• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The wife and I stopped by literally for a few minutes since we were at the fairgrounds for the garbage sale. We haven't been in years for all the usual reasons and other than the highlight of meeting Kellyinavon it was a total bust. Most of the aisles are so narrow that if you have one person on each side of the aisle stop to look at something everything grinds to a halt! I looked at two Ruger AR Pistols but with a MSRP of $899 and a "show special" price of $799 I believe I'll give Grabagun.com a shot at $539 plus transfer.

We walked about six aisles or tried to and I just gave up and headed for the exit. The guy with the M60 was sitting on a bench answering everybody's questions as we walked by but it was cool to see. I have to say that John Rambo looks nothing in person like he does in his documentary's though!:ar15:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The wife and I stopped by literally for a few minutes since we were at the fairgrounds for the garbage sale. We haven't been in years for all the usual reasons and other than the highlight of meeting Kellyinavon it was a total bust. Most of the aisles are so narrow that if you have one person on each side of the aisle stop to look at something everything grinds to a halt! I looked at two Ruger AR Pistols but with a MSRP of $899 and a "show special" price of $799 I believe I'll give Grabagun.com a shot at $539 plus transfer.

We walked about six aisles or tried to and I just gave up and headed for the exit. The guy with the M60 was sitting on a bench answering everybody's questions as we walked by but it was cool to see. I have to say that John Rambo looks nothing in person like he does in his documentary's though!:ar15:
    Thank you for not including me in the total bust part

Kirk Freeman stopped by.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Slowing down finally. There are still quite a few people here. Signed up a bunch of new members today so that’s a good thing.

Saw a lot of the AR in a box kits go out the door.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    It has been 2 or 3 years since i have been to the 1500, mainly went in search of milsurp firearms and ammo, now that prices have went thru the roof on most of it, i keep it local and some internet, 8 dollars to park and 12 to get in and finding nothing has turned me off to the 1500. and thats all i got to say bout that:laugh:

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    It sure was busy, but the show has changed quite a bit over the past 5 years. 5 years ago all the little side rooms and the entryways had vendors packed into them. Now there is lots of open space and only the one little room to the north is used. I dont see why the aisles need to be so narrow if there is an entire row gone from the south side.

I usually go to stock up on reloading stuff. Only a couple of vendors with anything you would consider a selection of powder or bullets. Bobcat Steel is one that usually gets some of my money, which was the case today. ET Brass, who has all the Lee stuff, wasnt there and looks like they wont be this year becuase the Ohio Gun Collectors meeting is the same weekend everytime this year.

Only one vendor with steel targets at this show too, and maybe one or two others with paper targets.

Usuallynone or two vendors are there with cleaning stuff and tools - brushes, rods, jags, etc. Was hoping to pick up a bore lite, but I didnt see one and as someone else mentioned, it was difficult at times to see what folks had.

Was glad to Dr. Atomic back, as he wasnt at the last few I had made it to.

I wonder if the other shows this weekend (Elkhart, Seymour, Martinsville and The OGCA) had anything to do with some vendors not being there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Just got home. Wow!! A super busy show. Gotta say I enjoy it to a point, great selection but you do pay for it...

Looks to me that the new Python brought some other colt revolvers out of hiding. I haven’t seen that many Colts at a show in a while, and that’s pretty much all I look for. Saw 2 new Pythons, I’ll let the super fans pay the premium for the first round...
    What was the Asking on the New Pythons ,

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Gotta say I was a bit disappointed.
    Went there in hopes of selling a shotty and picking up a m&p9c
    Didn't see a 9c. I did see a cool hunting style knife I should have bought but didn't.

Had a few lookie lous on the shotty.
    I was selling it for 150. One guy wouldn't stop asking me what size shells it took. 12gauge dude I don't know.
    Then he tried to talk me down to $100 3 times and when I declined th third time. He said something to the effect of "well hell just over there I can buy one brand new for $100"

So I suggested he go buy that one.

It was also the first time I've ever seen those micro conversion kits for pistols that was pretty cool. Might need to pick on of those up at some point.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    A real M-60 over his shoulder, WOW !
    I used to do that too, back when I was nineteen working for my Uncle Samuel.
    Steel pot, rucksack, pistol belt with a .45 and two canteens, with endless strolls, under the sun, and two belts of xtra ammo around my neck.
    Every now and then I got to shoot it.
    Even had a name for mine, the "PIG".

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    A real M-60 over his shoulder, WOW !
    I used to do that too, back when I was nineteen working for my Uncle Samuel.
    Steel pot, rucksack, pistol belt with a .45 and two canteens, with endless strolls, under the sun, and two belts of xtra ammo around my neck.
    Every now and then I got to shoot it.
    Even had a name for mine, the "PIG".

Nice name for her Steel.!! I was looking at the small RV show today and decided to walk around the corner and just stick my head in but it was $12 for three of us and it was around 2:30, they closed at 4. I’ll pass.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bought 2 knives, a charging handle, cover for an optic, couple of AR-10 mags and a bunch of EPM mags . . . or is that just EPMs? In case I run into a mess of M855A1 some day.

Spyderco McBee and Benchmade Pocket Rocket

81795977_10221551479601964_7293788701304291328_o.jpg

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bought 2 knives, a charging handle, cover for an optic, couple of AR-10 mags and a bunch of EPM mags . . . or is that just EPMs? In case I run into a mess of M855A1 some day.

Spyderco McBee and Benchmade Pocket Rocket

81795977_10221551479601964_7293788701304291328_o.jpg

No spam cans this time? Some dudes Gary knows stashed a huge box of ammo in the booth for a while yesterday. This seems to be a trend now. Stashing ammo and fielding all kinds of questions. I answered a bunch of questions on LTCH, crossing State lines with firearms, and of course SB 203. We are a full-service booth.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Completed a sale from ingo then roamed the show. While there were some reasonably priced new and used guns, seemed to be a higher than normal "is that American dollars?" Prices. Was tempted by an older Colt AR but see above comment. Really wanted to find a new Beretta 92X Compact but none in the house. Only purchases were a 10 rnd mag for my P365 and I stocked up on jerky.

Best part of the show, I lucked into a parking spot at the end of the row by the entrance.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My favorite part of th show was when I was leaving and walking down th side of the building an officer pulled up and stopped his car next to the building in the fire lane.

Some Mook walked up and said "hey you can park there". The officer rolled his window down and asked "what?". The Mook again said "you can't park there it's a fire hazard". The officers response was plainly "ok, call the cops"
    I nearly pissed myself laughing. My trooper friend with me got a pretty good kick out if it as well.

Top Bottom