• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well heck, just ask nicely that they stop lobbing rockets into Israel UNPROVOKED...
    I often wondered if “unprovoked,” gives way to “by design.” Who ultimately wins, by consolidating power during these routine issues, and who suffer? The Palestinian leadership will be where? Right where is is; and in Israel, wasn’t Bibi looking at the possibility of sharing power?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Those who had Christ executed were leaders of the temple who were not going to accept a challenge to their authority. Beyond religious leadership, these people were also the de facto political leadership of the people by virtue of being the only organization the Romans allowed.

This corrupt leadership does not change the fact that Israel is God's chosen people. The scripture says that through Christ we are grafted into their vine.

It also does not disparage the fact that the scripture indicates that Israel will exist as a nation in the end of the time before the return of Christ.

It also indicates that in the end times that those who call themselves jews are not jews but the synagogue of satan.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Those who had Christ executed were leaders of the temple who were not going to accept a challenge to their authority. Beyond religious leadership, these people were also the de facto political leadership of the people by virtue of being the only organization the Romans allowed.

This corrupt leadership does not change the fact that Israel is God's chosen people. The scripture says that through Christ we are grafted into their vine.

It also does not disparage the fact that the scripture indicates that Israel will exist as a nation in the end of the time before the return of Christ.
    Let me ask you a hard question. Will a Jewish person who completely adheres to their religion (Judaism) ascend into Heaven if Judgement was today?
    And I'm clear that being Jewish doesn't automatically default to following Judaism.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

That's not good optics for Germany.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let me ask you a hard question. Will a Jewish person who completely adheres to their religion (Judaism) ascend into Heaven if Judgement was today?
    And I'm clear that being Jewish doesn't automatically default to following Judaism.
    I would say that it is possible, as evidenced in the case of Abraham being counted righteous on account of believing God (as opposed to scrupulously following gb613 laws). I would prefer that my Jewish friends not hang their eternal life on that but I can't say that I can rule it out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would say that it is possible, as evidenced in the case of Abraham being counted righteous on account of believing God (as opposed to scrupulously following gb613 laws). I would prefer that my Jewish friends not hang their eternal life on that but I can't say that I can rule it out.
    Abraham existed before Jesus. Jewish people are aware of Christ, and of those who follow Judaism, they expressly reject him. How does that reconcile with our belief? Whereas I think you we can debate those who were never exposed to Christ, but the idea that persons who purposefully deny the divinity of Christ, are allowed everlasting glory, seems to contradict scripture in pretty large way. I myself am not worthy to pass judgement, but according to my beliefs that's something that God seems clear about. The acceptance of Christ.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You can’t have it both ways Dave. If you believe the PLO and Hamas are thugs and terrorists, then you can’t possibly believe that their system is free, fair, and everyone in the occupied territories agrees with them. A place with 6M souls and not a single noteworthy voice of dissent? C’mon now, even in Iran, you can find those people... but North Korea; everybody loves the Kims, right?
    Look at the history. They self-deported to facilitate an invasion to exterminate the Jews, and have been crying for ~70 years about ghd big bad Israelis making refugees out of them when they did it to themselves. They supported Arafat, whose solution was to exterminate the Jews. They voted in Hamas. They voluntarily report as directed to serve as human shields. In the end, I am convinced that they hate Israel more than they hate Hamas's sadistic demands and have no intention of bucking against it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Abraham existed before Jesus. Jewish people are aware of Christ, and of those who follow Judaism, they expressly reject him. How does that reconcile with our belief? Whereas I think you we can debate those who were never exposed to Christ, but the idea that persons who purposefully deny the divinity of Christ, are allowed everlasting glory, seems to contradict scripture in pretty large way. I myself am not worthy to pass judgement, but according to my beliefs that's something that God seems clear about. The acceptance of Christ.
    The issue largely turns on there being two different sets of prophecy regarding the Messiah, and the Jews skipped the first coming while expecting the second coming first.

I simply do not feel comfortable trying to sort out the unique relationship between God and Israel when I can see arguments both ways, and a different set of circumstances in the Jewish and non-Jewish relationships with God. I feel that it is out of my reach to have a definitive answer to the question.

Let me add that I can see Christ giving a definitive answer in saying "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That leads me to lean your way, but I am still left with that unique relationship unlike any other.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Look at the history. They self-deported to facilitate an invasion to exterminate the Jews, and have been crying for ~70 years about ghd big bad Israelis making refugees out of them when they did it to themselves. They supported Arafat, whose solution was to exterminate the Jews. They voted in Hamas. They voluntarily report as directed to serve as human shields. In the end, I am convinced that they hate Israel more than they hate Hamas's sadistic demands and have no intention of bucking against it.

There's a lot of pettiness going both ways in the affair. The Israeli government is considerably more mature about it than a lot of the citizens are.

It still remains my opinion that the world should sit on their hands and let both sides have at it once and for all, to end the ridiculous 2 state non-solution. Winner takes all.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There's a lot of pettiness going both ways in the affair. The Israeli government is considerably more mature about it than a lot of the citizens are.

It still remains my opinion that the world should sit on their hands and let both sides have at it once and for all, to end the ridiculous 2 state non-solution. Winner takes all.
    Sounds nice, but Russia is in bed with Syria, Saudi Arabia, which could flatline the $US sympathizes with the Palestinians, China sure as hell isn't going to stay out, and the most likely outcome will be World War III.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So if it doesn't matter then why does it matter now to you and why pick on Israel when you can see local state and federal government do the same here?

Was he the one complaining about the racist roots of I-40 since it passed through black neighborhoods, or am I thinking of someone else?

And yet there's no issue with the instance you cite, or those whose homes were submerged by the TVA as another example. (See here: https://www.tva.com/about-tva/our-history/built-for-the-people/the-lost-towns-of-pickwick)

Surely the demographics of those involved has nothing to do with that stance.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They supported Arafat, whose solution was to exterminate the Jews.
    That’s a pretty big generalization to make since he’s been dead for 17 years. Most of those that are actually doing the fighting right now probably weren’t old enough when he was around to remember him.

that would be like saying that Democrats in the US supported the KKK. I mean sure they did once upon a time but most dems are too young or uneducated to know about that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That’s a pretty big generalization to make since he’s been dead for 17 years. Most of those that are actually doing the fighting right now probably weren’t old enough when he was around to remember him.

that would be like saying that Democrats in the US supported the KKK. I mean sure they did once upon a time but most dems are too young or uneducated to know about that.
    Context please. This is not limited to any particular time. The Palestinians operated this way in 1948, 1968, 1988, and in the present. You would have to show a break in continuity for tour position to work.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    The issue largely turns on there being two different sets of prophecy regarding the Messiah, and the Jews skipped the first coming while expecting the second coming first.

I simply do not feel comfortable trying to sort out the unique relationship between God and Israel when I can see arguments both ways, and a different set of circumstances in the Jewish and non-Jewish relationships with God. I feel that it is out of my reach to have a definitive answer to the question.

Let me add that I can see Christ giving a definitive answer in saying "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That leads me to lean your way, but I am still left with that unique relationship unlike any other.

Acts 4:12​

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

Matthew 7:23​

“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

Philippians 2

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

It`s extremely clear, and there can be NO question whatsoever, that Jesus IS Lord, and no matter one`s lineage, unless one believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, unless one is born again, they simply cannot enter the Kingdom of heaven.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    IF people understood the Church as the New Israel instead of a modern day political entity, there wouldn't be any need for discussions about the state of Israel and the Palestinians.

Top Bottom