• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Of you know the history of why we play the national anthem before games, perhaps it wouldn't matter to you as much.

Personally ive always thought it was dumb. Yes we are in america. Yes america is great. Yay us. But playing the anthem before every game of every sport just seems "up our own asses about it"

If we are doing international games. Usa vs whoever. Then let's do both to show who's represented.

Let's just show up, kick the ball,throw the ball, skate in circles,skate on ice what ever and GTFO

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I guess I always viewed it as a way to honor and remember those who have defended that flag. My dad always told me we take off our hats and stay quiet out of respect for those men and women. You’ve got tens of thousands of people together in one place, so it seems fitting to take a moment to show respect for the sacrifices that allowed us to have the freedom to attend those games.

America is not what it used to be. The PC/virtue signallers have taken over. Unfortunately, it’ll take another national tragedy like 9/11 before the pendulum swings back to patriotism. Quite a sad position.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Stopped watching/caring about professional sports during the 1994-95 baseball strike.

I was twelve.

Even at that young age, I could see what a bunch of overpaid crybabies they all are.

I don’t care what goes on inside those giant tax payer subsidized stadiums. I’d rather watch a T-ball game...those kids play their hearts out!

R3COIL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    NWI
    Of you know the history of why we play the national anthem before games, perhaps it wouldn't matter to you as much.

Personally ive always thought it was dumb. Yes we are in america. Yes america is great. Yay us. But playing the anthem before every game of every sport just seems "up our own asses about it"

If we are doing international games. Usa vs whoever. Then let's do both to show who's represented.

Let's just show up, kick the ball,throw the ball, skate in circles,skate on ice what ever and GTFO
    It is a proud tradition which is around 100 years old. Regardless of why it started or if the original application seems arbitrary, it is a tradition of pride and respect for our country and those who served and sacrificed for it.
    If we stop playing the anthem because it has become political or provocative to do so then perhaps we have already lost the current cultural war which seems fixed on devaluing all tradition through the lens of social/moral relativism.
    How about we not show up and let the haters kick rocks. Cuban and all his libcom friends that pander to this nonsense can gtfo.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    How about we not show up and let the haters kick rocks. Cuban and all his libcom friends that pander to this nonsense can gtfo.
    This, a thousand times over this. I would love the opportunity to meet the man; and hand him a department of State form DS-4080, renunciation of citizenship. I would gladly offer him directions to the nearest US consulate or embassy where he could renounce his citizenship and fix his problem.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And this mindset is why we are sliding towards the brink peoples.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess I always viewed it as a way to honor and remember those who have defended that flag. My dad always told me we take off our hats and stay quiet out of respect for those men and women. You’ve got tens of thousands of people together in one place, so it seems fitting to take a moment to show respect for the sacrifices that allowed us to have the freedom to attend those games.

America is not what it used to be. The PC/virtue signallers have taken over. Unfortunately, it’ll take another national tragedy like 9/11 before the pendulum swings back to patriotism. Quite a sad position.
    Exactly.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have never been a NBA fan. Stopped watching after the ABA was swallowed up. But I used to go over to Wrigley, sing the National Anthem, yell "kill the ump", sing Take me out the Ball Game, at the 7th inning stretch with Harry. It was all part of the tradition and majesty of baseball.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County

1612977023929.png

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Who cares? We should also stop saying the pledge in school too.

Why on earth would you say something like this..??!!

We need to teach the children what we have and where we have been and at what cost it took to do the things we do.
    Yes, even you typing something as asinine as this. Those freedoms were bought and paid for by men and women much braver than you and I.
    Those freedoms allow folks like you and I to do what we like to do when we like to do it. Take away the Pledge, and you are stealing from the memories that gave this great nation its freedom.

I'm getting off of this rant - because I'm just gonna say some things that I'll regret.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Ok I get the point you guys are making about honoring the sacrifices for our freedoms.

But why is it necessary at ball games?
    Do I need to sing the anthem before I bbq, shower, drive, go to work, pay my taxes etc?

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Ok I get the point you guys are making about honoring the sacrifices for our freedoms.

But why is it necessary at ball games?
    Do I need to sing the anthem before I bbq, shower, drive, go to work, pay my taxes etc?
    It’s a sad state of affairs that you would have to ask such a question. Maybe you need to walk thru the many National Cemeteries and read the names on the headstones. Those are the Americans that have allowed you to BBQ, shower, and go to work at a job of your choosing. It’s honoring them if you haven’t figured it out.

Top Bottom