• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hadn't heard about that either. I should have thought, "Follow the Money!". The History Channel got a lot of sponsors to support the search for Bigfoot and Aliens. I don't think that they have found either!
    Oh I 100% believe in aliens. Theres been plenty of non crazy and intelligent professionals who have swore to their existance. Even former U.S. presidents have talked about the existence of ET's. So if one day flying saucers appear on the horizon in force I wont be surprised in the slightest.
    If dillinger isn't in that grave, I'd be shocked.
    Finding out the govt killed jfk, not surprised.
    9/11 a hoax, come on, thats just crazy talk

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    This will be just another "Hunt For" show. They have run out of ideas for "Hunt for Civil War Gold . . . Nazi Gold show" etc, etc, etc.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There was a discussion on the WIBC last night about this. Someone else in his extended family said that it is believed he wasnt killed in Chicago and has been living in Florida since. He would be 95 now.
    On a personal thought I bet that there is some TV channel or whatnot picking up the tab on this. Next year we will probably be seeing some sort of documentary about it.

He would be 116 now.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    ChelseaLowe_TheXFiles_web_1024x1024.jpg

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I have a book about historical events and there is a chapter on Dillinger. The book claims it wasn't Dillinger that was actually shot and killed. The book claims Dillinger went to Hollywood and worked in the film industry until his "actual" death in 1963.

Interesting Dillinger connection. My grandfather said the FBI came to his house in New Castle one night in 1933. My grandfather was 12 years old in 1933. They asked him questions about Dillinger and his gang. Allegedly, my grandfather's middle sister was dating a member of Dillinger's gang. My grandfather said he really didn't know anything. I asked him what he told the FBI. His response, "I didn't tell them anything. I'm not a snitch."

Several people from that era claimed Dillinger used to hide out in New Castle and Henry County, as well as Muncie and Delaware County.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dated a girl from up around Fort Wayne back in the 80's.....Her dad was DA for Allen County.....She was kin to Dillinger and her aunt and mom told me that it wasn't Dillinger they killed at the Biograph....

For what that's worth....

John-Dillinger-1080x675.png

He might not have been killed at the Biograph, but sure is his body in morgue.... or they were turning out great fakes in the 1930s.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    The Family does a good job trying to cash in on anything with Dillinger name. They managed to close 2 Dillinger Museums looking for their "cut". Big John D. got his demise from crime. Enough already. He wasnt #1 Fugitive for being a cupcake.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    [FONT=&quot]This explains a lot to me. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Money, Money, Money, Money (it ain't just a song)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"While Eyewitness News has confirmed that the exhumation of Dillinger's body is part of an upcoming documentary on History Channel, it's still unclear when the proposed exhumation might take place."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    [FONT=&amp]This explains a lot to me. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Money, Money, Money, Money (it ain't just a song)[/FONT][FONT=&amp]. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"While Eyewitness News has confirmed that the exhumation of Dillinger's body is part of an upcoming documentary on History Channel, it's still unclear when the proposed exhumation might take place."[/FONT]

I think the History Channel either needs to use Geraldo Rivera or else that Ancient Aliens guy in the documentary...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I remember a story that Dillinger was pretty well "endowed" and that Hoover cut his particulars out and had it stored in a jar of formaldehyde.

Now, if that's true...might be an easy autopsy if the guy still has all his twigs and berries.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    His nephew? So one of my siblings kids and have me dug up on a whim?

...No sir, I don't like it.

So arrange for one of your buddies to quietly swap your body out, just before burial, for a sign that says "What are looking in here for?" with a "I <3 Florida" bumper sticker on it. If nephew gets curious you will become family legend for generations.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    My dad grew up in Columbia City during the depression and was one of six kids so feeding a family of eight was tough. Even though they still fed hobos that came to the back door at supper time. My grandmother would make a plate of food for the hobos and tell them to leave the plate on the back porch when they were done. One night they fed a "hobo" the usual way, but the next day John Dillinger's picture was in the Columbia City newspaper. Yes, it was the same person who they had fed the evening before. I'm not sure the year this happened, but Dillinger was on the run in northern Indiana at the time.

Top Bottom