• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i would venture to guess that if your writing a book about how to rape kids and not get caught, you have probably practiced it a few times.

I agree. You also have to think that anyone that would buy the book (and put money in this POS' pocket) is either thinking about it or has already done it.

Well having known a few pedos in my day, you dont write a book about being a pedophile unless you are in fact a pedophile. I'm glad he was arrested, violation of rights or not he should be castrated IMMEDIATELY. I feel sometimes there should be an exception to the rule even if it does violate your rights. This is definatly one of them. In addition, I think they should arrest anyone who makes an attempt to purchase the book. Because again, you wouldnt even be interested unless you were a pedo. Why would you need a book like that unless a.) you want to be one or b.) you're brushing up on your practice. Spare the children and put these cowards away before they get the chance to act on these urges. Strictly personal (I guess) . My 2 cents :)

All three above you are letting your emotions get in the way of logic. How to criminal profilers "get into the mind" of a criminal? They read up on them (ie. medical reports (phycological eval), observer them, talk to them, interview them, etc.. Would this type of book not be useful to them?

Do you need to do an act before you can write about it?
    Think about it before you just answer YES.

Criminal's who know what they are doing is morally wrong and creates, facilitates, and give others the means to do unjust harm on others by using the constitution as a shield.

When do criminals or people who use this shield to do harm to others cross from being citizens protected by the constituion and become not and are left to be face the consequences of their actions? Accountablility of one's actions or words, where's the line and what happens when they cross it?
    The author of this book has NOT been found guilty in any court of law in the USA of anything yet. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY still applies to him at this point.

I believe in freedom of speech, and we as Americans should be allowed to express our selves as we see fit. But when a person uses this freedom to spread a message of hate and promote indescribable hurt and pain on those who can't fight or defend themselves... I can't even find the words to describe how I feel, it just makes me sick to my stomach.

& that is the tough pill we swallow when we stand for what we stand for in the bill of rights. You may or may not like what the other person is saying or doing (ie. bruning a US flag in protest, putting the US flag upside down) but so long as that person is not doing anything illegal then s/he has ever right to continue and you have an equal right to ignore them or shout/scream/do something else do counter it (legal wise).

What we have hear is big brother comining in and saying we don't like this.
    They don't like this today OK. Wonder what they won't like tomorrow?
    Will it be your dodge pickup that pollutes too much?
    Will be be your sports car that goes too fast?
    Will it be your gun?
    Will it be your toothbrush that shows the color blue?

Give them a hand they will take a foot!

That guy loves guns
    He writes about guns
    And we all know guns are evil
    Any outlet that sells his books about guns are as bad as he is

ARREST THAT MAN BECAUSE HIS WRITINGS OFFEND THE MASSES!

get the point?

QFT!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I said you had either had done it or thought about it. Can you write a book about a topic without thinking about it? Think before you answer NO.

I could no sooner write about classical music or molesting children without having given some thought about it.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    the court has to grant him the benefit of "innocent until proven guilty", I don't. and your right, i do let emotion get in the way of logic when it comes to this piece of :poop:, thats why i never commented as to his rights, because that has absolutely no bearing as far as I'm concerned. i would like to see all scum like this wiped from the face of the earth and i don't care who does it, me, you, the government, doesn't matter to me

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    there are very few things in this world that I actually "HATE" but pedophiles and people that hurt kids are definitely at the top of my list!

As a gun owner, we have to be extra responsible because we have the license granting us the right to carry and conceal a very deadly tool......and it takes a lot of self control to not use that tool for vindication and vigilante justice!

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    there are very few things in this world that I actually "HATE" but pedophiles and people that hurt kids are definitely at the top of my list!

As a gun owner, we have to be extra responsible because we have the license granting us the right to carry and conceal a very deadly tool......and it takes a lot of self control to not use that tool for vindication and [STRIKE]vigilante[/STRIKE] justice!
    fixed that for you

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The really sick part is some of his book tells the story (or viewpoint) FROM THE CHILD'S VIEW! How sick is that?! What kind of hubris and horrible mental empathy block does this guy have to write that! That's akin to serial murders not enjoying sexual relations because they cannot empathize with the partner...

I will confide in calmer minds to prevail and give him his time in court. Unfortunately, social tides will get him, either in the our world or in prison, he will get his. Therein lies SOME justice is that he will probably fight it as far as he can, it will go Supreme, some edict or modification handed down for status quo: Protected speech. But once he is away from guard, away from safety, those with more intempered minds will get justice. If he goes to jail, they better keep him in administrative segregation (and screen the guards going in)!

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    The really sick part is some of his book tells the story (or viewpoint) FROM THE CHILD'S VIEW! How sick is that?! What kind of hubris and horrible mental empathy block does this guy have to write that! That's akin to serial murders not enjoying sexual relations because they cannot empathize with the partner...

I will confide in calmer minds to prevail and give him his time in court. Unfortunately, social tides will get him, either in the our world or in prison, he will get his. Therein lies SOME justice is that he will probably fight it as far as he can, it will go Supreme, some edict or modification handed down for status quo: Protected speech. But once he is away from guard, away from safety, those with more intempered minds will get justice. If he goes to jail, they better keep him in administrative segregation (and screen the guards going in)!
    i hope he goes Gen Pop. let the other inmates save us taxpayers an expensive trial

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Don't lose sight of the fact that this is not a straightforward case of child molesting. Yes, this guy is a piece of :poop:, if he was in front of me right now I would punch him in the face.

On the other hand he is being charged with a crime in a state that he does not live in. Detectives from Florida contacted him and asked to buy a copy of his book. He mailed it to them and was then charged with a crime. If we bend the rules to prosecute this guy then we open the door a crack wider for other types of prosecutions in the future. Best to let him have his rights so that we can better keep our own.

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    :ar15:if it were only legal . I think our fore fathers would have taken people like him out back . While our current leaders are striping of us of our rites people like him will get a free pass ... while they still keep trying to grab our guns and freedoms a little at a time. i will stop here be fore i lose it !!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

I'll assume you're not advocating that he should be physically hurt?

There's a movie that's been out a few years, an excellent movie, btw. It's called The Woodsman, it stars Kevin Bacon, and it's about a pedophile who gets out of jail. The movie is told from his point of view. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't support his point of view, it just observes it. To observe it, however, and to gain any understanding of it, there's a certain neutrality that must be conveyed, even if that neutrality can easily be confused with condoning the man or his actions. In the end, it's he himself who passes his own judgment on himself and his actions.

I thought the movie was fascinating and thought provoking, as well as disturbing. It was all of those things precisely because it forced you to view the world in a different way than you might ever have before. I felt like I learned something, and it didn't change one bit the anger or condemnation I have towards anyone who harms a child. That said, it doesn't harm me - a thinking adult who knows right from wrong - to take two hours of my life and view the world from a different, if sick, point of view.

Yes, I know this POS who was arrested didn't write a book like this movie. I doubt from what I've read that his book has any value whatsover. It sounds like a disgusting piece of trash.

How do you write a law, or use existing law, to differentiate between one and the other? I suspect that some who respond to this post will not be able to differentiate the two. I don't want a prosecutor - dedicated first and foremost to his own career - to creatively find ways to bring more and more written, illustrated, or whatever kind of speech in the the realm of the prosecutable.

Let's use other ways to deal with this kind of scum. Let's not unleash the monster of government in yet another field. The moster doesn't stay fenced. He won't just devour this POS, as soon as he's hungry again, he'll start seeing POSs where they don't exist.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well having known a few pedos in my day, you dont write a book about being a pedophile unless you are in fact a pedophile. I'm glad he was arrested, violation of rights or not he should be castrated IMMEDIATELY. I feel sometimes there should be an exception to the rule even if it does violate your rights. This is definatly one of them. In addition, I think they should arrest anyone who makes an attempt to purchase the book. Because again, you wouldnt even be interested unless you were a pedo. Why would you need a book like that unless a.) you want to be one or b.) you're brushing up on your practice. Spare the children and put these cowards away before they get the chance to act on these urges. Strictly personal (I guess) . My 2 cents :)

When you realize how your own rights are being sacrificed by people with that mentality, you may start to change your mind, and realize what a right truly is. It is the very essence of America. If the worst of us doesn't have a right, then neither does the best of us. Arresting one man for writing a book opens the door for more people to be arrested for writing books. Free speech is not worth sacrificing in order to not be offended at the bookstore.

Can you write a book about a topic without thinking about it? Think before you answer NO.
    Is thinking a crime? Hello Thought Police.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I said you had either had done it or thought about it. Can you write a book about a topic without thinking about it? Think before you answer NO.

I could no sooner write about classical music or molesting children without having given some thought about it.

Are you wanting to take us down this path?
    pre-crime.jpg

you can contemplate his rights, I'll contemplate putting a bullet in him.

Hum.. Let's see you are contemplating possible killing this author. Does that not per put you in the same boat you are putting him? He though and wrote a book about something which up to now we have no proof he has done. If we apply the current logic FL is using then I suggest someone quickly call the FL state police to have you arrested and charged with murder as well since you are "thinking" about it. See the slippery slope this leads to?

Again refer to the image above.

On the other hand he is being charged with a crime in a state that he does not live in. Detectives from Florida contacted him and asked to buy a copy of his book. He mailed it to them and was then charged with a crime. If we bend the rules to prosecute this guy then we open the door a crack wider for other types of prosecutions in the future. Best to let him have his rights so that we can better keep our own.

You get it Eddie! :yesway:

Is thinking a crime? Hello Thought Police.
    :yesway:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Hum.. Let's see you are contemplating possible killing this author. Does that not per put you in the same boat you are putting him? He though and wrote a book about something which up to now we have no proof he has done. If we apply the current logic FL is using then I suggest someone quickly call the FL state police to have you arrested and charged with murder as well since you are "thinking" about it. See the slippery slope this leads to?
    if you have read any of my previous posts you would see that i made no mention in regards to law or what the government is doing in this particular situation, it is purely based on how i feel about this guy as a father, simply my opinion of what i would like to see happen to the guy. again, i made no mention of his "rights" being violated.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    This is ridiculous. I am appalled and disgusted by several of the posts in this thread.

Many of you people are quick to defend the Constitution, but only when it suits you. You're willing to disregard it when it comes to an issue that doesn't fit your perspective. Like Eddie said, this man is a sack of crap. However, I can see no law that he has violated. In fact, I see the VERY DEFINITITION OF ENTRAPMENT! How can you people not see that?!?!?!? You're allowing your emotions to get in the way of logic, and it's embarassing.

Florida can get bent. They don't like what a citizen of Colorado is doing? Fine. Don't break the law because you have an issue with the way another state handles it's citizen. I can GUARANTEE that most here would be OUTRAGED if an Indiana resident wrote a book advocating Constitutional Carry, and was subsequently arrested and up for extradition to California. Can't you people see the absurdity here?

The clamoring in support of precrime and thought-police is sickening.

He will be held in administrative segregation. He'll be well protected wherever he is held.

Bottom line: the man is a disgusting pervert. However, he has broken no law, and his arrest is the definition of INFRINGEMENT on his Constitutional rights. Anyone who thinks otherwise is WRONG.

Beware false patriots.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Beware false patriots.

I mistakenly believed and most still do, that this country is evenly divided by liberals, moderates, and conservatives. The labels individuals assume might be evenly divided but their core beliefs sure aren't. The overwhelming majority of this country aren't interested in true liberty but there own flavor of tyranny.

GunGirl2020

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I am not an incompetent person. I completely understand the situation. Hence why I stated STRICTLY PERSONAL. Don't violate MY 1A rights to express how I feel about pedophiles. :)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I'll assume you're not advocating that he should be physically hurt?

There's a movie that's been out a few years, an excellent movie, btw. It's called The Woodsman, it stars Kevin Bacon, and it's about a pedophile who gets out of jail. The movie is told from his point of view. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't support his point of view, it just observes it. To observe it, however, and to gain any understanding of it, there's a certain neutrality that must be conveyed, even if that neutrality can easily be confused with condoning the man or his actions. In the end, it's he himself who passes his own judgment on himself and his actions.

I thought the movie was fascinating and thought provoking, as well as disturbing. It was all of those things precisely because it forced you to view the world in a different way than you might ever have before. I felt like I learned something, and it didn't change one bit the anger or condemnation I have towards anyone who harms a child. That said, it doesn't harm me - a thinking adult who knows right from wrong - to take two hours of my life and view the world from a different, if sick, point of view.

Yes, I know this POS who was arrested didn't write a book like this movie. I doubt from what I've read that his book has any value whatsover. It sounds like a disgusting piece of trash.

How do you write a law, or use existing law, to differentiate between one and the other? I suspect that some who respond to this post will not be able to differentiate the two. I don't want a prosecutor - dedicated first and foremost to his own career - to creatively find ways to bring more and more written, illustrated, or whatever kind of speech in the the realm of the prosecutable.

Let's use other ways to deal with this kind of scum. Let's not unleash the monster of government in yet another field. The moster doesn't stay fenced. He won't just devour this POS, as soon as he's hungry again, he'll start seeing POSs where they don't exist.

Dross, once again, cooler heads like yours prevale! :D Believe me, I would love to see him shot full of arrows like St. Sebastian, I want to see him thrown into the obliette and never see the glorious sun again, I want to see him buried under inchor and filth until infection takes him BECAUSE of the difference of the movie example you gave and his book. BUT, these things will never occur and honestly, I feel horrible right now for even thinking ill of another in such anger. :( It is literally physically sickening, not just his writings but the feelings it incites in me. I need to remind myself I am better than this and look at it logically.

He IS entitled to a court day in regards to the "crime" (whatever the actual crime they are charging him with, writing filth or legal equivalent of). No doubt he will press for his entitlement to the First Amendment with his book and it will get fought as long as he lives.

For currrent laws, no idea. Potentially what he is being charged under will prevale. But I cannot see that occurring due to what you said: There is a fundamental right to the First. Encroachment upon this right is wrong.

Maybe they will find something in his past, someone will come forward (hoping that statute of limitations doesn't work in his favor) and proclaim rape by this goon. What I actually imagine happening is that if he gets off scot free, his hubris will rise. His arrogance will win and he will be caught in the act of rape. Then he will go to jail and those who we cast down from our society have an excellent way of dealing with his kind... While I will not act upon this anger (unless I actually catch someone in the act of child rape, then it's the fury of God's own thunder), but I am respecting his rights as of now.

Top Bottom