• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    Made my first knife this week and have two more in progress. I haven't heat treated yet, and only sanded to 220 right now, but I wanted to post the pic of my new baby. Also, any shops in the Indy area that sell micarta or g10? I've looked at all of the online stores, but I really want to see what I'm getting before I fork over the money for something I'm not happy with.

20130613_205619_zps0e7d57cb.jpg

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Nice job! That's a very cool looking blade.

I'm sorry but I don't know any brick and mortar shops that sell the micarta or g10. You can make your own micarta scales though. Just do a web search on it.

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    Nice job! That's a very cool looking blade.

I'm sorry but I don't know any brick and mortar shops that sell the micarta or g10. You can make your own micarta scales though. Just do a web search on it.

Thanks, I'm a proud papa, and now hooked! I'm a little nervous about the heat treating, but I'm building my own little torch kiln now, so we'll see how it goes. I'll check out making my own micarta - thanks for the info

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I tried to find Micarta or G10 around Indy a few months ago and couldn't find any.

You can get nice woods at Rockler in Castleton or Woodcrafters along I-69.

I've had mixed results with home heat treatments. But your kiln setup will help alot.

What kind of steel? Are you going to drill holes for pins before heat treatment?

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    I tried to find Micarta or G10 around Indy a few months ago and couldn't find any.

You can get nice woods at Rockler in Castleton or Woodcrafters along I-69.

I've had mixed results with home heat treatments. But your kiln setup will help alot.

What kind of steel? Are you going to drill holes for pins before heat treatment?

I'm going to drill some holes for two pins before heat treatment. I think I'm going to try and make my own micarta as well. I'll post more pics as I go

Top Bottom