• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Meanwhile, in Wokeville:

"See? Another example of how the bail system is prone to errors, and just needs to be abandoned entirely..."

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This SOB got the low $500 bond because of a spelling error. Most of his records were under MylAk Hill instead of MylIk hill. An A instead of an I (capital i). Can't find a link right now, but WRTV just ran a piece on their evening news. :xmad: The system is broken. How about using SSN or some other identifier that would be less prone to error? Fingerprints? Hard to fake those. Total BS.
    That is a bulls**t excuse and whomever said it is a turd that can't admit they made a mistake.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Remind me that if I ever get arrested and released, I need to grow a moustache.

I'm sure that alone would get me another get out of jail free card.

"Hey, didnt we arrest you last year? No wait, that guy didnt have a moustache. You can go. "

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    From the article:
    "According to a spokesperson with the Indiana Department of Correction, Hill was released from the Putnamville Correctional Facility on Feb. 15, 2021, on parole. The IDOC spokesperson said Hill was a delinquent as of Jan. 19, 2022."

And:
    "In a letter to the judge in March 2018, he wrote:
    I'm no longer involved in misconduct in any way, shape, form, or fashion. I know what is truly right. I know the price of crime doesn't pay at all.
    Hill was denied admission to a community corrections program in 2020, in part due to misconduct while in prison. He was eventually released on parole last year."

And:
    "Hill was out of jail on $500 bail when he allegedly shot the IMPD officer Sunday night."

Screw that. First offense, okay, you get bail. After that, no bail, or at least bail so high (like $1M +, and none of that 10% BS) that it won't be picked up by the Bail Fund Project or organizations like it. Then, if found guilty, maximum sentencing, no exceptions, no plea deals, period. Keeping these animals in prison indefinitely is the only way this crap is going to start happening less.
    Give me a little stretch of the imagination if you would for the following thoughts or thought experiment/exploration of ideas.

I'm not implying you're incorrect in any fashion, in fact, quite the opposite. However, following your line of thinking why wouldn't we simply deport, what have you instead of keeping people at $40k-50k/year a pop in a cage who will, reasonably speaking, never be anything but a net detriment to society? I personally feel giving any government, no matter how small or proper, the power of life and death is sketchy at best so I'd like to leave execution off the table. (Also for the sake of keeping this subject forum safe)But, why don't we deport them instead of storing them for a time and releasing them back into society? Cruel and unusual? I believe that is a stretch. The only real hurdle I can think of is where they would go. Britain will drop you on their border and say "good luck", so this isn't unheard of in the civilized world.
    In the meat of the subject, the main question is why is it moral to cage a person permanently with no intent to ever release them over letting them make poor decisions and meet their chosen fate elsewhere?

I hesitate to post this because it's not really a pleasant subject, but I want to hear other opinions. Why not deport evil if they can't reasonably re-enter society here? If I need a new thread for this or it's too far out of forum topics feel free to remove this, but I would like to explore the subject in a reasonable way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Give me a little stretch of the imagination if you would for the following thoughts or thought experiment/exploration of ideas.

I'm not implying you're incorrect in any fashion, in fact, quite the opposite. However, following your line of thinking why wouldn't we simply deport, what have you instead of keeping people at $40k-50k/year a pop in a cage who will, reasonably speaking, never be anything but a net detriment to society? I personally feel giving any government, no matter how small or proper, the power of life and death is sketchy at best so I'd like to leave execution off the table. (Also for the sake of keeping this subject forum safe)But, why don't we deport them instead of storing them for a time and releasing them back into society? Cruel and unusual? I believe that is a stretch. The only real hurdle I can think of is where they would go. Britain will drop you on their border and say "good luck", so this isn't unheard of in the civilized world.
    In the meat of the subject, the main question is why is it moral to cage a person permanently with no intent to ever release them over letting them make poor decisions and meet their chosen fate elsewhere?

I hesitate to post this because it's not really a pleasant subject, but I want to hear other opinions. Why not deport evil if they can't reasonably re-enter society here? If I need a new thread for this or it's too far out of forum topics feel free to remove this, but I would like to explore the subject in a reasonable way.
    I'd be okay with that if our own borders weren't so porous that they would just walk right back in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd be okay with that if our own borders weren't so porous that they would just walk right back in.
    Plus the receiving countries in the past have refused to accept the perps. "Hey, he's yours now. Our laws dont allow felons to enter our borders. We dont care that he's our citizen. He's a felon first, and thats all we care about. He's your problem now. Good luck. "

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I'm sure the other places that receive our prisoners are super appreciative of your progressive idea. Do you throw your trash in your neighbor's yard?

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    I'm sure the other places that receive our prisoners are super appreciative of your progressive idea. Do you throw your trash in your neighbor's yard?

You're not wrong, but this is the point of thinking on something. Mexico isn't sending their best here either, so isn't turn about fair play?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Top Bottom