Not open for further replies.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Had a case of 9mm.

I was going to post a "for sale" ad here at market value, but didn't want to be "viewed" as a "gouger" so I did not.
    That's what farmslist is for. If I sell here it will be close to what I paid, small markup. We are a community.

I don't know those farmslist people, so they pay market price. I don't HAVE to sell any of it, but I will if the price is right and someone can make use of it. Their lack of planning is not my emergency. Even then, they try to talk me down while prices are going up, and try to have me ship primers. No thanks.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's what farmslist is for. If I sell here it will be close to what I paid, small markup. We are a community.

I don't know those farmslist people, so they pay market price. I don't HAVE to sell any of it, but I will if the price is right and someone can make use of it. Their lack of planning is not my emergency. Even then, they try to talk me down while prices are going up, and try to have me ship primers. No thanks.
    Yes, aside from the flippers with 51 posts to their names not prefaced with WTS who take advantage of this and immediately relist for double the money.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It’s sad they went through the Obama years and the threat of a Clinton presidency and just recently decided they should purchases guns/ammo... but... better late than never
    Obama and Clinton didn't have covid lockdowns and a year of riots. A lot of people have been rethinking things after all of that last year. People are buying guns, and more people are getting into having livestock

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Kinda like the neighbor I had years ago. His HS daughter had totalled two cars. The answer? Sell his newer truck and get a beater for HIMSELF so they could afford to buy her a THIRD car. :rolleyes:

No skin in the game equals no clue and zero cares.
    Agreed, and no way would I be doing that. Kid can deal with a beater or make due otherwise.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ah. I fondly remember all the cars my parents bought me.
    Oops, no I don't.
    I was bought a schwinn bike as a kid. And I was told if I wanted a ten-speed, I'd have to buy it myself. "If you buy it, you'll appreciate it better, and take care of it. If we buy it, neither will happen. "
    My dad was smarter than I thought at the time.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ah. I fondly remember all the cars my parents bought me.
    Oops, no I don't.
    I was bought a schwinn bike as a kid. And I was told if I wanted a ten-speed, I'd have to buy it myself. "If you buy it, you'll appreciate it better, and take care of it. If we buy it, neither will happen. "
    My dad was smarter than I thought at the time.
    My dad bought me an ‘86 trans am with 350 and a 5 speed. Bad idea. I loved that car, but, all it took was one time acting stupid and I put it into a guard rail. Needless to say he took it from me, and I had to go buy a vehicle myself afterwards. Bought an old s10 that he had to approve of first. I’d love to have that trans am now, but I probably wouldn’t be here if I did.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    My dad bought me an ‘86 trans am with 350 and a 5 speed. Bad idea. I loved that car, but, all it took was one time acting stupid and I put it into a guard rail. Needless to say he took it from me, and I had to go buy a vehicle myself afterwards. Bought an old s10 that he had to approve of first. I’d love to have that trans am now, but I probably wouldn’t be here if I did.
    My dad showed up with an 84 ford ranger he got from a guy at work, walked in threw me the keys and said you owe me $700. I was happy as hell.
    Fast forward 2 years I get a temp job at the mill where my dad worked and was BSing with my dad and the previous owner of the ranger. The guy asked if I still had it, and then tells me it was probably the best $500 I've ever spent. I looked at my dad and he just said, that's a life lesson you just learned. He was right

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My dad showed up with an 84 ford ranger he got from a guy at work, walked in threw me the keys and said you owe me $700. I was happy as hell.
    Fast forward 2 years I get a temp job at the mill where my dad worked and was BSing with my dad and the previous owner of the ranger. The guy asked if I still had it, and then tells me it was probably the best $500 I've ever spent. I looked at my dad and he just said, that's a life lesson you just learned. He was right
    I hated the s10 when I had it. Now I’d love to have it back. Little truck was awesome on gas, and plenty of bed space to haul fat chicks in the back

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mom and Dad never "bought" me a car. I just got their hand-me-downs (and Dad tended to drive them forever). The first one was a 1960 Olds 98 that had been his boss's work car. I loved that thing! Had every option available at the time. Dad sold it though. When I went away to school, I really wanted to take the Gremlin X we had at the time, but Dad wasn't having it. I got to take the 1970 Ford Country Sedan station wagon.

That thing was so rusted out. I remember driving down a gravel road one time and looking in my rearview mirror to see a cloud of dust rolling up toward the front of the car from the back (inside). By the time I got to where I was going, my buddy and I were both covered in dust from head to toe. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bought every car I ever owned save 1. My idiot cousin wrecked my 56 chevy and I had to work so The drill Sgt gave me is all but done for 59 Pontiac Bonneville. Man there was not much left as he would drive the life out of them and fixed nothing unless it would not start.

He was a walking erection.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I bought every car I ever owned save 1. My idiot cousin wrecked my 56 chevy and I had to work so The drill Sgt gave me is all but done for 59 Pontiac Bonneville. Man there was not much left as he would drive the life out of them and fixed nothing unless it would not start.

He was a walking erection.
    I can relate to that.

My Mom and Dad got divorced when I was 13 because he was a abusive :poop: to my mom and me, my sister was the princess he never touched.

When I turned 16 in 1978 my Dad was supposed to give me his 71 Cutlass so I could take my sister to the doctor after school because my mom worked 4:30pm to 12:30am and didn't have time to run my sister to Irvington Plaza and back to Mooresville and get to work on time.

Dad went out and bought a new car and traded in the Cutlass just to p.o. my mom and cause problems.

When she got her tax check she bought me a fire engine red 68 Mustang with a inline 6 and 3 speed for 800.00. The agreement was I had to get a part time job between my Junior/Senior year to pay for Gas and Insurance.

Had the car just over a year and during spring break my Senior year a drunk ran a red light and tore the dog house clean off as I entered the intersection, not a scratch on me, but I was sore for weeks.

Anybody have a clue on how fast you have to be going to separate the doghouse from the body? Mooresville Police estimated impact @ 60mph, right in downtown Mooresville. Couple more feet and I might not be typing this right now.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have an old square body s-10. That sucker is handy, good on gas, and just keeps on going.
    Ya I’d love to have another one. I drove the wheels off that thing and couldn’t tear it up. I did have a u joint break on me and the driveshaft acted like a catapult, scared the hell out of me. Then I was coming home from a lynyrd skynyrd concert once when I was 17 and my headlights went out. Cop pulled me over in Indy after I dropped my girlfriend off at her house and had me follow him all the way to mooresville so I got home safely. I wish I would’ve got his name, I’d buy that guy lunch, and he probably doesn’t even remember that.

I ended up buying a explorer for the extra seats to haul friends around, but I kept the truck. My brothers car broke down so I let him borrow my truck, he ended up driving it for over a year before we got rid of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom