Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Businesses are already doing this in some cases. LiveNation won’t let you into a concert without a vaccine card or negative test. Maybe it’ll be self-correcting if the market doesn’t support the rule. I know I won’t go to a concert under those guidelines, the question is how many others feel the same? If the majority support it, then I don’t really have an answer for how to proceed.
    I'm more concerned with grocery stores and other more essential services.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For how long? This :poop: needs to come to a halt. If it's allowed to continue to the point they start refusing services to people you can bet that'll be the beginning of the end. I hope it doesn't get to that point but I have no confidence that it won't.
    1DOWN4UP posted this in the Beer Virus thread and I think this is the way to go to stop it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    These are difficult decisions. But I'll submit selling the birthright for a bowl of soup is shortsighted. It may fill your belly now, but you've risked losing everything in the long run. Do we really think retirement checks will keep coming, insurance will pay medical bills, public safety will protect your life and property, products will be made and sold, etc, etc if it all falls apart because we don't insist on doing everything we can to right the ship now. Just something else to consider.
    You have only to look at any ComBloc country in history to answer that question - Cuba, Venezuela, any Iron Curtain country before the fall of the wall

The ones devoid of compassion or morality are trying to get theirs now so they won't wind up a pensioner in some deteriorating apartment block, and they'll cheerfully sell us down the river to accomplish it

I just never thought that many people would conclude it was time to sell out because communism was inevitable. They're wrong, but I think lining their pockets won't hurt them without a full fledged return to the UnAmerican Activities Committee days. Somehow the bloodsuckers always seem to get a pass

See: Great Recession

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You have only to look at any ComBloc country in history to answer that question - Cuba, Venezuela, any Iron Curtain country before the fall of the wall

The ones devoid of compassion or morality are trying to get theirs now so they won't wind up a pensioner in some deteriorating apartment block, and they'll cheerfully sell us down the river to accomplish it

I just never thought that many people would conclude it was time to sell out because communism was inevitable. They're wrong, but I think lining their pockets won't hurt them without a full fledged return to the UnAmerican Activities Committee days. Somehow the bloodsuckers always seem to get a pass

See: Great Recession
    You're retired aren't you Bug?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If that's their only business? That's like saying, "So can't they just go out of business?" Not so simple.
    I believe that's what he is asking, DD

Like in the case of Southwest Airlines, they wish to hide behind the 'fact' that they are a defense contractor but in reality it is a small part of their business (likely well under 10%)

and I bet they could pick up significant portion of the lost revenue from those who would wish to book on them preferentially if they led the charge on mandate resistance

It might be that .gov employees would not be able to book departmentally paid travel on Southwest and they might not be able to take charters to convey troops around the country (which would likely hurt the DoD more than it would them as there are only four majors in the US)

In reality, their board doesn't see the issue (because no one is making corporate or outside directors get vaxxed) and just don't want to give up the revenue. As usual, those making the decisions have too little skin in the game

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're retired aren't you Bug?
    Yessir

That second paragraph is not speaking to those like you who are in the squeeze, it is calling out the people willingly working to push us toward communism because doing so gives them access to moneymaking schemes not available to non-fellow travelers

They seem to think that if they stash away enough cash they'll have that dacha on the
    Black Sea and permission to shop at the well-stocked stores but in reality as you rise up in the pyramid the dance floor gets drastically smaller. A couple million likely just won't cut it in the New World Order

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm more concerned with grocery stores and other more essential services.
    This goes back to my statement about the mandates. If left to free market, I think that won’t be an issue. We saw what happened to occupancy limits and mask mandates once the government got out of it. They went away. Companies know it isn’t worth angering customers and putting their employees through the abuse. As long as there are no government mandates, I think it works itself out. If the government gets involved, who knows. We aren’t there yet for vaccine mandates for employers, or for shoppers. Right now employers are making that choice and hopefully we are in the midst of course correction if enough lawsuits are filed and jobs aren’t filled.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, it seems like you no longer have any skin in the game so to speak. It's easy to tell people "The ones devoid of compassion or morality are trying to get theirs now so they won't wind up a pensioner in some deteriorating apartment block, and they'll cheerfully sell us down the river to accomplish it" when you've already "got yours".

Again, maybe I'm still a little gun shy, but I'm not trying to "get mine" at the expense of others. I'm not selling anyone down the river by wanting to keep providing for my family. I'm being a responsible adult. If I've misunderstood (quite possible) your intent, then I apologize.

If I was 25 or 30 and single, quitting my job and starting over would be no big deal. But I'm responsible for the lives of 3 other people and I would indeed be "selling them down the river" if I put us all on the street by becoming some kind of martyr.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Me too. Expecting them to double down.
    And as always...
    Anybody know why?

The "why" in all of this makes no sense to me. Contagious illness is as old as mankind and yet the quasi religious crusade involved with this one eclipses the Black Death. The amount of money and political capital being spent on this is huge compared to the gains. The intolerant closing off of different opinions by big media platforms? Leadership using legal gag orders to suppress the contrary comments of others in leadership positions? The POTUS going on national television and denouncing the unvaccinated as apostates like Cathars by the Catholic church.

What's next, a modern version of the Albigensian Crusade?

You would think that this flu virus was going to invert the entire social order of the world by the response to it from our current leadership. What are they afraid of?

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Well, it seems like you no longer have any skin in the game so to speak. It's easy to tell people "The ones devoid of compassion or morality are trying to get theirs now so they won't wind up a pensioner in some deteriorating apartment block, and they'll cheerfully sell us down the river to accomplish it" when you've already "got yours".

Again, maybe I'm still a little gun shy, but I'm not trying to "get mine" at the expense of others. I'm not selling anyone down the river by wanting to keep providing for my family. I'm being a responsible adult. If I've misunderstood (quite possible) your intent, then I apologize.

If I was 25 or 30 and single, quitting my job and starting over would be no big deal. But I'm responsible for the lives of 3 other people and I would indeed be "selling them down the river" if I put us all on the street by becoming some kind of martyr.

"As we go through life we collect responsibilities and obligations to others, the true measure of a man is in how he discharges those before he shuffles off his mortal coil."

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The "why" in all of this makes no sense to me. Contagious illness is as old as mankind and yet the quasi religious crusade involved with this one eclipses the Black Death. The amount of money and political capital being spent on this is huge compared to the gains. The intolerant closing off of different opinions by big media platforms? Leadership using legal gag orders to suppress the contrary comments of others in leadership positions? The POTUS going on national television and denouncing the unvaccinated as apostates like Cathars by the catholic church.

You would think that this flu virus was going to invert the entire social order of the world by the response to it from our current leadership. What are they afraid of?
    Archbishop Vigano has laid it all out rather succinctly. He is in the position to know. Well, but he also is saying what I think mostly so yeah, of course I think he's got the straight skinny on this gig.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I edited my original reply when I figured I knew where you might be going. As far as having mine, higher taxation (including on unrealized gains) and creeping communism can certainly take it all away from me

I was thinking more of the McConnells and the McCarthys, the never Trumps who will support Democrats rather than Trump - the Republicans who have to see where this is going but figure they'll just make a comfy little nest and ride it out. The people who actually have the power to significantly change our course today, and will not because they might be inconvenienced later on, are the ones who have seemingly decided communism is inevitable and they will lay us down for the booted heel in order to escape it themselves

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The "why" in all of this makes no sense to me. Contagious illness is as old as mankind and yet the quasi religious crusade involved with this one eclipses the Black Death. The amount of money and political capital being spent on this is huge compared to the gains. The intolerant closing off of different opinions by big media platforms? Leadership using legal gag orders to suppress the contrary comments of others in leadership positions? The POTUS going on national television and denouncing the unvaccinated as apostates like Cathars by the Catholic church.

They're afraid they too clearly and too soon showed the steel fist in the velvet glove

Without Trump, the scheduled Hitlary administration would have ground us down even more while squandering our blood and treasure. I think they see a very real possibility that it is all slipping away

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I edited my original reply when I figured I knew where you might be going. As far as having mine, higher taxation (including on unrealized gains) and creeping communism can certainly take it all away from me

I was thinking more of the McConnells and the McCarthys, the never Trumps who will support Democrats rather than Trump - the Republicans who have to see where this is going but figure they'll just make a comfy little nest and ride it out. The people who actually have the power to significantly change our course today, and will not because they might be inconvenienced later on, are the ones who have seemingly decided communism is inevitable and they will lay us down for the booted heel in order to escape it themselves
    Fair enough. As I said, I'm still a little gun shy. I don't appreciate when people accuse me of being somehow less of a patriot simply because I want to be able to provide for my family. I absolutely abhor any type of mandates. I think they're wrong, in no uncertain terms.

But when someone tries to paint me as some kind of Judas because I want to be able to provide for my family, they can FATWO.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Fair enough. As I said, I'm still a little gun shy. I don't appreciate when people accuse me of being somehow less of a patriot simply because I want to be able to provide for my family. I absolutely abhor any type of mandates. I think they're wrong, in no uncertain terms.

But when someone tries to paint me as some kind of Judas because I want to be able to provide for my family, they can FATWO.
    The only thing I'm asking those of your thinking to consider, is that while you might preserve your economic security in the short term, do you think those who are willing to wreck the country by stripping away your freedoms now will somehow leave your retirement untouched when they go full totalitarian great reset or whatever they have planned for us? The security you think you're preserving now may just turn out to be the trade they need you to make so they can take it all away later.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only thing I'm asking those of your thinking to consider, is that while you might preserve your economic security in the short term, do you think those who are willing to wreck the country by stripping away your freedoms now will somehow leave your retirement untouched when they go full totalitarian great reset or whatever they have planned for us? The security you think you're preserving now may just turn out to be the trade they need you to make so they can take it all away later.
    I get it. I really do. And dude, if you saw my supply of ammo, you would understand where my loyalties lie. But I've got to have a home right? Being homeless with all the stuff I'd have to haul would suck pretty much. You want to go out and do battle while hauling along your wife and grand kids along with you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom