• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    yep, fines and loss of license, and increase their insurance! Yes, that will get them to behave!
    Brother, that stuff works as deterrent for us, the law-abiding working people.
    These are criminals, who don’t even have licenses, so they could care less. If they are even hauled to jail, they will be released within hours, and continue.
    I know a large percentage of the cars used in these things are stolen or “borrowed from my aunties cousin’s niece “ but confiscation and crushing might slow them down some. Also loss of license and maybe picking up trash along the roads might be of some deterrent.
    I pray we don’t get the ATV and dirt bike gangs running amuck! :oldwise::bat:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think most of y’all are looking at this wrong! These idiots should be encouraged, maybe designate a certain street or intersection each weekend, put the word out on social media for everyone to attend.

Between the shootings and the drooling brain dead spectators getting ran over, it’ll eventually fade away, and just think of all the awesome videos of the carnage! Tiktok, facebook, instagram, YouTube, they’ll all be absolutely loaded with hilarious videos!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'd be more in favor of allowing the police to teach these kids what their mothers never did but that doesn't sit well with pretty much anyone who hasn't worn a badge lol.
    Well yeah I could support that!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't see that around here, must not work well on gravel roads.;)
    There you go a real solution. Gravel all roads! You could get democrats to pass it in a single day if you made it so they had to hire Union labor...each one of which was to place a single rock and make the contract good for 100 years. It would be worth billions in government contracts, create jobs, and boost local and government GDP. Win, Win?

Side note I live on a gravel road.
    Is gravel better for global warming, it does not take oil to make? I mean we could really get this done with the trillion+ Biden green energy push!

Last edited:

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I think most of y’all are looking at this wrong! These idiots should be encouraged, maybe designate a certain street or intersection each weekend, put the word out on social media for everyone to attend.

Between the shootings and the drooling brain dead spectators getting ran over, it’ll eventually fade away, and just think of all the awesome videos of the carnage! Tiktok, facebook, instagram, YouTube, they’ll all be absolutely loaded with hilarious videos!
    Video # 1 of idiots in action ..........................

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've done my part, bought out all the drug dealers that lived on our road and canned up everything. No trash or meeting high speed traffic when you turn off the highway to go home.
    I thought I was going to be able to buy mine out this past tax sale. She got caught up just in the nick of time.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Don't see that around here, must not work well on gravel roads.;)
    Well, the back roads of Starke County are ripe with the nuts racing and tearing up the gravel roads at all tmes of the day, but mostly at night.
    The sheriff has, on many occasions, pulled cars and trucks out of the trees along my road due to the drunk, or high, idiots racing or doing spinouts.
    Doesn't seem to matter though, they just keep coming back.
    Shake my head in amazement.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Well, the back roads of Starke County are ripe with the nuts racing and tearing up the gravel roads at all tmes of the day, but mostly at night.
    The sheriff has, on many occasions, pulled cars and trucks out of the trees along my road due to the drunk, or high, idiots racing or doing spinouts.

I've spent some time in Starke county, you guys have some serious ditches along some of the roads. Down here it's ravines and trees.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I was one of those idiots in my high school days in Scott Co. Hill jumping, where you have your buddy drive ahead of you to make sure there is no traffic coming the other way then drive as fast as your balls and motor allow to try and get a little air at the top of the hill. Sitting on the door ledge through the open window of a car doing some 80mph+. We were pretty sure we were the Dukes of Hazzard, just with a Gran Torino.

Some kids in the class behind me died when they flipped their truck. Tie rod broke on landing is what I heard at the time.

What we *didn't* do is shut down streets, annoy other people, endanger people who hadn't volunteered to participate, etc. We were morons, sure, but most teens are with their soft little forebrains and lack of understanding of consequences of a permanent nature. Adults should know better.

Dim Mak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    Colorado is upping their dumb game on so many levels. No Trump on the ballot, wolves being released and idiots losing their spines from other idiots at takeovers.

California 2.0

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not completely sure how I feel about this. I certainly see where these street takeovers are a nuisance and can be destructive to private and public property. Obviously, the fools who are engaging in these "spinning"aka donuts are out of control by a complete lack of common sense and have zero good judgement. Especially the idiots crowding the cars and hanging out of the cars. And from what I've seen in videos, most don't seem to be very skilled drivers.
    However, there seems to be many who keep calling this "Street racing". This BS is not at all what I would call street racing.
    Street racing is usually two parties meeting and going to an area of road where you race for an agreed upon sum of money. Usually it's a drag race of either an 1/8 or 1/4 mile race. Generally speaking it's a completely different type of people compared to the idiots seen in the takeover videos. Yes, there are some idiots who put the public more at risk by picking populated area to do stupid things. Most street racers have actually paid for their **** and have put in time working on their **** and don't make a production of their activities. Now that I've gotten older, I most likely wouldn't participate in such activities.
    Here's why I'm on the fence. This isn't a new problem at all and really is the same old song and dance issue. The message is if you want to race (drag race, drift etc) take it to a track and not the streets. But, how many of you really have any idea what it costs when you go to the track and have to meet a sanctioning body's guidelines and rules? Show up at a track with a modified car and depending how fast it is you get told don't bring it back until you've done X,Y and Z. I can tell you first hand, it pushes many people back out onto the street because they can't afford it. Not to mention people who buy up land next to an existing track and then complain (just like they do ranges) until they are shut down or have a noise curfew etc.

If you engage in these activities, you own whatever consequences come if something goes wrong. If you are habitually caught, then maybe there needs to be a stiffer penalty. But, I don't agree with seizing and auctioning people's cars. Especially not for a first or second time offender. Unless maybe it resulted in damages then maybe to pay for those damages.

I know many people with street cars that are perfectly legal, but all it would take is an overzealous cop to pull them over and impound and seize their ride when nothing illegal was being done. I've got true stories

Top Bottom