• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I listened to a lecture once, the gist of which was that many of the exceptions to our rules of evidence get created because of child molesters. A series of examples was presented to show cases were an accused molester presented a valid defence that would exclude evidence in their case only to have the court find an exception to the rule. Each time one of these cases got upheld on appeal another loophole was formed allowing otherwise inadmissable evidence to be used in future prosecutions, not only prosecutions of child molesters though, against anyone.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I listened to a lecture once, the gist of which was that many of the exceptions to our rules of evidence get created because of child molesters. A series of examples was presented to show cases were an accused molester presented a valid defence that would exclude evidence in their case only to have the court find an exception to the rule. Each time one of these cases got upheld on appeal another loophole was formed allowing otherwise inadmissable evidence to be used in future prosecutions, not only prosecutions of child molesters though, against anyone.

Great post. Lots of legal "exceptions" are what has caused a lot of our rights to be eroded. RICO being another one. It was supposed to be used against organized crime, ends up being used against all kinds of weird things.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Usually some truth in old sayings. Bad cases make bad law.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    You can't write a "HOW-TO" for committing crimes and expect to get away with it!!

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Explain your reasoning. Last I checked, I'm free to write about whatever I please without being arrested. The 1st Amendment is there for a reason, and here's a hint: it's not toilet paper.

I am a firm supporter of free speech, but not when children's lives are at steak. An orderly society should not allow people to to exploit children!! As a father i think there needs to be limits to protect children.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am a firm supporter of free speech, but not when children's lives are at steak......

Mmmmmmmmm juicy juicy steak.

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

steve479

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    fort wayne
    Unfortunately if you start drawing a line in the sand onwhat is free speech and what isn't, then people that get offended are going to keep moving the line.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    i hope this guy is being brutalized by his fellow inmates as we speak. anyone who advocates the hurting of children should be given a one way trip to hell. my :twocents:

I wouldn't mind about an hour in a interrogation room with no windows with the guy. :stretcher:

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    People are free to express themselves even if other people dont like what is being expressed.

Or, at least, it should be that way.

Top Bottom