• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Had a absolute great time. I will save 3 paragraphs of details and summarize with highlights:

Celebs I saw:
    -Joe from Sons of Guns (Yes he is short in real life)
    -Cory, Erika, & Sam from Range Time (Really wanted to say Hi, but the two times I saw them they were either talking to James Yeager or Tim from MAC and I didn't want to interrupt)
    (And Cory should be very proud to be with Erika, she is a very beautiful woman)
    -Hickok45 & John (Said Hi and shook hands, tried to make small talk but was completely star struck and fumbled for words, oh and good lord those guys are TALL)
    -James Yeager
    -Jerry Miculek
    -Tim from Military Arms Channel (MAC) (Really wanted to say Hi, but he was busy talking to the guys at IWI and I didn't want to be rude)
    -Rob Pincus (attended seminar)

Really cool stuff:
    -$15000 Huge Yellow Safe
    -Magpul Bus
    -Shooting simulators - laptop based, especially the one that had the Red demo guns
    -Being able to look at just about anything firearms related I could think of because it was all under one roof
    -Sig AR pistol with SB-15 brace (really want one)
    -Pricing seemed to be very good from most places on products
    -Guy carrying a Red/White/Blue AR pistol on his hip
    -Home Defense seminar by Rob Pincus (really informative class and he seemed really cool)

Things bought:
    -$9 Ham & Chips
    -$20 Belly Band holster from Elite
    -$85 of Glock stuff ($15ea for 2 hats, $20 2nd Amendment shirt, $35 Glock girl hoodie for the wife)
    -$20 Rob Pincus Book - Counter Ambush (bought from his daughter, wow what an attractive girl she is)
    -$180 from Dunn's in Gunvault products ($30 each (x2) for small lockbox with combination lock & $120 for bedside lockbox w/ AC hookup & lighting)

Had I known that the convention was this awesome before, I would have made a weekend out of it and saved much more money in advance. Anyone who wants to go, but skips out for whatever reason, you will regret it. If you can go, I strongly encourage you to do so.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Got a new set of Fitted Earplugs

For those who have never considered them you really should rethink

The work great and are comfortable so that you can wear them All Day and not be tempted to take them out.

I still have my first pair and they are 20 yrs old (about)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    [/B]
    That considered impolite at trade shows FYI
    Agreed and is very immature behavior. The vendor is there trying to sell their product and they have someone ridiculing them instead. If you don't care for the product then just move on and be polite about it, no need to offend anyone.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The last image is of smart gun grips. Apparently you can modify any 1911 to be a smart gun with this setup, and is good up to 20 users up to a year. I was tearing it down in front of the exhibitor to my dad. Needless to say he ignored me and was hyping it up to a few other ppl.
    In reference to the pic with you pointing the two double barreled 1911's at the person operating the camera, why do you have your fingers on the triggers? That is a very unsafe practice, I pray that you don't have that habit with loaded weapons. Definite violation of the safety rules. Otherwise, thank you for taking the other pics of some really cool stuff.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Agreed and is very immature behavior. The vendor is there trying to sell their product and they have someone ridiculing them instead. If you don't care for the product then just move on and be polite about it, no need to offend anyone.

I had someone complaining about rip-offs behind me when I was buying an item yesterday. It was a great improvement on a common item and the guy just came across as an idiot.

Better to keep your mouth shut and let people thing you are dumb than open it and remove all doubt!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    IMAG0488_zpsedbfea74.jpg

So not that I like or trust them, (I wont use biometrics on anything mission critical) but us southpaws get no love? If I cant get my iphone 5s to reliably unlock by fingerprint, Im not going to trust the ability to fire my gun on the first try either.

Walked in the door SENSORY OVERLOAD.
    Took me 10 minutes before I could even decide what to do.

I hear ya. 90 minutes in I realized I had to regroup. I was flying solo and got TOTALLY turned around. I finally grabbed a map, found a corner on the far end, and worked my way back methodically. Well, as best I could since some of the bigger names really messed with your ability to stay in an aisle.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Got a new set of Fitted Earplugs

For those who have never considered them you really should rethink

The work great and are comfortable so that you can wear them All Day and not be tempted to take them out.

I still have my first pair and they are 20 yrs old (about)

I am not having much success with these. I had set made for me about 20 years ago and they hurt so much that I finally gave up after a few times wearing them. I told my story to the guy there yesterday and he convinced me that he could make me a set that would be comfortable. I tried them on at the show after he made them and I could not get them to fit properly. He finally got them inserted well and they felt okay. I have now tried twice since I got home and I cannot get them in my ears. I push and twist and coat them with mineral oil trying to get them in, but no dice. Now my ears are red and hurt from the attempts to put them in. I really want them to work since the DB reduction is better than any muffs and they won't get in the way. I am going to contact them and see what we can do.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    In reference to the pic with you pointing the two double barreled 1911's at the person operating the camera, why do you have your fingers on the triggers? That is a very unsafe practice, I pray that you don't have that habit with loaded weapons. Definite violation of the safety rules. Otherwise, thank you for taking the other pics of some really cool stuff.

Ya I knew I was going to get some flack over that when posting that image. You're right very unsafe practice even though i did a safety check.

And I NEVER would of considered this unless the firing pins had been removed.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Just got home. Man, were there ever a lot of people there. Couldn't walk much, just a kind of shuffle as I dodged other people. Still a ton of fun. Got to fondle the new G42 and some Sigs I've had my eye on.

Only saw about three or four other OC'ers. Was really surprised about that. Thought there would be a lot more OC.

Top Bottom