• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I guess I always viewed it as a way to honor and remember those who have defended that flag. My dad always told me we take off our hats and stay quiet out of respect for those men and women. You’ve got tens of thousands of people together in one place, so it seems fitting to take a moment to show respect for the sacrifices that allowed us to have the freedom to attend those games.

America is not what it used to be. The PC/virtue signallers have taken over. Unfortunately, it’ll take another national tragedy like 9/11 before the pendulum swings back to patriotism. Quite a sad position.
    Exactly! Well said and that is how we were raised. It was just one of those basic things that used to be taught along with many others that have been lost. Which if you look at everything today it explains a lot.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Let's have a honest conversation about this. I too grew up doing the same thing, also prayers and pledge before HS football games. The Lord's Prayer in the locker room. I'm a proud American, and even prouder Baptist... and yet doing those things rarely reinforced my commitment to either; it was more routine than adherence... and I bet that's the same for a great many others who grew up the same way. Does there ever come a point where the constant routine waters down the original intent?
    NO ! GOD BLESS AMERICA, Land of the FREE & home of the BRAVE . Also God bless those who GAVE ALL for US to have the FREEDOM we have ! Speak for yourself Sir and NOT ME !

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Ok I get the point you guys are making about honoring the sacrifices for our freedoms.

But why is it necessary at ball games?
    Do I need to sing the anthem before I bbq, shower, drive, go to work, pay my taxes etc?
    YOU don't ever have to sing it.YOU can also kneel for it.It is or may be or was a free country.....I actually look forward to doing it... usually almost teary eyed.....with this mentality,we are XXXXed.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Let's have a honest conversation about this. I too grew up doing the same thing, also prayers and pledge before HS football games. The Lord's Prayer in the locker room. I'm a proud American, and even prouder Baptist... and yet doing those things rarely reinforced my commitment to either; it was more routine than adherence... and I bet that's the same for a great many others who grew up the same way. Does there ever come a point where the constant routine waters down the original intent?
    You really want to talk truth ? You should prob save your BS for someone else cause in my eyes your the most argumentative person on here & I really don’t give two shits about what you think.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    :faint:

I see your point. But did you see ours or did that just fly right by.

We all honor that flag. Some far more than others. Especially Phylo.
    So those who stand on it/burn it/urinate on it get a pass I guess.

We are in distress my friend.

But I digress and yesterday was a seriously rough day and my responses showed as much.
    that its just an image? I understand that its a picture of an upside down flag, its not anyone in here physically flying their flag upside down but what message does that send? People see upside down flags here the next step is, "oh i saw this on ingo as a sign of protest ill do it to my flag at home". Just recently we had a thread about it and a guy claiming he was flying his upside down. Too me it doesnt matter picture or not, if I saw someone with a picture of a flag burning I would find that disrespectful as well.

We arent in dire distress, military bases in war zones dont fly the flag upside down ahead of a possible attack, or when they are being mortared. If you can go about your day and post on ingo you arent in extreme need of assistance.

While its people's 1a right to do whatever with the flag, i still dont support standing on it, burning it (unless retiring) or urinating on it.

To get back on topic. In the super bowl thread it seemed to be common that no one here watches "grown men play childrens sports, and spouting communist propaganda". So why all the anger? I havent seen anyone freak out that the PGA doesnt play the Anthem before every tournament. I've gotten to see Jim Cornelison (blackhawks singer) sing the anthem in person and it was one of the most incredible things ive seen in sports. I love the anthem and I dont want to see it go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    that its just an image? I understand that its a picture of an upside down flag, its not anyone in here physically flying their flag upside down but what message does that send? People see upside down flags here the next step is, "oh i saw this on ingo as a sign of protest ill do it to my flag at home". Just recently we had a thread about it and a guy claiming he was flying his upside down. Too me it doesnt matter picture or not, if I saw someone with a picture of a flag burning I would find that disrespectful as well.

We arent in dire distress, military bases in war zones dont fly the flag upside down ahead of a possible attack, or when they are being mortared. If you can go about your day and post on ingo you arent in extreme need of assistance.

While its people's 1a right to do whatever with the flag, i still dont support standing on it, burning it (unless retiring) or urinating on it.

To get back on topic. In the super bowl thread it seemed to be common that no one here watches "grown men play childrens sports, and spouting communist propaganda". So why all the anger? I havent seen anyone freak out that the PGA doesnt play the Anthem before every tournament. I've gotten to see Jim Cornelison (blackhawks singer) sing the anthem in person and it was one of the most incredible things ive seen in sports. I love the anthem and I dont want to see it go.
    To continue along these lines would be a waste of yours and my time. No worries. Its not about the sports. This is where you are missing mine and several others points.

And yes, we are in dire straights right now. Look around. It does not take a lot of efforts to see it.

I am done. I wish you and yours a blessed evening.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

White House comments on Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban indefinitely suspending playing of U.S. national anthem​

White House press secretary Jen Psaki was asked on Wednesday about President Joe Biden’s reaction to Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban indefinitely suspending the playing of the U.S. national anthem before games. Psaki said the president has “great respect” for the anthem and also recognizes “moments where we as a country haven’t lived up to our highest ideals” and “respects the right of people to peacefully protest.”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

White House comments on Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban indefinitely suspending playing of U.S. national anthem​

White House press secretary Jen Psaki was asked on Wednesday about President Joe Biden’s reaction to Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban indefinitely suspending the playing of the U.S. national anthem before games. Psaki said the president has “great respect” for the anthem and also recognizes “moments where we as a country haven’t lived up to our highest ideals” and “respects the right of people to peacefully protest.”
    That’s a good response. Mainly, because it’s the right response

Top Bottom