Not open for further replies.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    This. I haven't even gone to a range for what seems like forever, as I can't easily / economically replace even enough for a good afternoon's fun.
    It has cut into my range time. Now I only go shooting to ops check a modification to a firearm, or self defense practice. No more target shooting for fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had a case of 9mm.

I was going to post a "for sale" ad here at market value, but didn't want to be "viewed" as a "gouger" so I did not.
    This is a hard decision for those of us that absolutely hate a carpet bagger.
    But again, fair market. We cant give it away as it is a given that whoever gets a deal will run right out and flip it while touching themselves and giggling like a little girl. I swear I have seen grown men act like that when they get over on somebody.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    But again, fair market. We cant give it away as it is a given that whoever gets a deal will run right out and flip it while touching themselves and giggling like a little girl. I swear I have seen grown men act like that when they get over on somebody.

Meh.

Let the market run.

Market value for a case of 9 to me was a brother in law that wanted some... so we cooked up some steaks and are heading out to backlight yotes with a camp fire.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh.

Let the market run.

Market value for a case of 9 to me was a brother in law that wanted some... so we cooked up some steaks and are heading out to backlight yotes with a fire.
    Well done sir.
    An old racing buddy needed a handgun. He finally convinced his nose in the air snotty ant-2A wife they needed protection. I could have seriously made out on the pistol and ammo I passed to him but Meh. Just that she was coming to the light was enough for me.

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    But I will never do business with the gougers when this is over.

INGO is a community.

The flipper/gougers do not care about INGO.

I have had the benefit of real INGOers giving or selling at pre Covid prices, during this FAKE CRISIS.

I sold a flipper a bunch of ammo that I do not use anymore, for less than half of what I paid for it. When I saw him post it in the classies recently for 50% over the price marked on the box, three times what he paid, I was discouraged. Don't get me wrong I like the fellow, but he lost all future classified business with me.
    didn't you just have steel cased Tula 223 listed for 65cpr in the INGO classies? :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    and unfortunately this is why the LGS puts the good stuff on gun broker instead of selling it in the stores. He needs to make money at a time when he has very little volume going through his store but he can't be seen as gouging either.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Well done sir.
    An old racing buddy needed a handgun. He finally convinced his nose in the air snotty ant-2A wife they needed protection. I could have seriously made out on the pistol and ammo I passed to him but Meh. Just that she was coming to the light was enough for me.
    This... the only ammo I've offered for sale in the past year was to an old workmate... we played bball together... he purchased his first handgun ever... $12/box same as I paid pre-cray.

Long game... at least 6-8 million people saw the light in the past year.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I really don't see a problem with people posting for whatever price they want, it only takes the right person that wants it bad enough to make the seller laugh back at us. A friend let me know she was thinking of buying a 67 camaro convertible recently. I told her that I thought the price was about 30% too high. Turns out I knew the seller and he called the next day to chew my ass out for trying to tell him how much his car is worth! WTF?

I politely reminded him that I didn't know he was the seller or even owned the car that I only counseled a friend on my opinion of price and that I even told her that I hope he gets it, just not from her. I hope he can find some chump better informed buyer than I, to buy it at full asking. He walked away pissed.

C'est la vie!! :rolleyes:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This... the only ammo I've offered for sale in the past year was to an old workmate... we played bball together... he purchased his first handgun ever... $12/box same as I paid pre-cray.

Long game... at least 6-8 million people saw the light in the past year.
    It’s sad they went through the Obama years and the threat of a Clinton presidency and just recently decided they should purchases guns/ammo... but... better late than never

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is not a new thing.

Proverbs 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.

Shared via Bible KJV http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyc.ace.kjv

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Why yes, and that was half way between current market and pre Covid price.
    tenor.gif

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Had a couple of buddies who finally decided last March to break down and buy a handgun. I told them to stock up on ammo while it was in stock. They didn't and post election, poof, no ammo at any price. Felt sorry for them and broke into my stock to help them out. Then took them a couple of times to the range to get them comfortable with shooting their pistols.

Same thing happened with my Father-In-Law. He had a Ruger LCP with one mag and 15 rounds of ammo. Set him up with extra mags and a couple of boxes of ammo.

I figure one day, they will pay it forward to another new gun owner.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I learned today of a friend that did what many of us have done and set his son up with a Poly 9mm pistol (not a crap piece) and a case of 9mm.

The son called him today wanting more ammo as he and his buddy's burned through what dear old dad gave him in 1 day.
    No he did not give them more and told the boy his buddy's owed him for the ammo. Son just did not get it.

Man you just cant fix stupid.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I learned today of a friend that did what many of us have done and set his son up with a Poly 9mm pistol (not a crap piece) and a case of 9mm.

The son called him today wanting more ammo as he and his buddy's burned through what dear old dad gave him in 1 day.
    No he did not give them more and told the boy his buddy's owed him for the ammo. Son just did not get it.

Those that don't earn things, don't understand their value...

But yeah, why not make college free...

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    It’s sad they went through the Obama years and the threat of a Clinton presidency and just recently decided they should purchases guns/ammo... but... better late than never
    True to all of that... I take it as seeing non-Portlandia cities burned to the ground while the police are ordered to stand-down, an eye-opening experience, once you see and know "it CAN happen here", that's not a lesson that dissipates with the latest diet/exercise fad.

At least the acquaintances that I'm aware of who are becoming new gun-owners, they are going to the range, practicing and learning. Much better than buying a pistol and a box of booh-lets to put in a drawer for "just in case".

I don't know your friend, nor his son... I just know IRL, when I hear about things like this about people I know, I'm not surprised as it's not "out of character".

Kinda like the neighbor I had years ago. His HS daughter had totalled two cars. The answer? Sell his newer truck and get a beater for HIMSELF so they could afford to buy her a THIRD car. :rolleyes:

No skin in the game equals no clue and zero cares.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom