• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It`s extremely clear, and there can be NO question whatsoever, that Jesus IS Lord, and no matter one`s lineage, unless one believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, unless one is born again, they simply cannot enter the Kingdom of heaven.

Unless you're a jew, and legitimately so. If they keep the 613 commandments, then they are clear.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Context please. This is not limited to any particular time. The Palestinians operated this way in 1948, 1968, 1988, and in the present. You would have to show a break in continuity for tour position to work.
    The context is that everyone who fought in 48 is dead, many who fought in 68 are dead and most who are fighting today probably weren’t even alive in 88. The vast majority of Palestinians alive today didn’t choose Arafat or the policies that his legacy left.

These are just people trying to live under the very poor hand of cards they got dealt. They aren’t allowed to travel freely, they have limited legal rights and nothing resembling a fair and impartial justice system. The lack of justice system or legal rights inevitably leads to violence because when a man has no protection from the courtship often ends up feeling he has to make his own justice.

perhaps if anyone wanted a real solution they would focus on why the Palestinians choose to accept help from Iran and Hamas. From my very limited understanding of Islam Palestinians and Iranians are different sects and shouldn’t be getting along.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    IF people understood the Church as the New Israel instead of a modern day political entity, there wouldn't be any need for discussions about the state of Israel and the Palestinians.
    Christ`s Church is His bride. His bride/Church are those who are born again, those who have believed upon Him, and trust Him alone, and His work on the cross, for their salvation.

Even though the Jews are God`s chosen people, even a Jew must accept Jesus Christ as Messiah in order to be saved. It`s that simple and that complex all at once.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The context is that everyone who fought in 48 is dead, many who fought in 68 are dead and most who are fighting today probably weren’t even alive in 88. The vast majority of Palestinians alive today didn’t choose Arafat or the policies that his legacy left.

These are just people trying to live under the very poor hand of cards they got dealt. They aren’t allowed to travel freely, they have limited legal rights and nothing resembling a fair and impartial justice system. The lack of justice system or legal rights inevitably leads to violence because when a man has no protection from the courtship often ends up feeling he has to make his own justice.

perhaps if anyone wanted a real solution they would focus on why the Palestinians choose to accept help from Iran and Hamas. From my very limited understanding of Islam Palestinians and Iranians are different sects and shouldn’t be getting along.
    First, you completely missed thd point. The participants may have changed, but each fresh batch of kindergarten aged children are introduced to the same thoughts held by their parents and grandparents. The indoctrination hasn't changed.

Second, you could convert Gaza into a giant luxury resort and iisn't t going to stop the hatred. Just look at what happened recently. The Palestinians were given a significant amount of aid courtesy of Biden. Did they use it to better the lives of their people? **** no. They bought rockets.

Third, you said:

The vast majority of Palestinians alive today didn’t choose Arafat or the policies that his legacy left.

Yes they did. They chose it when they voted for Hamas.

Fourth, you apparently don't understand Moslems. They have an old proverb that translates, "I fight with my brothers. My brothers and I fight our cousins. My brothers and cousins and I fight others."

This translates into modern politics in a very real way. A shiite will back a sunni against a non-Moslem every time, even though they are too far apart to truly get along. A Persian will hold an Arab in disdain but will be cordial and of course fight against outsidrrs for the Arab Moslem.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Right. Every citizen. Citizenship is obviously strictly controlled in Israel. How about those persons in Gaza and the West Bank of about 6 million? Those places, while somewhat autonomous, still live and die on the whims of Israel. It’s essentially the biggest concentration camp in the world. The can’t leave nor can they import goods without Israel’s approval? How many people there don’t sympathize with the ruling regime, but are forced to endure it? Why doesn’t Israel simply absorb it all? I’d have no issue if Israel sent in their military, cleaned house, and allow those people to have their freedom. Until that happens, IMO, the Palestinians have a legitimate gripe about their treatment.

Here are a few photos of your "biggest concentration camp in the world".
    *They live under the direct control of either hamas or the PA/PLO. If they don't have freedom it's because they live under fascist, terrorist regimes, not because they're ruled by Israel.
    *gaza also has a border with egypt. the arabs living in the areas of the 'west bank' DO travel to jordan and beyond
    *There's a state of war, why do you expect Israel to allow unrestricted importation when that would include things like missiles? Amazing double standard
    *You ask "Why doesn't Israel simply absorb it all?"--are you sober?
    1)If Israel simply annexes Jewish communities in Judea&Samaria people and gov'ts far and wide will say it's illegal, so if Israel annexes the arab communities too then you'll all approve?
    2)Did you run that idea by the arabs--who aspire to destroy Israel, not be governed by it?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

*They live under the direct control of either hamas or the PA/PLO. If they don't have freedom it's because they live under fascist, terrorist regimes, not because they're ruled by Israel.
    *gaza also has a border with egypt. the arabs living in the areas of the 'west bank' DO travel to jordan and beyond
    *There's a state of war, why do you expect Israel to allow unrestricted importation when that would include things like missiles? Amazing double standard
    1)If Israel simply annexes Jewish communities in Judea&Samaria people and gov'ts far and wide will say it's illegal, so if Israel annexes the arab communities too then you'll all approve?
    2)Did you run that idea by the arabs--who aspire to destroy Israel, not be governed by it?
    Some people just don't get it.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Thank you for that. "Law of Return," is what it is called. 1948. Jews expelled from Jordanian (now Israeli) portions of Israel. At the same time 700K Palestinian were going the other way.... and another 300K in 1967. Do they have rights to the lands they were expelled or fled from? Convince me why it should work one way, and not the other.
    You're conflating things. the "law of return" simply says that any Jew can immediately receive citizenship. The issue with some homes in sheikh jarrah is a matter of squatters refusing to leave homes they don't have title to; homes Jews were expelled from by the jordanian army.
    Just as there were 750K arab refugees as a result of losing their attempt at genocide and ethnic cleansing, there were 850K Jews who were driven out of their homes from morrocco to iraq. The arabs wouldn't let them come back and no Jew would want to go back since they'd be in danger (just look at what moslems have been doing to Christians there). As for Israel, it doesn't need 100s of thousands of enemies "in the wire". This conflict is one of those religious/tribal conflicts where there is often "population transfer" because coexistence isn't possible. India and Pakistan are an example of that. Like I've pointed out again and again, the conflict isn't about land and sovereignty for arabs but about destroying Israel to deny those things to Jews for the sake of moslem supremacy

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Why do they call the area the Occupied Territories?
    True or false. Israel does not recognize the area as an independent state, but rather calls it a "territorial dispute" area?
    Who makes the ultimate determination concerning legal commerce in the OTs?
    Do the people of Gaza have access to airports or seaports?
    Can the Palestinians in the OTs have complete freedom of movement?

So your excuses don't seem to pan out. Yes the PA/PLO are the things you said, and Israel allows it to be that way; akin to a corrupt police officer allowing a mobster to work a neighborhood. Both are culpable.

Gaza's "open" border with Egypt, is based on an agreement in which Israel has oversight does it not?

"State of war," is a valid excuse for a restriction on importation. How long has the war you're speaking about being going on, and at what point does one start to question the motives for the continuation of that "war?"

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It also indicates that in the end times that those who call themselves jews are not jews but the synagogue of satan.
    I'd ask if you borrowed that phrase from louis farrakhan but "you" have been calling us that for 2000years.

Review numbers; 24:9

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd ask if you borrowed that phrase from louis farrakhan but "you" have been calling us that for 2000years.

Review numbers; 24:9
    I do not share Tombs sentiment. I have no issue with the Jewish people, and believe Israel has a right to exist. I simply think that the Israeli govt is not what it should be in relation to it's treatment of the Palestinians.

Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    Who invented genocide? According to the Bible it was Jews(under gods order). BTW I had to type every frickin letter of “genocide”. Spell check had a problem with it. Hmm.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Why do they call the area the Occupied Territories?
    True or false. Israel does not recognize the area as an independent state, but rather calls it a "territorial dispute" area?
    Who makes the ultimate determination concerning legal commerce in the OTs?
    Do the people of Gaza have access to airports or seaports?
    Can the Palestinians in the OTs have complete freedom of movement?

So your excuses don't seem to pan out. Yes the PA/PLO are the things you said, and Israel allows it to be that way; akin to a corrupt police officer allowing a mobster to work a neighborhood. Both are culpable.

Gaza's "open" border with Egypt, is based on an agreement in which Israel has oversight does it not?

"State of war," is a valid excuse for a restriction on importation. How long has the war you're speaking about being going on, and at what point does one start to question the motives for the continuation of that "war?"
    And who calls it the occupied territories? How about Yehuda&Shomron?
    Truth: BOTH sides see the conflict as unresolved and the territory in dispute--"from the river to sea" as the arabs put it
    Within areas controlled by hamas and the PA, they control commerce
    There is no airport in gaza. There is a seaport and the Israeli navy directs civilian shipping through Ashkelon because the iranians, turkish IHH etc try to smuggle weapons into gaza. reasonable and legal per rules of war.
    I don't recall Israel having any control at egypt's border with gaza. In any case, the only restrictions are on military equipment.
    Israel does screen arab traffic through areas under Israeli control because of terrorist attacks on civilians...but you knew that.

You're blaming Israel for the arab leaders in gaza and the "w. bank"??? And HOW would Israel disallow them from being corrupt thugocracies--military force? Israel shoots back at hamas and even that is condemned--especially by arabs

Again, this war is one of those religious/tribal conflicts that are open-ended. Motives? Aside from buying missiles and paying bounties for murdered Jews, those thugocracies siphon off a lot foreign aid for swiss bank accounts.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I do not share Tombs sentiment. I have no issue with the Jewish people, and believe Israel has a right to exist. I simply think that the Israeli govt is not what it should be in relation to it's treatment of the Palestinians.
    There's no shortage of things *I* don't like about the Israeli government. Having said that, most of the criticism of Israel regarding the arab-Israeli conflict amounts to slander and double standards fed by groups like BDS to people who don't have any historical perspective or knowledge

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There's no shortage of things *I* don't like about the Israeli government. Having said that, most of the criticism of Israel regarding the arab-Israeli conflict amounts to slander and double standards fed by groups like BDS to people who don't have any historical perspective or knowledge
    And who calls it the occupied territories? How about Yehuda&Shomron?
    Truth: BOTH sides see the conflict as unresolved and the territory in dispute--"from the river to sea" as the arabs put it
    Within areas controlled by hamas and the PA, they control commerce
    There is no airport in gaza. There is a seaport and the Israeli navy directs civilian shipping through Ashkelon because the iranians, turkish IHH etc try to smuggle weapons into gaza. reasonable and legal per rules of war.
    I don't recall Israel having any control at egypt's border with gaza. In any case, the only restrictions are on military equipment.
    Israel does screen arab traffic through areas under Israeli control because of terrorist attacks on civilians...but you knew that.

You're blaming Israel for the arab leaders in gaza and the "w. bank"??? And HOW would Israel disallow them from being corrupt thugocracies--military force? Israel shoots back at hamas and even that is condemned--especially by arabs

Again, this war is one of those religious/tribal conflicts that are open-ended. Motives? Aside from buying missiles and paying bounties for murdered Jews, those thugocracies siphon off a lot foreign aid for swiss bank accounts.
    Yes, if Israel has any administrative powers over the OTs (and I think we can agree they have a significant amount), then IMO, they are on the hook for the plight of the persons living there. No modern nation on the planet can expect to thrive without autonomous shipping, flight access, power, and freedom of movement. Now yes, it’s obvious why Israel restricts those things... but their inaction to remedy the issue, which I believe is by design, makes them complicit.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, if Israel has any administrative powers over the OTs (and I think we can agree they have a significant amount), then IMO, they are on the hook for the plight of the persons living there. No modern nation on the planet can expect to thrive without autonomous shipping, flight access, power, and freedom of movement. Now yes, it’s obvious why Israel restricts those things... but their inaction to remedy the issue, which I believe is by design, makes them complicit.
    You're packing a lot of baggage on top of the Israeli efforts to interdict weapons.

Top Bottom