Louisiana now allowing guns in church? What took them so long.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal signed into law a bill that will allow citizens to carry guns to church.

Louisiana citizens choosing to carry guns in church MUST...receive 8 hours of "tactical training" each year, they MUST inform the "head of the religious instituiton", and it MUST be concealed. The article also says that the church would have to "announce verbally or in weekly newsletters or bulletins that there will be individuals armed on the property as members of the security force,"...that seems broad, so I don't know if they will actually announce names.

More here... Bobby Jindal Signs 'Guns-In-Church' Bill Into Law

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ...I really like when the author says...

"Man! I could really reach for some steel right now, squeeze off a few rounds, and let these fools know what the score is!"

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

broabc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Wow, why in the world would anyone need to have a law to 'allow' guns in church? What ever happened to separation of church and state? Doesn't that go both ways? Anyways, the 2nd amendment allows for 'baring arms', I don't think we should restrict when, where, why and how people do so. You just put a stiff penalty on improper use of arms. Soon, we'll be 'allowed' to carry arms everywhere, we'll just have to continue to follow their ever encroaching and invading rules or we will no longer have our 'permit(ion slip).

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Louisiana Carry

I lived in Louisiana for 12 years (86-98) and believe me people carried in church & everywhere else they wanted even back then.
    Louisiana also had a mandatory CCW class that consisted of 8 hrs of classroom training and qualification on the range everytime your CCW permit expired , a lot of the southern states have the same class /qualification to get and keep your CCW.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I also feel that there are some speration of church and state issues here......

It is like how a lot of states have banned snake handeling in church services because of all the deaths and injuries....... I don't agree with that practice but feel that it is a blaitant violation of seperation of church and state....... even if they are crazy......

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    As Scutter said, onerous. However, there is no separation of church and state issue:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

This particular issue doesn't touch on the first amendment.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    As Scutter said, onerous. However, there is no separation of church and state issue:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

This particular issue doesn't touch on the first amendment.

Good point. I do feel though that churches should be able to do what they want as long as it is not down right criminal.

Top Bottom