• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Im being condescending?
    I believe in facts, a conversation is just that, it proves nothing.
    Someone being caught with a cooler full aborted organs, is proof

Its no different than when President Trump ran off the mouth of grabbing womans crotchs. The left believed it happens, the right laughed, knowing it was locker room bravado.
    More like the the right (at least this guy) turned a blind eye under the premise of "lesser of two evils."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Holy crap. I'm just marking for posterity that I liked one of JK's posts, so I will be able to prove it.
    just-be-careful-william-riker.gif

But I do agree with the Brass Ring comment. Divine Providence is not going to smile on America just because we overrule a SC decision.

Likewise, I know a lot of folks in the "Christian Coccoon" who really believe that ultrasound photos has somehow swayed the opinion of America on this issue. Nobody has been persuaded. The country has not changed.
    Yeah, I don't have any data or anecdotal evidence, but it seems like a good idea.

Standing out there with pictures on poles did not bring this moment about. Donald Trump brought this about. Hillary was a stupid campaigner who sneered and cackled one time too many, and it allowed The Donald to luck into one Presidential term, at a time when a decent number of SC Justices were of a mind to die.

Without that, none of this happens. I do hope "Conservatives" are going to remember that. Especially the Never Trumpers. RvW is biting the dust because the Feckless GOP simply lost control of their primary process one time, and accidentally lucked into getting a Republican President with more of a governing interest in America than just getting his daughter on a Cable Talk Show.
    FWIW, any Republican president would have brought about this change. Providence (aka justices dying) brought about this.
    Reagan and Bush could have ended RvW 20 years ago. They didn't even try.
    Maybe. Maybe not.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    What valid facts were posted that PP has broken Federal Law?
    Let me help you, None.

Again, 40 years of PP and none of you can post any proof of wrong doing.
    Give it a rest.
    You are the only one in this thread who keeps referencing Planned Parenthood breaking federal law. When did anybody else claim that?

As for proof of "wrong doing", I posted links to video evidence showing that Planned Parenthood alters abortion procedures to procure organs from aborted babies, and uses accounting gimmicks to get the most money possible out of it, all while skirting the edges of the law. If the fact that this isn't technically a crime under our current system proves, in your mind, that it is not "wrong doing", then I would like to suggest, as humbly as possible, that you may need a new moral compass.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You are the only one in this thread who keeps referencing Planned Parenthood breaking federal law. When did anybody else claim that?

As for proof of "wrong doing", I posted links to video evidence showing that Planned Parenthood alters abortion procedures to procure organs from aborted babies, and uses accounting gimmicks to get the most money possible out of it, all while skirting the edges of the law. If the fact that this isn't technically a crime under our current system proves, in your mind, that it is not "wrong doing", then I would like to suggest, as.t humbly as possible, that you may need a new moral compaght?ss.
    I need a new moral compass?
    I'm not the one thats trying to tell women what they can and cant do with personal medical decision's here. Along with wanting to hold corporations libel for not breaking the law. Thats ridiculous.
    What gives you that right? Your Book of Morals?
    My morals are just fine thank you.

You do know that 4 in 10 abortions are done on practicing christian women.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I'm not the one thats trying to tell women what they can and cant do with personal medical decision's here.
    What gives you that right?

Leaving the morality on abortion aside for the moment, my specific point here was that you seemed, in the quote I posted, to imply that because no federal laws were broken, it meant there had been no wrong doing on the part of Planned Parenthood. It came across to me as if you believe that right and wrong are determined by what's legal and illegal. Perhaps I read too much into it, but if federal law is the benchmark you use to determine wrong doing, then yes, I believe that is a poor moral compass to use.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Leaving the morality on abortion aside for the moment, my specific point here was that you seemed, in the quote I posted, to imply that because no federal laws were broken, it meant there had been no wrong doing on the part of Planned Parenthood. It came across to me as if you believe that right and wrong are determined by what's legal and illegal. Perhaps I read too much into it, but if federal law is the benchmark you use to determine wrong doing, then yes, I believe that is a poor moral compass to use.
    Don’t waste your time.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Your moral compass is for Your House,
    It is not the same moral compass as the neighbors down the street or in the pew in front of you.
    I find it sad and interesting that what little you know about me you believe that You can judge my morals.

Does your book of morals teach you that?

But the truth is, personally I could care less what you think of my moral compass.
    Thats one of the benefits of being an American Citizen.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Illogical and Pointless, and yet you tell me im the one being condescending...
    Were done.
    I’ve been done, I was just enjoying watching you chase your tail and use stupid metaphors that aren’t even relatable.

You brought up trump. You spout you believe in “facts” without providing any except “durrrrr nobody’s been arrested so it doesn’t happen durrrr”

It. Is. Pointless.

Move on, Felicia.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I’ve been done, I was just enjoying watching you chase your tail and use stupid metaphors that aren’t even relatable.

You brought up trump. You spout you believe in “facts” without providing any except “durrrrr nobody’s been arrested so it doesn’t happen durrrr”

It. Is. Pointless.

Move on, Felicia.
    :lol2:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Your moral compass is for Your House,
    It is not the same moral compass as the neighbors down the street or in the pew in front of you.
    I find it sad and interesting that what little you know about me you believe that You can judge my morals.

Does your book of morals teach you that?

But the truth is, personally I could care less what you think of my moral compass.
    Thats one of the benefits of being an American Citizen.
    Regarding your morals, I only know what you've told me so far, which, as far as I can tell, is that if someone hasn't been prosecuted under federal law, they've done nothing wrong. If I'm wrong on this, please correct me. If I am not wrong on this, then yes, I have no problem with condemning your morals.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Regarding your morals, I only know what you've told me so far, which, as far as I can tell, is that if someone hasn't been prosecuted under federal law, they've done nothing wrong. If I'm wrong on this, please correct me. If I am not wrong on this, then yes, I have no problem with condemning your morals.
    You guys are funny, Judging others.
    You sure thats in Your book of morals?

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your neighbors eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Abortion is free will, free will is legal, murder is illegal, Abortion =/= murder?
    Here's the thing. If you go back through the earlier parts of this thread, there's a whole discussion involving the subjectivity of this topic. Murder is the unjust killing of a human being. In your OPINION, abortion is not the unjust killing of a human being. In other people's opinion, it is. I don't think it's possible to solve that question objectively. So give a little space to objective reality, respecting the limits of your ability to comprehend it. In other words, recognize that it's an opinion as much as theirs is.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    You guys are funny, Judging others.
    You sure thats in Your book of morals?

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your neighbors eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
    I'm a little bit confused. Do you believe that it is wrong to make judgments about other's morals? If that is the case, how are we to have a discussion about morals? If you think I'm wrong, and I think you're wrong, but neither of us is allowed to say so because that would be "judging" others, then how can we ever hope to resolve, or even mention, our differences? After all, if you believe that any given thing is right or wrong, then you necessarily believe that someone who disagrees with you on that is incorrect.

I believe that it is wrong to base one's morals on what is or is not legal under federal law. If you think that federal law is the proper benchmark for morality, I believe you are mistaken.

If that's too much judging for you, then I think I may have to retract my statement about you having a poor moral compass, and start wondering if you have a moral compass at all...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not the one thats trying to tell women what they can and cant do with personal medical decision's here. Along with wanting to hold corporations libel for not breaking the law. Thats ridiculous.
    What gives you that right? Your Book of Morals?
    My morals are just fine thank you.

You guys have different worldviews. Being an ******* won't change anyone's views other than how they perceive you.

You're doing (I'm sure not intentionally) a sort of bait-n-switch here. You're arguing against a point he didn't make. What you're replying to isn't even about a woman's right to choose, it's about PP selling parts of aborted babies and covering it up. Maybe you don't believe they're doing that, and that's fine. But his statements about morality are about the morality of promoting abortion, and then selling the remains, while covering it up. So let's say, for the sake of argument that he's right, that this is exactly what they're doing. Is it moral? It's not a question of legality for the sake of this discussion. Is it moral?

And your last point, isn't even relevant. You're trying to make all Christians out to be hypocrites on Abortion because you've read some statistic that 4 in 10 are Christians. And if you ask me, I think humans are inherently hypocrites. It's part of the wiring. You are. I am. We all are to some degree on some thing. But what does that have to do with the post you replied to? Do you know how to engage in a discussion where you disagree with the other person?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Holy crap. I'm just marking for posterity that I liked one of JK's posts, so I will be able to prove it.

But I do agree with the Brass Ring comment. Divine Providence is not going to smile on America just because we overrule a SC decision.

Likewise, I know a lot of folks in the "Christian Coccoon" who really believe that ultrasound photos has somehow swayed the opinion of America on this issue. Nobody has been persuaded. The country has not changed.

Standing out there with pictures on poles did not bring this moment about. Donald Trump brought this about. Hillary was a stupid campaigner who sneered and cackled one time too many, and it allowed The Donald to luck into one Presidential term, at a time when a decent number of SC Justices were of a mind to die.
    Well. If we want to be technical about it, Mitch McConnell brought this about by one, making sure that Trump would pick from the list of justices who would overturn RvW, and two, extending the nuclear option to include SCOTUS nominees, and marshalling them through confirmation. I really don't think Trump has any moral leanings against abortion. It's just the position he has to take up as a Republican. All Trump had to do was pick the people Republican leaders put in front of him. But he did it, so that's not nothing.

Without that, none of this happens. I do hope "Conservatives" are going to remember that. Especially the Never Trumpers. RvW is biting the dust because the Feckless GOP simply lost control of their primary process one time, and accidentally lucked into getting a Republican President with more of a governing interest in America than just getting his daughter on a Cable Talk Show.

Reagan and Bush could have ended RvW 20 years ago. They didn't even try.

Overturning RvW is the correct decision constitutionally. I wish that Reagan and Bush would have gotten it done in their terms. I don't think they could have gotten a justice willing to actually do it confirmed. The only reason it was successful this time was McConnell going nuclear. A couple of times really. He blocked the vote on Merrick Garland at the end of Obama's term, which prevented a sure vote against. And of course eliminating the rule on filibuster for SCOTUS nominees.

We could probably thank Harry Reid for that. He opened the door and gave Republicans the political capital to extend it to SCOTUS. I don't think McConnell would ever have gone full nuclear. So I guess in a way Dems should blame Reid for this decision.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Im being condescending?
    I believe in facts, a conversation is just that, it proves nothing.
    Someone being caught with a cooler full aborted organs, is proof

Its no different than when President Trump ran off the mouth of grabbing womans crotchs. The left believed it happens, the right laughed, knowing it was locker room bravado.
    Being caught on tape explaining how you do the thing is evidence. Not gonna get a conviction on that alone. The cooler of aborted organs and something proving the transaction is also needed. The video of the discussion should at least cause an investigation into it. But that's not likely to happen because the people who would need to prosecute the thing aren't really all that interested in prosecuting it.

Top Bottom