• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think the History Channel either needs to use Geraldo Rivera or else that Ancient Aliens guy in the documentary...

ancient-aliens-meme-24.jpg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    How about the trans military expert:

View attachment 78903

The first time I saw "her" in a documentary, I kept thinking "she has the same last name as the guy they used to have on, must be his sister or something".

I don't know if naive is the correct word for someone slow on the uptake, but whatever that word is, I'm loaded with it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The first time I saw "her" in a documentary, I kept thinking "she has the same last name as the guy they used to have on, must be his sister or something".

I don't know if naive is the correct word for someone slow on the uptake, but whatever that word is, I'm loaded with it.

You and me both Rob. It doesn't help that you can see older stuff when it was "him" the same day with "her".

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I have a book about historical events and there is a chapter on Dillinger. The book claims it wasn't Dillinger that was actually shot and killed. The book claims Dillinger went to Hollywood and worked in the film industry until his "actual" death in 1963.

Interesting Dillinger connection. My grandfather said the FBI came to his house in New Castle one night in 1933. My grandfather was 12 years old in 1933. They asked him questions about Dillinger and his gang. Allegedly, my grandfather's middle sister was dating a member of Dillinger's gang. My grandfather said he really didn't know anything. I asked him what he told the FBI. His response, "I didn't tell them anything. I'm not a snitch."

Several people from that era claimed Dillinger used to hide out in New Castle and Henry County, as well as Muncie and Delaware County.

There was an old building in McCordsville that was restored and made into a bar and restaurant.
    Used to pop in for a beer after 2nd shift and the bartender showed me this room you could only access in between the wall.
    It was and old speak easy with gambling tables and old roulette tables.
    On one side there was a bumpout where the cashier would handle payouts. There was a steel wall drop down on a pulley with a slot cut about eye level. I assume to put a barrel through if SHTF.
    Legend is Dillinger frequented this place often. There was also old foundations of brothel cabins behind it.
    You can't make this stuff up. Gansters loved Indiana back in those days.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Not a very good endorsement for becoming a military transportation expert if it straightens your hair, turns it red and causes ya to look like a girl.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I really liked the concept of the “mysteries of the abandoned” series, I had it dvr’ed, but when that mentally ill freak showed up on there, I deleted the few episodes I had and wrote it off.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I never understood why Crown Hill was fighting it to begin with. It's not costing them anything, as I'm sure the family would have to pay for it.

I suspect the cemetery management along with others subscribe to a belief that cemeteries are no place for staged Media Events of this nature.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I absolutely understand cemeteries wanting to keep it as a solemn place. However, there is reason to believe that is not John Dillinger buried at Crown Hill. There is 12 feet of concrete. Excavate in private and move the body to a medical facility. Let the crowd of crazies go to Eskenazi or where ever they take the bullet-riddled body.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another History Channel stunt. How many episodes do you think they can drag this one out?

Three parts on Dillinger's life. One with the family, another with the FBI. Dig him up is one, two more with the autopsy. One with the big reveal. I'm calling the over-under at 9.

Top Bottom