www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This could get interesting.

And I totally agree. Its a states-rights issue. Not a federal issue.

So I wonder how legit this really is? Or if maybe the is leak is either "Russian Collusion", a leak of the wrong side (e.g. both sides write their opinion and only the one that actually supports the vote gets published... kinda like the obits that accidentally get published before a death), or fake news floated to find a mole?

I agree with this opinion wholeheartedly strictly on the basis of the opinion: Overreach. Anything not enumerated in the Constitution defers to the states. The states should be the ones to outlaw it if they wish.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This could get interesting.

And I totally agree. Its a states-rights issue. Not a federal issue.

So I wonder how legit this really is? Or if maybe the is leak is either "Russian Collusion", a leak of the wrong side (e.g. both sides write their opinion and only the one that actually supports the vote gets published... kinda like the obits that accidentally get published before a death), or fake news floated to find a mole?

I agree with this opinion wholeheartedly strictly on the basis of the opinion: Overreach. Anything not enumerated in the Constitution defers to the states. The states should be the ones to outlaw it if they wish.
    Watching this now on Hannity. NEVER have seen a leak out of SCOTUS.

Edit: Alan Dershowitz thinks it was leaked by a lib clerk to try to influence votes. They would be disbarred for this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Watching this now on Hannity. NEVER have seen a leak out of SCOTUS.
    I suspect:
    1: A leftist liberal female clerk that is slit-her-wrists upset over this literally antichrist level decision.
    2: An overexcited/overzealous conservative clerk overjoyed.

My money is on #1.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I suspect:
    1: A leftist liberal female clerk that is slit-her-wrists upset over this literally antichrist level decision.
    2: An overexcited/overzealous conservative clerk overjoyed.

My money is on #1.
    Alan Dershowitz agrees with #1

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And given the opposition to this ruling if true, I wonder if the likes of Antifa will put a bounty out on Alito's head for wrongthink?

OR as a friend mentioned, could this be to help fuel the midterms? Get the vote out for all those Dems in trouble for those that otherwise dont care. "Save the dems! They are our only hope for reproductive rights!"

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Sounds sensational. We'll see.

From the most objective, strict constructionist perspective, all rights not explicitly stated in the constitution are enumerated to the states. Abortion is not in the constitution. Medical privacy is not in the constitution (an oversight in my opinion). Thus, feds are hands off and states decide for themselves.

I was a big believer in Roe for the longest time, from a bodily autonomy and medical privacy perspective. I believe those things deserve to be protected. Then, the last two years happened, and the left proved they don't give a rats butthole about those principles except in the context of justifying abortion. This SCOTUS protected my right to work when Biden tried to shove his nose into my private employment and private medical choices. So... who's on my side?

Wonder what the "floor" will be. Total bans at the state level acceptable? Maximum weeks cutoff?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am suspicious as I am unaware of this kind of leak happening in the past...but we do live in "unprecedented times."

Also, assuming its authentic, whether it represents the actual, final majority opinion, a dissent or partial concurrence or whatever is not known with certainty. There are times draft opinions are written and then they are circulated to see who will sign on. It may be the majority, but if not enough people sign on, it could be something else. I have heard of votes changing based upon the draft. Assuming this is real, all I think we know is that it is someone's opinion, at least Justice Alito's.

I'm in "wait and see" mode.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    It's never so called "Leaks", it's called "sabotage".

Ask Trump about leaks.

And John Roberts?

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The wailing and gnashing of teeth has begun:

Top Bottom