• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    One clarification: I think Musk would be interested in the traditional Disney that makes and owns movies and runs family parks, not the ESPN, ABC, and all that other stuff. Se that going to another bidder as they break it up.
    Just made easier, it seems...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just made easier, it seems...

WOW! I had no idea just how much was under the Disney umbrella.

1707406361761.jpeg

• ABC
    • ESPN (80% stake)
    • Touchstone Pictures
    • Marvel
    • Lucasfilm
    • A&E (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
    • The History Channel (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
    • Lifetime (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
    • Pixar
    • Hollywood Records
    • Vice Media (10% stake)
    • Core Publishing
    “Besides these, there are also the more obvious companies: Disney television channels, Disney stores, Disney radio stations, and Disney parks (including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, Disney Cruise Line, and a host of other vacation-related properties). Their parks and properties tend to be the corporation’s biggest cash cows.”

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I’ll chalk this one up to “who cares?”

Assuming the dude was playing the character dutifully, was passable as an evil queen, and wasn’t pulling a Biden or sexualizing the role it’s just theater.

Otherwise we start heading down the road of only gays can play gay roles, handicapped can only play handicapped roles, etc.

There is a dude online I’ve seen that does spectacular Disney “princess” cosplays and he is fabulous at it. In fact better than some of the actual female princess actresses I’ve seen.

As long as they are convincing and are playing the role properly I don’t care.

Now I DO have a problem with some of the cast members they’ve hired. Snow White wasn’t 300lbs, Cinderella wasn’t Black, and NO princesses had facial hair. It’s the diversity hiring I’ve got a problem with. Sorry, not everybody can do all jobs.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Assuming the dude was playing the character dutifully, was passable as an evil queen, and wasn’t pulling a Biden or sexualizing the role it’s just theater.

Otherwise we start heading down the road of only gays can play gay roles, handicapped can only play handicapped roles, etc.

There is a dude online I’ve seen that does spectacular Disney “princess” cosplays and he is fabulous at it. In fact better than some of the actual female princess actresses I’ve seen.

As long as they are convincing and are playing the role properly I don’t care.

Now I DO have a problem with some of the cast members they’ve hired. Snow White wasn’t 300lbs, Cinderella wasn’t Black, and NO princesses had facial hair. It’s the diversity hiring I’ve got a problem with. Sorry, not everybody can do all jobs.
    Why can't Cinderella be black? It's fantasy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why can't Cinderella be black? It's fantasy.
    Because the character is white.

Should we do a remake of the princess and the frog and make Tiana white instead?

Or remake the movie Brave and make her of Norwegian descent instead of Irish?

(No, of course)

If you want to cast minorities, write new stories with minorities in them. Dont remake a story and make substitutions.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Because the character is white.

Should we do a remake of the princess and the frog and make Tiana white instead?

Or remake the movie Brave and make her of Norwegian descent instead of Irish?

(No, of course)

If you want to cast minorities, write new stories with minorities in them. Dont remake a story and make substitutions.
    So...you're saying only whites can play white roles?

'Coz I thought you said:

As long as they are convincing and are playing the role properly I don’t care...

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Snow white needs to remain white because that's how the story was written, whether on screen, stage or in books. SHE should also not have a penis, whether visible, suspected or previously removed.
    But CM said the penis part on female characters was a "who cares?"

Top Bottom