, either consciously or unconsciously. I've seen stereotypical "white" Jesus, black, Hispanic, and one Oriental. None of them bother me. Flying baby heads? Yeah that's creepy.
    Pretty sure that this was the image of Jesus that I was first exposed to.

iu
    If not the first, definitely a early one for me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd say ego is a good enough term. People want their Lord and Savior to look like them, either consciously or unconsciously. I've seen stereotypical "white" Jesus, black, Hispanic, and one Oriental. None of them bother me. Flying baby heads? Yeah that's creepy.

Sometimes I wonder if it doesn't look a bit like whoever the patron/customer is to be. They were painting those things as a job, after all.

Creepy floating baby heads:

enhanced-30814-1418131049-8.jpg

Sometimes they have saints are standing on a cloud of them as they get lifted to heaven, upping the creepy factor.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'm from the school that there is only one race. The human race...I hate any paper work that wants to know what race I am, they never have human race. But I know somewhere along the line someone got the brilliant ideal to separate and divide us into races. Some have ignorantly tried using the Bible to justify races but wrong interpretations run rampant. I'll stick with the human race. We all came form Adam and Eve and last I read they were given no race and we don't know their color. End of story.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sometimes I wonder if it doesn't look a bit like whoever the patron/customer is to be. They were painting those things as a job, after all.

Creepy floating baby heads:

enhanced-30814-1418131049-8.jpg

Sometimes they have saints are standing on a cloud of them as they get lifted to heaven, upping the creepy factor.
    That's definitely possible and wouldn't surprise me in the least. And yeah that is creepy.

Top Bottom