Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Nooooo! Not... the TIE!
    UhAsjwV.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This thread got really awesome, and it’ll be a real shame if it gets cleaned up.

Also, just a point of clarification: there is no government mandate right now. The seed was planted and corporate America ran with it. As such, it’s not a “freedom” issue. It’s no different than people saying if McDonald’s employees don’t like their pay rate then they should gain new skills and find a new job. If you don’t like your employer’s rules, it’s up to you to find a new employer. Or start your own business.

I don’t like forced anything either, but I’m not going to suspend reality. If my employer changes the details of our employment arrangement, I’ll have to make a decision.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Also, just a point of clarification: there is no government mandate right now. The seed was planted and corporate America ran with it. As such, it’s not a “freedom” issue. It’s no different than people saying if McDonald’s employees don’t like their pay rate then they should gain new skills and find a new job. If you don’t like your employer’s rules, it’s up to you to find a new employer. Or start your own business.
    My employer doesn't have a choice; we are a defense contractor.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Phylo is one person. It would be more like if IMPD all quit simultaneously.
    I’m not sure if you’re PS was directed at me. If so, I’m really not sure what that means.

Alpo, if you were directing your post at me, I have no idea what that is even implying.

I’m willing to respond to either, but I’m going to need more.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’m not sure if you’re PS was directed at me. If so, I’m really not sure what that means.

Alpo, if you were directing your post at me, I have no idea what that is even implying.

I’m willing to respond to either, but I’m going to need more.
    Yes, mine was directed to you. I apologize for not making that clear, but I'm willing to hear your response.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes, mine was directed to you. I apologize for not making that clear, but I'm willing to hear your response.
    For further clarification, you seemed to be equating phylo's action to that of shuttering an entire business. If that's not the case then maybe I misunderstood. My point is that the choice of one individual is not the same as the choice of an entire company or agency.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This thread got really awesome, and it’ll be a real shame if it gets cleaned up.

I don’t like forced anything either, but I’m not going to suspend reality. If my employer changes the details of our employment arrangement, I’ll have to make a decision.

Bull :poop:. When so many companies are doing this, it takes choice out of the equation. It's like saying McDonald's employees don't like being sexually harassed, but all other companies are doing it so if you don't like it you can be unemployed. Employers should have no right to dictate something like this. None. Especially for an overblown "pandemic" with a dubious vaccine pushed on people who should never have it pushed on them.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Thanks. I had no intention of guilting you, and I’m not sure what your advice to Tombs was to know how to respond to it.

The bottom line is that we all have a choice. If my employer says I have to get the vaccine, I’ll probably do it because that’s what makes the most sense for my situation. I’m not going to feel sorry for myself like I didn’t have a choice, though. You are making a decision, and so did Phylo. Both seem to make sense from where I’m sitting.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks. I had no intention of guilting you, and I’m not sure what your advice to Tombs was to know how to respond to it.

The bottom line is that we all have a choice. If my employer says I have to get the vaccine, I’ll probably do it because that’s what makes the most sense for my situation. I’m not going to feel sorry for myself like I didn’t have a choice, though. You are making a decision, and so did Phylo. Both seem to make sense from where I’m sitting.
    Okay, thank you for the clarification. We're on the same page. I got the vax back in July before any mandate was in place, and only after much deliberation on my part after our grandaughter's dad and other grandparents all got Covid and she had to quarantine with us for 2 weeks.

I posted that we just got an email on Friday saying that we would need to provide proof of our vaccination status, fill out a form and submit it to our supervisors. I said I would need to scan my vax card and upload it along with the form.

Tombs then said that I was basically selling out the entire country and "throwing in with the elites" because, at age 62, and supporting my girlfriend and her now late daughter's two 4 year old sons, I had the audacity to want to keep a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. My advice to him was to "step off".

Edit: My employer is the DoD.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Okay, thank you for the clarification. We're on the same page. I got the vax back in July before any mandate was in place, and only after much deliberation on my part after our grandaughter's dad and other grandparents all got Covid and she had to quarantine with us for 2 weeks.

I posted that we just got an email on Friday saying that we would need to provide proof of our vaccination status, fill out a form and submit it to our supervisors. I said I would need to scan my vax card and upload it along with the form.

Tombs then said that I was basically selling out the entire country and "throwing in with the elites" because, at age 62, and supporting my girlfriend and her now late daughter's two 4 year old sons, I had the audacity to want to keep a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. My advice to him was to "step off".
    I like you and we seem to be on the same page about most things, so I was confused where things got crossed. I wasn’t questioning your choice at all.

Admittedly I’m simplifying things quite a bit, but the bottom like (in my mind) is that we all have a choice in this. My employer gets to control things in my life probably more than most. I’ve accepted that because the benefits outweigh that. If they tell me I have to get vaccinated, I’ll not view myself as a helpless victim. I’m never being “forced” to do anything so long as the option exists to work somewhere else. Without the government enforcing an actual mandate, that’s the situation as I see it.

Edit: To address your follow-up post I just saw, my question to JK was a legitimate question about whether they have other business beyond the government. I would argue it’s still a choice made by the company to deal with an organization that adds stipulations to the contract they may or may not agree with. Your point about impacting other employees caught in the crossfire is valid, though. In that case, they still have an option, but one that leads to excessive collateral damage.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like you and we seem to be on the same page about most things, so I was confused where things got crossed. I wasn’t questioning your choice at all.

Admittedly I’m simplifying things quite a bit, but the bottom like (in my mind) is that we all have a choice in this. My employer gets to control things in my life probably more than most. I’ve accepted that because the benefits outweigh that. If they tell me I have to get vaccinated, I’ll not view myself as a helpless victim. I’m never being “forced” to do anything so long as the option exists to work somewhere else. Without the government enforcing an actual mandate, that’s the situation as I see it.

Edit: To address your follow-up post I just saw, my question to JK was a legitimate question about whether they have other business beyond the government. I would argue it’s still a choice made by the company to deal with an organization that adds stipulations to the contract they may or may not agree with. Your point about impacting other employees caught in the crossfire is valid, though. In that case, they still have an option, but one that leads to excessive collateral damage.
    Thanks, and I think everyone's nerves are a little raw over this whole thing. I think TPTB want to sow this division between people that would otherwise be allies. Just like they sow division with race, sexual preference, etc., etc., etc.. That's part of their psy-ops IMHO.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    For how long? This :poop: needs to come to a halt. If it's allowed to continue to the point they start refusing services to people you can bet that'll be the beginning of the end. I hope it doesn't get to that point but I have no confidence that it won't.
    Businesses are already doing this in some cases. LiveNation won’t let you into a concert without a vaccine card or negative test. Maybe it’ll be self-correcting if the market doesn’t support the rule. I know I won’t go to a concert under those guidelines, the question is how many others feel the same? If the majority support it, then I don’t really have an answer for how to proceed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom