• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    All I need to know about the status/quality of the show anymore is the lack of chatter here on this forum. Its been open for couple hours and we havent heard the first status report. Didnt used to be that way.

bmiller07

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    First time at the 1500

I’ll be honest, this was my first Indy 1500 show and I don’t think I’ll be back. I got there at 230 and left at 4. I was looking for a Glock 20 and literally found 1 overpriced Glock 20 out of all the dealers. If I had to say how many gun booths there are it would be between 15-20, most of the other booths are knives, holsters, military surplus and bulk ammo/reload supplies. The only thing I would say is if I wanted bulk ammo then I would go on Sunday. There was also a lot of older long guns and revolvers so if that is what you’re looking for then you should probably head over there.

8shot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    How's this $12.00 entry, $8.00 parking, Hambuger 9.75, Tenderloin 9.75, Not joking, pop 5.00, Way overpriced new guns as well as used older guns, Traffic Sucked, Started to rain about 15 minutes before opening long line and they wouldn't open early to get people in. I am done.

bmiller07

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    8shot I agree, glad I wasn’t the only one frustrated. I went in with pretty high expectations and $1100 in my pocket, planned to buy a few guns and accessories, haggle a little maybe trade a little etc, I left with $1080 and no purchases. I guess my expectations for a gun show are gonna have to drop quite a bit for me to enjoy it.

dam7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    fort wayne
    Thanks for your honest review. I live in Fort Wayne and used to enjoy going to the 1500 as the FW show ceased being a gun show years ago. But with $20.00 just to,get in then add the cost of gas and the 3 1/2 hour windshield time not sure it's worth the trip. FW now,has a,number of good local dealers , such as ZX guns , RK guns , Sportsman Warehouse etc to choose from the $50.00 just to get in the door at the 1500 may not be worth it. I do miss,the Zwicks jerky though.

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    I'll be there looking for some enforcer powder and V110 powder pluss some AR parts . Saturday . Anybody see any on Friday ?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    All I need to know about the status/quality of the show anymore is the lack of chatter here on this forum. Its been open for couple hours and we havent heard the first status report. Didnt used to be that way.

No, its because so many bought such a **** load of guns and ammo under Obama that we honestly don't know what we'd do with any more. Some of us think more about selling off our next gun rather than buying one.

It'll change the next time a Democrat is elected. That's just a fact. Wait and see.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    How's this $12.00 entry, $8.00 parking, Hambuger 9.75, Tenderloin 9.75, Not joking, pop 5.00, Way overpriced new guns as well as used older guns, Traffic Sucked, Started to rain about 15 minutes before opening long line and they wouldn't open early to get people in. I am done.

Yes, and there's that. I can also find what I want and then some at my local gun stores for better prices. When people's wallets open back up, the vendors will come, though. It'll happen again as the pendulum swings. I hope it is later than sooner, but it'll happen.

bmiller07

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I'll be there looking for some enforcer powder and V110 powder pluss some AR parts . Saturday . Anybody see any on Friday ?

Not sure about the powder because there was only a couple booths selling reload equipment which I wasn’t interested in so didn’t care to look but I know for sure there was a lot of AR parts, uppers, lowers etc.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be pointing the car in that direction in 30 minutes or so. Working the NRA (NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA) booth I look to hear a lot about SB 203 since that's the one that's getting press. People are paying attention, that's good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll be pointing the car in that direction in 30 minutes or so. Working the NRA (NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA) booth I look to hear a lot about SB 203 since that's the one that's getting press. People are paying attention, that's good.

I really like the fact you are well versed and out front on these issues Kelly. You are an advocate to our cause. Many thanks to you and those who are with you in this.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I really like the fact you are well versed and out front on these issues Kelly. You are an advocate to our cause. Many thanks to you and those who are with you in this.

Thank you, brother. Listening to the rain coming down I may take the boat today, possibly the ark :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We (Ingo) used to have a strong presence at the 1500. That is where a lot of the chatter came from.
    Times/people change. It got to be impossible to find enough help to actually man the booth. It feel onto myself Kelly in avon and 1 other Mod. So we just pulled the plug.
    I came to know a lot of the vendors through Ingo and our presence at the show. It was a great social event for me and Kelly.
    The $20 bill just to get in is OK with me if I choose to go. Just seeing friends and looking around is fine if the time was available. Its not.

It was a great time doing that booth. Even meeting a couple of people that had no love for the mouse.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We (Ingo) used to have a strong presence at the 1500. That is where a lot of the chatter came from.
    Times/people change. It got to be impossible to find enough help to actually man the booth. It feel onto myself Kelly in avon and 1 other Mod. So we just pulled the plug.
    I came to know a lot of the vendors through Ingo and our presence at the show. It was a great social event for me and Kelly.
    The $20 bill just to get in is OK with me if I choose to go. Just seeing friends and looking around is fine if the time was available. Its not.

It was a great time doing that booth. Even meeting a couple of people that had no love for the mouse.
    I miss those days, from the traditional breakfast with CM, to play in spot a zombie. Work in the NRA booth I have to bring my A game. In the Ingo booth it was more like just keep your head on a swivel for whoever CM band lately

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the 1500. We’re in our usual spot next to the exit, and the big noisy air handler. Revolver tactical is down the aisle about three force the way from the main entrance. Come in, check your firearm, take a left. ZX guns is across the way from us on the south side of the pavilion. As usual, I can never find bobcat steel.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Say it ain't so!

[video=youtube;3Re7vtxTqpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Re7vtxTqpg[/video]

(I was just looking for Mikey's "Say it ain't so" but this is a great scene.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom