• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I went to the show this morning. There were a lot of firearms; lots of older Colt revolvers, lots of military surplus firearms, decent amount of law enforcement-marked handguns, and good deals to be had all around. I am glad I went to this show, can't wait for the next one

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I bought a 3 day ticket. Popped in for a little bit Fri & Sat for some Vertx gear and a new smaller sized battle belt. I ended up buying a Walther PPQ 22LR from my buddies Rick & Eli at the Buckshot Sporting Goods booth. I had not gone expecting to buy a pistol but have been going through "no gun withdrawal" for ~6 months now. What a fun little pistol when wearing a suppressor!!!

I never made it back there today. Probably a good thing $$$!!!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went Friday afternoon because of my army weekend. I usually prefer going on Sundays because nobody's going to really deal at 2:30 on Friday, lol. As usual I saw some good deals just nothing I was really looking for or that I had to have. I saw some pretty good prices on older Smith revolvers and saw quite a few Winchester 94's now for decent prices. I don't mind the 20.00 I usually look for used guns anyway so you never know what you are going to find. If I can find something I want I don't mind the 20.00 if I got it for example on Gunbroker i'd have to pay shipping and transfer fee anyway. Often it's just a couple hours of entertainment so I don't mind.

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    ACME had a few booths around, and had BY FAR the best prices for AR pistols, side charge pistols, etc. I know, I know, it's their "build" and doesn't say Springfield on it. But I just don't/can't understand why these vendors refuse to budge on their prices. One vendor (maybe reading this?) has had the same Saint Victor in 5.56 for sale for it seems like a year. I've offered him $900 cash, and he just points at the price tag of well over $1000. Pffffftttttt. I mean it's starting to get scuff marks on the rail from people picking it up and putting down. There were quite a few booths that had reasonable prices, but jeez, most of these guys are WAY over priced. Does any one know if the fairgrounds are charging more for booths to the point where these guys can't come down? Also the room furthest south had a lot of empty tables. Maybe again because of booth rent?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That's awesome! Where the hell was that booth? I need to hang with you next show.

Pretty sure he was referencing grabagun.com as the place he ordered. They don't have a booth at the 1500.

True and Correct! I was a little leary at first given the "humorous" name so a little research, a couple of questions to the panel of experts here at INGO and I placed the order. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow but I'm not sure how long it'll take the FFL to process it and call me so probably pick it up Thursday.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    ACME had a few booths around, and had BY FAR the best prices for AR pistols, side charge pistols, etc. I know, I know, it's their "build" and doesn't say Springfield on it. But I just don't/can't understand why these vendors refuse to budge on their prices. One vendor (maybe reading this?) has had the same Saint Victor in 5.56 for sale for it seems like a year. I've offered him $900 cash, and he just points at the price tag of well over $1000. Pffffftttttt. I mean it's starting to get scuff marks on the rail from people picking it up and putting down. There were quite a few booths that had reasonable prices, but jeez, most of these guys are WAY over priced. Does any one know if the fairgrounds are charging more for booths to the point where these guys can't come down? Also the room furthest south had a lot of empty tables. Maybe again because of booth rent?

The fairgrounds doesn't set the price of the booths. The show promoter does. It costs $100 per 8 foot table and has been that way for at least the last 7 years now.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Next 1500 is in March and I am going to try and go for a little bit as long as me and my oxygen can get by all the smokers by the doors.
    If not I guess we will all blow up.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    oxygen is not flammable, so that should not be a problem

Fire requires heat, fuel, and an oxidizing agent. An oxygen tank is quite the oxidizing agent.

Oxygen itself isn't flammable, but it can make other substances that are not particularly flammable (like a person) highly combustible.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Fire requires heat, fuel, and an oxidizing agent. An oxygen tank is quite the oxidizing agent.

Oxygen itself isn't flammable, but it can make other substances that are not particularly flammable (like a person) highly combustible.

Absolutely TRUE, but you would be amazed at how many people (including hospital workers) SWEAR that oxygen IS flammable

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Absolutely TRUE, but you would be amazed at how many people (including hospital workers) SWEAR that oxygen IS flammable

They say oxygen is flammable, and that is incorrect, but they are communicating that an oxygen tank is dangerous to have around an open flame. Their words are wrong, but their message is helpful.

And then I hear people suggest that an oxygen tank is unsafe around open flames (such as Knife Lady said in her post), and there are people who feel compelled to share that oxygen isn't itself flammable. The words are true, but the messages is misleading.

That oxygen is not flammable doesn't mean that it's safe to have around people who are smoking, and implying such is potentially harmful.

Top Bottom