Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah....well, in a way.

But if you look at hospitalizations and deaths from Covid, Ireland is doing quite well compared with other European countries. I couldn't find any reported deaths from Covid in Ireland since June 2021 where there were 10 deaths after none in May.

Does anyone believe the vaccination prevents the possiblity of infection at this point? If so, where
    have you been?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Or maybe just what a leaky vaccine does…
    This seems like the most likely explanation. It seems to sometimes work, and sometimes not. It appears it may help people with severity, but it’s certainly not worth demonizing people over not getting it. Nobody is endangering others by not getting the vaccine.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    It’s about controlling lives not saving lives.

People here who don’t trust the government when it comes to firearms laws seem awfully willing to jump on the vaxx mandate train trust the government with all this Covid crap. (Edited: Fine I might be reading to much in some people trying so hard to discount the issues with the vaccines.)

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

People here who don’t trust the government when it comes to firearms laws seem awfully willing to jump on the vaxx mandate train.

I haven’t seen anyone here jumping on the mandate train. As far as the Pfizer pill, now we trust them?

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg

Long but good read....​

The Worst Is Yet To Come From Biden’s Vaccine Coercion

The vaccines do not preclude infection or transmission. As a result, we are forcing people to choose between their livelihoods and a freedom-robbing vaccination mandate with no rationale.

Ron Johnson

By Ron Johnson
    OCTOBER 14, 2021

Like President Biden, who said in December 2020, “I don’t think it should be mandatory, I wouldn’t demand it be mandatory,” I was opposed to COVID-19 vaccine mandates from the start. Unlike President Biden, I haven’t flip-flopped.
    In fact, my opposition to mandates is growing stronger with each new anecdote and piece of information that shows not only how futile they are but how devastating these self-inflicted harms will be. President Biden, his administration, corporate media, and social media are denying three realities:

1. The effectiveness of natural immunity and how medically unnecessary it is for the previously infected to get vaccinated.
    2. The fact that fully vaccinated individuals are getting infected and transmitting COVID-19. Unfortunately, some are also becoming seriously ill, being hospitalized, and dying. This is not, as President Biden repeatedly insists, a pandemic solely of the unvaccinated.
    3. Vaccine injuries, including death, are occurring at far higher numbers than health authorities want to admit.
    “Established in 1990, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is a national early warning system to detect possible safety problems in U.S.-licensed vaccines,” says its government website. As of October 1, 2021, VAERS has reported 16,310 deaths after COVID shots so far — with 5,326 (33 percent) occurring on Day 0, 1, or 2 after vaccination — and 778,685 total adverse events.

The two main criticisms of discussing this data from VAERS are that it does not prove the COVID injections caused these injuries (although these numbers should still alarm) and that VAERS significantly underreports vaccine injuries (which should increase alarm).
    Those of us who attempt to inform the public of these three realities are not only the targets of vilification, we are also magnets for people who desperately want their stories to be told so others can avoid harm. Over the last few weeks, the stories have become more numerous and more alarming.
    Three areas of particular urgency involve health care, the military, and aviation. Some of the stories have already been reported publicly, some have not. Here are but a few examples.
    As we have seen in New York state, many doctors and nurses who refuse to be vaccinated now must leave health care, either voluntarily or involuntarily, due to vaccine coercion. Their decades of medical skill and knowledge will be lost to the mandates.

I have been inundated with testimonials from doctors, nurses, and other health-care workers asking for relief from the mandates and indicating they will not succumb to the pressure. New York’s experience will be replicated throughout America, and the negative impact on health care will be profound.
    I have been in contact with Lt. Col. Theresa Long, an Army flight surgeon. Her affidavit, which was part of an amended filing in a lawsuit against the military regarding vaccine mandates and injuries in the military, was made public in late September and describes only a small portion of the alarming story she has to tell.
    As a result of her efforts to alert her superiors, she is now a pariah to her senior command, and her medical license is being attacked merely for speaking out. The day before her superiors canceled all her appointments with patients, two out of five aviators she saw had developed pericarditis shortly after vaccination, only reporting their symptoms because they read an affidavit online. She has much more to tell but is under a gag order imposed by the military.
    The recent flight delays involving Southwest Airlines are another harbinger of mandate harm. Although Southwest’s CEO and pilot union officially deny that delays are being caused by a worker slowdown in reaction to vaccine mandates, individuals are confirming what most of us view as obvious.

Last week, I received a letter from a Wisconsin constituent who is a pilot for a U.S.-based airline. His testimonial raises serious concerns regarding airline safety and demonstrates why we can add a growing pilot shortage to the self-inflicted harms of the vaccine mandate.
    The most alarming anecdote in this letter involved a recently vaccinated pilot who “sustained, over a two-day period, partial blindness in one eye and then severe migraine headaches.” His doctor told him he had suffered “micro strokes.” The pilot did not report his medical condition to his Federal Aviation Administration medical examiner because he feared “he would lose his pilot certifications, and hence his livelihood.”
    Long submitted her affidavit because her primary responsibility involves keeping military pilots healthy and flight-ready. Part of that responsibility involves grounding pilots when she judges them unready. She is highly concerned that for little to no benefit — these young healthy pilots have a very low probability of severe COVID-19 — we are putting their health and our military readiness at risk.
    Unfortunately, we now know the vaccines do not preclude infection or transmission. As a result, we are forcing people to choose between their livelihoods and a freedom-robbing vaccination mandate with no rationale. We are only beginning to see the dire consequences of these ill-advised mandates.
    U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson is a Republican from Wisconsin.
    Photo MarylandGovPics / Flickr
    Biden administration coronavirus COVID vaccines Covid-19 health care health policy medical freedom shortages side effects Theresa Long vaccine coercion vaccine mandates VAERS worker shortages

Copyright © 2021 The Federalist, a wholly independent division of FDRLST Media, All Rights Reserved.
    Very good!

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    Obiden made the comment yesterday I believe that “56 million Americans have not been vaccinated “ and a bunch of propaganda afterwards.

fun fact… 44 million confirmed cases of c19. That leaves 12 million out of 340 million. That’s a possible 3% not exposed via vax or recovery. Why are we pushing so hard again?
    I have noticed that the numbers ALL reflect that the holdouts are always in the minority. Media wants to always make us think we are the minority, no matter the issue. So far I have never seen a majority of holdouts in any business, military branch or group of people, except Amish, and they are never mentioned.
    T

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    or the simple fact that as designed, the vaccine is supposed to intiate an immune response in your body, the same as if infected (supposedly). The entire premise is to do the same thing your body does in response to infection. If you have been infected and recovered, the vaccine does nothing your body has not already done on its own.
    I found one exception, it doesn't take credit for curing the flu, but it made it extinct

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

People here who don’t trust the government when it comes to firearms laws seem awfully willing to jump on the vaxx mandate train.

To be fair, in the interest of a 2A community not being any more divided than it already is, who here do you think is pro mandate?
    Maybe JH. Maybe Kirk?
    They might voice their opinion but aren’t convincing anyone to change their mind. They can also stand up for what they believe without shame, so good for them.
    Who else?
    Anyone want to throw their name in the hat?
    I think most people not thinking like you and I think see themselves as trying to talk us away from a ledge concerning too many conspiratorial ideas, as they see it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I haven’t seen anyone here jumping on the mandate train. As far as the Pfizer pill, now we trust them?

Not I, but one would think that the government would be interested in quickly moving forward with approval for whatever the next phase of those medicines has to go through. Not pushing things past thanksgiving.

One of the same problems the 5th circuit found with the OSHA mandate. If it’s an emergency then why did it take so long to write the rule.

They certainly bent over backwards to get the vaccines out there, why not this?

Are they to busy to meet any earlier?

With what? According to the government there is nothing more important than getting the virus under control. Of course, effective therapeutics would impact their drive to get 100% compliance to the vaccine, so there’s that.

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I think most people not thinking like you and I think see themselves as trying to talk us away from a ledge concerning too many conspiratorial ideas, as they see it.

Revised my earlier post. Though I do feel like the people 100% IN for the vaxx aren’t that far away from forcing that decision on others. Their dismissiveness towards others and the information (not conspiracies) being provided here leads me to feel that way.

After being lied to and lied to, concerns being dismissed, warnings ignored for decades by the government, businesses and the corporate media, I’m just beyond cynical anymore.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Revised my earlier post. Though I do feel like the people 100% IN for the vaxx aren’t that far away from forcing that decision on others. Their dismissiveness towards others and the information (not conspiracies) being provided here leads me to feel that way.

After being lied to and lied to, concerns being dismissed, warnings ignored for decades by the government, businesses and the corporate media, I’m just beyond cynical anymore.
    Agree with this post, and 100% spot on with the edited one too!
    It is easy to read that in to what some are saying for sure. But most I’ve seen “say” they’re against a mandate.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is easy to read that in to what some are saying for sure. But most I’ve seen “say” they’re against a mandate.
    We take them at their word, but sometimes it is hard to believe that because the words they type seem to covey a different take.

Kinda like the easy girl in school always saying “I’m really a good girl”…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This is what I don’t understand. Why? What is the real motivation?
    I can understand big business, but so many “small” businesses would be ran by more conservative leaning people.

The woke is often strongest in HR for some reason.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Does the OSHA mandate disappearing suggest that companies who force employees to get the shot or go are now more exposed to civil lawsuits (for firing employees, adverse reactions, lack of religious accommodations, etc.) since they can no longer point to the government as the driving force?

Chasing out experienced employees over this should cause management to cashier their HR departments, it's a high price to pay in this labor short economy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I get the feeling that saying 'I'm not for the mandate' is a lot like relentlessly being critical of Trump for any and all reasons, all the time, but then saying 'but they voted for him'

Methinks they doth protest too much

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom