• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Democrats peddle this all the way to 2020.
    Yep because that's all they got. They cant run a country as has been proven and they have no real ideas or plans for the country going forward. They have also obstructed a duly elected president and the business of the Congress since the end of the 2016 election. The Democrats conduct has been shameful and against the oaths they have taken. They are despicable.
    For 2020, bring it on

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are absolutely hillaryous, Kut. I always get a laugh out of contortionists! I wish I had your flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't find Kavanaugh to be nearly as convincing. I think he he was lying about the "Renate Alumnus." I think he was lying about "boof" and "Devil's Triangle." I think he was lying about his drinking in HS and college.... but that's just me thinking about how my high school/college experience. The recollections of Mark Judge, friend of Kavanaugh, explaining his time in HS (prior to this event), seemed like a "normal" high school experience... but Kavanaugh denies being that type of kid. And it appears that Kavanaugh's Yale classmates believed he was lying, as well.

With all this stuff floating out there, one would think it appropriate to have an investigation. Kavanaugh says that his "good name," is being tarnished, well, why won't he go to the length required to restore it? I'm sure he could get someone to pony up for a lie detector test. Why not take one? And why not request the president open an FBI investigation, with Congressional oversight, or have Mike Judge testify under oath? Kavanaugh is, for some reason is avoiding these avenues... out of spite? Maybe.... but it's just as plausible that he's doing it because he's afraid of what will be discovered. It doesn't take a contortionist to arrive at that point.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Harris, Blumenthal and Hirono ran for the microphones out in the hallway to express their indignation. The reporter they got must have been from Breitbart, he started asking about coordinating their walkout and asking why they didn't question Kavanaugh yesterday instead of demanding the FBI investigation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think he he was lying about the "Renate Alumnus." I think he was lying about "boof" and "Devil's Triangle." I think he was lying about his drinking in HS and college

Is any of this really disqualifying though? Kids being kids. I know I've said some horrible **** when I was younger, just because it sounded funny at the time or I thought it was edgy or something. Why would any of these things matter? Did they want to imply he's a devil worshiper or something? Or just drew a thing he saw in a tv show/movie to be funny.

With all this stuff floating out there, one would think it appropriate to have an investigation. Kavanaugh says that his "good name," is being tarnished, well, why won't he go to the length required to restore it? I'm sure he could get someone to pony up for a lie detector test. Why not take one? And why not request the president open an FBI investigation, with Congressional oversight, or have Mike Judge testify under oath? Kavanaugh is, for some reason is avoiding these avenues... out of spite? Maybe.... but it's just as plausible that he's doing it because he's afraid of what will be discovered. It doesn't take a contortionist to arrive at that point.

But you know the only reason they want another investigation is to delay this. It's been pretty obvious.

Lie detectors are junk science.

I'm guessing he was told to avoid those avenues very clearly because it's not his place to do it, and he knows if he gives an inch, they'd grab it and abuse it beyond the midterms.

I'm sure there's things he said that wasn't 100% accurate, but probably nothing malicious. Most likely to avoid the unnecessary confrontation. You clearly saw (if you watched) the ridiculous things they talked about (farting, for example) just to find anything.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Democrats : Delay, delay, delay, delay, delay, delay, delay, delay, delay, delay.

Republicans: No.

So why do we have to wait until 1:30 to vote on passing this out of committee now?

TV time for both parties, after all they are politicians:

• democrats so they can express their rage.
    • Republicans so they can make it difficult for reluctant members to weasel out on confirming Kavanagh.
    • Both parties so they have clips for their campaign ads.

Started the meeting so attendance is official and there is a quorum? You leave after it starts too bad?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I’ve never voted straight party ticket to my recollection. But I may just click the big R this time. The Democrats have disgusted me on this.

I'm seeing and hearing a lot of people say this. I believe the Democrats are more screwed now in November than they ever were before. Good fair Americans see through every lie the Democrats have told. Who in their right sane mind would want to give ANY power to the democrat party? A vote for even a Democrat dog catcher is acceptance and approval for these dirty tactics and the disrespect to our republic they have shown because it can be counted as an overall win for the party.
    I have my absentee ballot that came in the mail a couple days ago and I'm gonna proudly go right now and vote ​R

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DoLTXKoXsAEaSjX.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is any of this really disqualifying though? Kids being kids. I know I've said some horrible **** when I was younger, just because it sounded funny at the time or I thought it was edgy or something. Why would any of these things matter? Did they want to imply he's a devil worshiper or something? Or just drew a thing he saw in a tv show/movie to be funny.

But you know the only reason they want another investigation is to delay this. It's been pretty obvious.

Lie detectors are junk science.

I'm guessing he was told to avoid those avenues very clearly because it's not his place to do it, and he knows if he gives an inch, they'd grab it and abuse it beyond the midterms.

None, of the things he did (assuming he didn't force himself on Ford) in HS, are disqualifying... at least for me. I had a very similar HS/college experience, so I get where he's coming from. Lying about them now, because he's afraid of the perception, IS disqualifying. If he can't speak honestly now, why should I expect him to be trustworthy in the future?

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    I didn't find Kavanaugh to be nearly as convincing. I think he he was lying about the "Renate Alumnus." I think he was lying about "boof" and "Devil's Triangle." I think he was lying about his drinking in HS and college.... but that's just me thinking about how my high school/college experience. The recollections of Mark Judge, friend of Kavanaugh, explaining his time in HS (prior to this event), seemed like a "normal" high school experience... but Kavanaugh denies being that type of kid. And it appears that Kavanaugh's Yale classmates believed he was lying, as well.

Sigh. It's not his burden to prove his innocence. The FBI doesn't draw conclusions, they investigate. Big difference. Please refer to Joe Biden's commentary on the matter.

He said he is innocent, thus needs to be proven guilty.

He's smart enough to know that lying is the WORST POSSIBLE course of action he could take, if anything even remotely happened.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Kut, this is all the result of a Democrat I instigated smear and character assassination campaign. Asking for ANOTHER investigation is just a delay tactic to continue the smears and innuendos. If there were ANOTHER investigation and it unqualifiedly exonerated Kavanaugh, you and the Democrats would still oppose him.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    None, of the things he did (assuming he didn't force himself on Ford) in HS, are disqualifying... at least for me. I had a very similar HS/college experience, so I get where he's coming from. Lying about them now, because he's afraid of the perception, IS disqualifying. If he can't speak honestly now, why should I expect him to be trustworthy in the future?

I knew people like him in high school and college. They'd go out with us sometimes but would have very little to drink (my best friend would have nothing to drink) but they'd go for the comradery and to laugh at us drunks. And typically, they got better grades than I did and have done quite well for themselves. I don't think he's lying about that stuff. He reminds me of some of my friends.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I don't see how... if you know, in your mind, the things you did were innocent or just stupid kid stuff... and you know you're sitting in front of people that will pick that stuff apart and apply it to you today... Why bring it up?

"Oh, well yeah this one time my friend and I got into a little tussle. No big deal though, harmless kid stuff."

NYT would be running stories about your violent past, and how there's no doubt that you raped Ford.

I mean they're scrutinizing doodles to find some fake hidden meaning. They aren't genuine people doing this, they aren't serious. They know he's qualified, they know there's no evidence to place him at the scene of the alleged crime. They know the only possible way to stop him is to get him to slip up and say something that we know is innocent, but could be twisted to look worse than it is.

Top Bottom