The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Morning(?) all!
    Got a head ache last night and ended up going to bed at 6 or so to try and get rid of it. Sleep schedule is moved back some but wont be hard to adjust thankfully. Might re-sleep a little before work at noon.

Had a fun range day yesterday with the WTB and the Wizard as usual. My range day Mondays and my Dad's birthday happened to line up too so I took my dad out to shoot yesterday and paid for his lunch afterwards. He did well for someone with little experience. He shot the rail on his first shot (and only his first shot) but that's why I gave him my 22 first. I realized I also did a poor job of explaining how to find a red dot inside of the RDS window. This is where my new RDS(Holosun ACSS vulcan) on my CZ-P10c came in handy as it has a guiding ring to show you how you're not holding the pistol right. It was much easier to explain the iron sights to him with a drawing and he struggled less with that. It helped remind me of the different levels of experience and how something that seems so intuitive to us is most certainly not for the newbie shooter. The little nuances like breathing, holding the gun still AND straight, trigger control all make such a huge difference and trying to make sure you tick everything off as a new shooter is more stressful than I can imagine as I've always had a knack for some of the basics.
    Happy week all!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Mildly productive day.

Reshaped the thumb safety on the DW A2.

Before
    View attachment 352625

After
    View attachment 352626

Doing a "bobnose" on the Tisas .45, purely for looks. Angle is same as the cocking serrations (17 degrees). I rustblued the barrel bushing and plug, they are now soaking in oil. I still need to mill some ports in the slide and then it will get bead blasted after that. This is the last set of upgrades this gun gets.

View attachment 352627
    View attachment 352628
    Ok you made me a believer. I like the bob nose. That looks very nice.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Digging guns out of the safe today. Making sure they have lube, loading mags, getting stuff loaded up and ready for tomorrow. Weather doesn't look great, but I'm praying hard that we'll get some breaks in the rain.
    The Czickos have laughed in the face of rain, snow and sun before. Nothing will stop you people. :cool:

Top Bottom