• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, abortion is murder when a man and woman go whoring around with total disregard to responsibility and consequences.
    Better?
    Whoring around. Is that the only thing that causes unwanted pregnancies? That’s it?

So it can’t be that the dude has a vasectomy, the woman is on the pill. They’re married. They ****. And oops?

So do couples need to stop ****ing when they don’t want more kids? Is that all ****ing is for is to have kids?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Whoring around. Is that the only thing that causes unwanted pregnancies? That’s it?

So it can’t be that the dude has a vasectomy, the woman is on the pill. They’re married. They ****. And oops?

So do couples need to stop ****ing when they don’t want more kids? Is that all ****ing is for is to have kids?
    Amen.

This is why I say many Christians are anti-abortion, not pro-life. You can't be pro-life when saying every woman with an unwanted pregnancy is "whoring around".

There's no compassion in that, just self righteous condemnation like a Pharisee.

Don't get me wrong - I'm totally against abortion, but I'm more about showing mercy and love to those in need (even if they don't think they need it), and not just about shaming.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As a child of the moral majority, overturning Roe was the brass ring; that's what we've been fighting for - if we just do that, God will bless America with rainbows and kittens...

But now on the precipice of it, it's becoming clear that this step isn't the be all, end all. What's next? I don't know, I just don't know how we should proceed, especially as Christians.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    If you brought God into the conversation, why would god allows abortion to happen and keep it going?

Overturning RvW doesn't stop abortion at all, it makes states like California and others do what the heck ever they want.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you brought God into the conversation, why would god allows abortion to happen and keep it going?

Overturning RvW doesn't stop abortion at all, it makes states like California and others do what the heck ever they want.
    They were doing whatever they wanted anyway.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Never said it was an argument.
    Your side has nothing, no facts, no standing.
    What facts have you provided? You said nobody has been imprisoned for selling parts. So that means it doesn’t happen, eh? Interesting logic. I think it’s you who has no facts, but every time someone has presented a valid point you reply with “good day” or more bs about since nobody has been arrested it’s proof it doesn’t happen.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This isn't an argument. It's basically smug confidence in a facile position.

What facts have you provided? You said nobody has been imprisoned for selling parts. So that means it doesn’t happen, eh? Interesting logic. I think it’s you who has no facts, but every time someone has presented a valid point you reply with “good day” or more bs about since nobody has been arrested it’s proof it doesn’t happen.
    What valid facts were posted that PP has broken Federal Law?
    Let me help you, None.

Again, 40 years of PP and none of you can post any proof of wrong doing.
    Give it a rest.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What valid facts were posted that PP has broken Federal Law?
    Let me help you, None.

Again, 40 years of PP and none of you can post any proof of wrong doing.
    Give it a rest.
    I’m not doing this. Keep your head in the sand, I don’t care, but don’t act condescending towards others because you can’t comprehend what your eyes see.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

You bring up a point I don’t see often on right-leaning forums: In the US the majority of women seeking abortion are already mothers.

These women have better insight into the issues they face both with their personal health and the risks they face during pregnancy and delivery, and the consequences of bringing another life into their world.

The situation these women face can be heartbreaking. Taking time away from work to deal with pregnancy and childbirth takes food out of the mouths of their other children. There are only so many hours to go around, and doing the best for the children they have may require making a decision many others may find unpalatable.

I think it’s also important to note that a majority of women seeking abortion in the US identify as Christian, further muddying the moral clarity of these waters.

This issue is fraught with sinkholes, and I think one big issue is the conflation of moral issues with legal ones.

I think there is a strong argument for keeping legal standards rather more flexible than, perhaps, personal moral standards might allow. In certain circumstances that which is morally intolerable must be tolerated legally to avoid unintended consequences. I think this is a perfect example of one of those issues.

On a personal aside: you have the patience of a saint. I have been following this thread closely, and I’m impressed with your ability to stay cool and on-topic under fire.

Top Bottom