• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I parked in a little lot on McCarty, just east of Missouri (across the street from the south lot at Lucas) for 10 bucks.
    Me too. I believe they said I can park there tomorrow as well....

This driving from up here down there 2 days in a row is going to be hell on my legs...oh well. Still have stuff to see. Yesterday was the rush to get catelogs with my wife along. Tomorrow is more for me to sightsee and coonfinger stuff :)

10171017_751585334886148_1731913544433878137_n.jpg

1911690_751585364886145_358114286886082309_n.jpg

1794590_751585494886132_8218842143809653724_n.jpg

Costa's dog is seriously awesome...and he is a super nice guy. I was really surprised to see the table empty and him sitting there messing around on facebook. LOL

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I just got back...went to Libertyseed. Glad I made the effort to go. Thought about not going 20 times due to being late and a million other excuses...but I am thoroughly glad I went. I will go again and take my father in law. He'll love it. Wish I could have taken my wife's grandad...he'd have loved it too. :patriot:

Anyway, had a good time. Worked the store this morning...then about 1:30 hit the show.

I really liked checking out all of the old west gun stuff. By that I mean the Uberti booth, Pietta booth, etc. The Cimarron both I saw on the way out and they ticked me off. No catalogs, guys working were engrossed in conversation with someone who was standing directly in front of their case with their guns in it and I couldn't see crap. I even reached under a rack and grabbed what looked like a catalog and realized it was just a store copy. I put it back and they never even noticed. I won't be buying any more guns from them. The Uberti guy(I believe that was it) talked to me, encouraged me to touch and feel his guns and rifles. Smooth actions...very impressive.

I spent some time in Winchester's booth checking out their new '73 remakes. Beautiful smooth acting guns. True works of art. I teared up a bit when I saw the 'imported by' on the barrel...but they are truly high quality. So my hats off to them.

Anyway, I too was amazed how many places you could buy stuff. Berry's bullets sold a guy a 1000 9mm projectiles as I stood there. I thought about asking about 45 acp but figured I'd go back and never did. If I go back Sunday I may ask.

Hrrmmmm, I didn't know most of the 'gun celebs' there so I didn't drool. Saw a couple of folks in the store signing autographs. Got Katie Francis's autograph for my daughter....not that she knew who she was...but as I suspected she just thought it was cool she was a young shooter too. I would have liked to see Ermy but didn't know he'd be at the Glock booth.

Oh, bought a pair of VX grips for my 1911. Wished they would have mentioned mounting screws though....I will have to buy them.

Right now I'm glad to be home with my feet up...going to figure out if I missed anyone's booth and decide if I go back Sunday or not.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We can call that kind of stuff braggin' rights?? Well, heck!! I had lunch several weeks back with the CEO of Schroeder Bauman and at the same table! In fact, he bought my lunch and did the same for a shooter friend I brought along. Soooo NEENER. :p
    /braggz

So YOU are why their guns are so damned expensive... gotta pay for his wining and dinining of course.... :):

AWESOME show, lots of good folks, and gonna stick my head in tomorrow for Kyle Lamb's presentation and then I'm out. Not gonna venture into the hall on a weekend. Weekday was bad enough.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I didn't see any protestors, but I heard a guy talking about someone at the show confronting the Zionsville anti-gun house wifes club and made one of them cry.
    Hope it was true and taught her a lesson.

I hope it wasn't true. I imagine making her cry will only solidify her negative feelings about gun owners. We should seek to make them feel safe, not upset.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hope it wasn't true. I imagine making her cry will only solidify her negative feelings about gun owners. We should seek to make them feel safe, not upset.

You think we can honestly change their minds? I swear most of them are brainwashed to the point that you'll be better off trying to convince the pope that abortion is cool.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    IMAG0466_zpsb884b68a.jpg

IMAG0467_zps156a57f8.jpg

IMAG0468_zpsca881c30.jpg

IMAG0469_zps8738cf6a.jpg

IMAG0470_zps794ac530.jpg

IMAG0471_zps58490e4a.jpg

IMAG0472_zps2ef094a0.jpg

IMAG0473_zps68b21764.jpg

IMAG0476_zps2228a14a.jpg

IMAG0477_zpsa99db58e.jpg

IMAG0478_zpsbc8711f7.jpg

IMAG0479_zps88eaa332.jpg

IMAG0480_zps8e2a465e.jpg

IMAG0481_zpsd44bc16f.jpg

IMAG0483_zpse43a7dd5.jpg

IMAG0484_zps5f83e59d.jpg

Not my proudest moment in gun safety, but they were each checked before hand not that is an excuse.
    And I NEVER would of considered this unless the firing pins had been removed.

IMAG0485_zpsc9e77921.jpg

IMAG0486_zps6c1e5f7c.jpg

IMAG0487_zps29bd0e90.jpg

IMAG0488_zpsedbfea74.jpg

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    You think we can honestly change their minds? I swear most of them are brainwashed to the point that you'll be better off trying to convince the pope that abortion is cool.

I've changed a few minds. I don't think we can change everyone's mind. But we can change some. We wont know who's who if we approach everyone like an *********. Mind changing happens one person at a time, a little at a time, through positive experiences. It doesn't happen by making them cry.

If you and I disagree on something, the bigger ********* you are, the more certain I am that you're wrong and your side is not worth considering. Serious, placard-carrying, protest-attending anti-gunners are already ignorantly emotionally invested in their side. If there was ever any hope of changing their mind, making them cry just pushed them right back the other way.

To me, its worth it to tread carefully so we get the ones we can, and give the others less grounds for their position.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    The last image is of smart gun grips. Apparently you can modify any 1911 to be a smart gun with this setup, and is good up to 20 users up to a year. I was tearing it down in front of the exhibitor to my dad. Needless to say he ignored me and was hyping it up to a few other ppl.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

I'd much rather make someone cry and hurt feelings vs them using their irrational emotions and ignoring facts while trying to strip me of the ability and right to defend my family in the most effective way possible.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Anyone get a pic of the guy walking around with the huge Colorado Flag with 'Free' stitched in above "Colorado"?

Also heard a guy from Australia that was there dressed in boots and a cowboy hat. Said they were fighting to get their freedoms back there as well

arsenal69

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    I was there today saw a lot of very cool stuff got a lot of free stuff had a great time. was there for six hours and did not see everything so I am going back on Sunday if you have not been I suggest you go you will not be disappointed there is something for everyone..... Like to give a thanks to the guys at the tru glo booth very cool guys

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I'd much rather make someone cry and hurt feelings vs them using their irrational emotions and ignoring facts while trying to strip me of the ability and right to defend my family in the most effective way possible.

Your making them cry wont stop them doing that. I'm arguing making them cry will only make them want to do it more.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was there, going back tomorrow. Saw one new INGOer. Met two people from NWI, told them about INGO.
    Didn't see any protesters. But in the past, they did their thing, got their pics, and left. Not exactly dedicated people.

Walked in the door SENSORY OVERLOAD.
    Took me 10 minutes before I could even decide what to do.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Had a great time today! CSmith and I went over together and got to the show around 9. Parking wasn't an issue at all. Parked under the circle center mall, north end I think. Walked to the convention center and gave directions to the "Cops thing marijuana should be legal ask me why" guy in the process. Spent all day in the show, saw a lot of things, bought a few things, thought about buying a lot more stuff but didn't. I can honestly say after spending as much time in the show as we did, and then seeing the pictures people have posted, that I could spend another day there and still maybe not see it all. Its like no matter how many times you walk by an area you keep seeing new things. First thing I picked up where some special edition Pmags and a S3 phone case as the magpul booth, then I picked up some M&P items from the Apex guys, which were awesome guys to talk to. Drooled over some ZT knives and talked to another good guy at their booth. Saw a crap ton of "famous" people including James Yeager, Ollie North, Jerry Miculeck(sp), and a ton more which was pretty cool in itself. Went to the WWII D-Day guns seminar, and it was pretty interesting, but ran over 1 hour. At the end of the day we wrapped it up at the Libertyseed at the Indiana Warm Memorial. Two things here: 1) liberty seed is awesome, and 2) the War Memorial is awesome! Definitely need to come back to this when its open!

saw an old friend:

michelle.jpg

made a new one:

russian.jpg

and went to the Libertyseed:

libertyseed1.jpg

libertyseed2.jpg

libertyseed3.jpg

libertyseed4.jpg

libertyseed5.jpg

that is one cool old building! I can't wait to go back to see everything when its open! and the libertyseed was pretty awesome as well ;)

Last edited:

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    Got a late start didn't get there until almost noon, spent 5 hours going through the booths, I made it through the whole place, but didn't spend as much time looking as I could have. There was a lot to see, it's very possible to take two full days going through everything. So many awesome guns on display. I didn't take a lot of pictures, just a few from my phone. There were a lot of people. I can't count the number of times I accidentally bumped into people, or was bumped into. The aisles where some of the smaller vendors were located became clogged very quickly. Parking was super simple. I bought a parking pass last week through parkwhiz.com after a coupon I had it was only $5 for the day.

Giant Safe
    IMG_20140425_123050109-M.jpg

IMG_20140425_132506545-M.jpg

Ton Jones, for show Auction Hunters,
    IMG_20140425_144434884-L.jpg

guys from Sons of Guns

IMG_20140425_140259918-M.jpg

Tiffany Piper, signing calendars
    IMG_20140425_152226905-L.jpg

As some of the others on here, I also saw Bobby Jindal, Mike Pence, and Jeff Quinn (gunblast.com) as well as those I have pictured, around in different parts of the floor.

Last edited:

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Wife and I made it down for the day.
    Got to see handle lots of really cool guns, and talk with some of really nice people. Bought some stuff at the NRA store, scored some freebies, and even signed up for the ISRPA.
    Would have liked to have stayed for the Liberty Seed, but unfortunately had to head home
    Still...had a great time, and glad we went.

Top Bottom