• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That guy's not a pastor. He's not leading a flock (anywhere holy, that is); he's engaged in eschatology thumb sucking and nationalism.

EDIT:
    The only "sign of the times" may be that people are now taking to YouTube, Twitter, etc. to spout off things.

Nothing he said is particularly new. As to the pastor, nothing he said is new at all - everything's been said for the past 150+ years; but mostly in tents.
    I thought we were supposed to protect whistleblowers though.
    Oh it only works one way, I get it ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That guy's not a pastor. He's not leading a flock (anywhere holy, that is); he's engaged in eschatology thumb sucking and nationalism.

You do not know him so why would you say that?

How did you come across this video?

Has you looked at his "back catalog" on YouTube?
    Have you noticed how many of the videos are political (MAGA hat, anti-Obama)?
    Have you noticed how many videos are teaching scripture? (I count zero)

I knew nothing about him till now. Almost all of his work has been anti-gay. not pro-marriage, but anti-gay, going so far as to claim that homosexuals are the real cause of Nazism and the holocaust.

As far as I can tell, he's never been the pastor of any church (thus he's unfit for the title "pastor") and his doctorate came in the mail from a Foursquare church in Riverside, CA.

I thought we were supposed to protect whistleblowers though.
    Oh it only works one way, I get it ;)
    There's whistleblowers, then there's "let me sit in my car and bloviate about what I perceive as wrong."

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am more about the $$ than the “great American” slant on this one.

1. Frustrated with job
    2. Make viral video “basically take this job and shove it”
    3. Sit back and draw in the sweet sweet go fund me money and unemployment with the $600 kicker

Not a bad gig will probably be on Fox News as a law enforcement expert.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK folk, you disagree with him doing this in uniform.

Do you disagree with his message?

Asking for a friend.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    OK folk, you disagree with him doing this in uniform.

Do you disagree with his message?

Asking for a friend.

If my department has made zero arrests and issued zero citations and doesn't even respond to complaints of violations, do I still need to virtue signal? Asking for lots of friends.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    First, thanks for changing your avatar back.

Second, I have not had my rights infringed to the extent that others in other states have. That doesn't mean I am not pissed at what has gone on.

There have been a lot of officials that have broken their oath from top to bottom. It needs to be said, no one is going to listen to me, I cannot say I am sad that it is being said.

It seems that this guy may have crossed an unspoken line.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If my department has made zero arrests and issued zero citations and doesn't even respond to complaints of violations, do I still need to virtue signal? Asking for lots of friends.

I thought virtue signalling only comes from the left, no? Asking for a friend.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It needs to be said, no one is going to listen to me

Get a celebrity to say it then. Maybe have them kneel at a football game or something.

Officers should lead by example within their own organizations where, if they are actually leaders, they already have a standing among their fellows and are viewed as someone worth listening to. Some outsider isn't going to affect personal morals or department culture. Risking the first to be the second isn't something I'd consider. Especially because I know most of the people worshiping at this guy's alter today would crucify him tomorrow if he did the same thing but with a message they disagreed with.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Get a celebrity to say it then. Maybe have them kneel at a football game or something.

Officers should lead by example within their own organizations where, if they are actually leaders, they already have a standing among their fellows and are viewed as someone worth listening to. Some outsider isn't going to affect personal morals or department culture. Risking the first to be the second isn't something I'd consider. Especially because I know most of the people worshiping at this guy's alter today would crucify him tomorrow if he did the same thing but with a message they disagreed with.

Good point.

It's easy to trust someone when they say exactly what you think. But if this guy was saying something I disagreed with, and if I was a cop, why would I listen to him? He's from the left coast (Seattle, no less), and there's nothing else there other than I agree with message... I don't know this guy from Ponch, Sheriff Andy, or officer Maxey. I have no idea if he's trustworthy.

I can't think of too many car-filmed videos that made me change my mind.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    “He is clearly a good police officer and an exceptional American. That said, as a police officer wearing one of our uniforms, his right to speech has limitations on which he has been well-trained and that he has understood since joining the policing profession,” Covey wrote. “Greg has always had the ability to express his opinions on what is going on in the country like all other Americans. However, he is not allowed to do so while on duty, wearing our uniform, wearing our badge and while driving our patrol care. Every police officer in the country understands that.”

​Tyranny!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Neat. Doesn't address my point in the slightest, but neat.

I must have missed the part of my oath that said "and use the megaphone of social media to show everyone how seriously I take this oath." Here I thought just doing the job ethically and legally was fulfilling the oath. I think they added that for Millennial recruitment, though.

If you don't social media, are you even a patriot bro?

Paychecks over rights?

source.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Paychecks over rights?...

200.gif

But hey, the people of wherever the Seattle Port Police patrol (which causes me to ask how often he was called upon to enforce social distancing, or whatever), have one less officer who would exercise his discretion to...not...oppress people, so it's all good...or something.

Top Bottom