• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I don't think he disputed the fact he liked beer back then, or even now. In fact, he stated it quite clearly several times, and even the fact that he drank too much sometimes.

I knew people like him in high school and college. They'd go out with us sometimes but would have very little to drink (my best friend would have nothing to drink) but they'd go for the comradery and to laugh at us drunks. And typically, they got better grades than I did and have done quite well for themselves. I don't think he's lying about that stuff. He reminds me of some of my friends.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I didn't find Kavanaugh to be nearly as convincing. I think he he was lying about the "Renate Alumnus." I think he was lying about "boof" and "Devil's Triangle." I think he was lying about his drinking in HS and college.... but that's just me thinking about how my high school/college experience. The recollections of Mark Judge, friend of Kavanaugh, explaining his time in HS (prior to this event), seemed like a "normal" high school experience... but Kavanaugh denies being that type of kid. And it appears that Kavanaugh's Yale classmates believed he was lying, as well.

With all this stuff floating out there, one would think it appropriate to have an investigation. Kavanaugh says that his "good name," is being tarnished, well, why won't he go to the length required to restore it? I'm sure he could get someone to pony up for a lie detector test. Why not take one? And why not request the president open an FBI investigation, with Congressional oversight, or have Mike Judge testify under oath? Kavanaugh is, for some reason is avoiding these avenues... out of spite? Maybe.... but it's just as plausible that he's doing it because he's afraid of what will be discovered. It doesn't take a contortionist to arrive at that point.
    I wouldn't do anything you're saying.
    If I'm innocent I'm sure as hell not gonna spoon feed them into an FBI investigation into me. Its worthless anyways.
    But still, after he would be found not guilty, the Democrats will say hes the only scotus nominee to be under investigation. It will never be good enough for them and they will always be dirty about it. This is a bunch of BS. I think doctor ford is lying. I do not believe her at all. I do not believe she has ever been a victim. I believe she is a political hack and this is a carefully planned and staged deep democrat conspiracy. I've never believed it more than I do today.
    We have congressmen and women and senators who have done FAR worse than he is being falsely accused of, yet they still sit inCongress. It is a hypocritical outrage.
    Anyways kut just because people do not surrender their rights doesnt mean they are guilty. If someone pleads the 5th it doesnt mean they are guilty. If someone invokes their right to remain silent with a cop they arent guilty. We are innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law and a Senate committee certainly isnt that

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Several Dems walking out nof Senate committee meeting. Childish to say the least. The Dems are being led by their nose by the far left and they are letting it happen.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I wouldn't do anything you're saying.
    If I'm innocent I'm sure as hell not gonna spoon feed them into an FBI investigation into me. Its worthless anyways.
    But still, after he would be found not guilty, the Democrats will say hes the only scotus nominee to be under investigation. It will never be good enough for them and they will always be dirty about it. This is a bunch of BS. I think doctor ford is lying. I do not believe her at all. I do not believe she has ever been a victim. I believe she is a political hack and this is a carefully planned and staged deep democrat conspiracy. I've never believed it more than I do today.
    We have congressmen and women and senators who have done FAR worse than he is being falsely accused of, yet they still sit inCongress. It is a hypocritical outrage.

This! +10 rep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, context is everything.

Things you did as a kid, when put into text on paper, look a lot worse than they actually were.

And even worse when those things are being read back to you by a committee. There's no way to put any of it into context.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Would anyone here want to be judged as an adult by things we did as kids?
    Hell even most courts do not judge minors as adults nor do those charges follow them into adulthood.
    This is a sham

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sen. Leahy: "The only person who has claimed this incident didn't happen is Brett Kavanaugh. The others said they have no knowledge or memory of it."

Opposite also true. Ford is the only one claiming it did happen.

And Leahy's inaccurate. Kavanaugh didn't say it didn't happen. He said he didn't do it.

I think word choice during this whole thing was probably carefully planned. If it happened, there's probably someone that knows who did it, and doesn't necessarily want or need to volunteer that information.

Again, I don't think either side of the Judiciary committee wants to know who did it if it wasn't Kavanaugh... possibly because it's irrelevant to his nomination.

D's don't want it to be anyone else.
    R's don't want it to delay the process further.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I knew people like him in high school and college. They'd go out with us sometimes but would have very little to drink (my best friend would have nothing to drink) but they'd go for the comradery and to laugh at us drunks. And typically, they got better grades than I did and have done quite well for themselves. I don't think he's lying about that stuff. He reminds me of some of my friends.

Yeah...We had a name for those people...Designated Drivers.....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Would anyone here want to be judged as an adult by things we did as kids?...

No. Worse yet to be judged for things you didn't do as a kid.

I know this one guy who used to make 2 liter bombs (no shrapnel) and set them off all over his college campus at night (noise, no property damage) just to freak people out.....think of how that guy would be treated today.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I know this one guy who used to make 2 liter bombs (no shrapnel) and set them off all over his college campus at night (noise, no property damage) just to freak people out.....think of how that guy would be treated today.

He would make the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    50/50 vote and Pence breaks the tie.

Evil Pence and Evil Trump put Evil Kavanugh in power, women haters unite, woe is the plight of the demoncrats. (snicker)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Nickname?

AnimalHouse_269Pyxurz.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Exactly.
    And if I was falsely accused of something this evil and have had my lifes work and my family threatened, I would have behaved exactly like judge Kavenaugh did yesterday. I would be iterate at even the insinuation that I did this and I would be annoyed that i even had to go through a process on it.
    In today's snowflake world they would treat that student like the unibomber lol

Top Bottom