• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I could be wrong but I know a friends half brother was an Indianapolis judge but don’t recall him being a lawyer.
    There is no statutory requirement that city and town court judges be attorneys. Some of the ordinances creating such courts have such a requirement, but there are actually quite a few nonlawyer judges in Indiana. It leads to some, ahhhhhhh "interesting" results.

Nicr1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    This is especially worrisome considering how out rights get trampled daily. There's lots of great information in her though. I'm proposing we make this a sticky thread.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why is someone’s recovered property critical to a case. Years ago someone stole my car. It was recovered a few hours later after a short chase and crash. I was allowed to get all my property that was left in the car the next day. Would that have been any different had I left my gun in the car?

Matt

Depends. If IMPD found the gun first, its a crap shoot whether you get it back or not. I cant imagine them leaving a gun in a car in the impound lot.

My money is if they find it first, you are screwed because they'll take it to the property room for safekeeping. But if they dont notice it you are GTG.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Depends. If IMPD found the gun first, its a crap shoot whether you get it back or not. I cant imagine them leaving a gun in a car in the impound lot.

My money is if they find it first, you are screwed because they'll take it to the property room for safekeeping. But if they dont notice it you are GTG.

But when it is stolen out of said car IMPD still gets the blame.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

If the Officer doesn't find it in the car, the tow lot employees may still find it, in which case it'll still end up in the property room. I towed a car a while back as the result of a DUI arrest and missed a gun that was in a compartment underneath a console insert. The car was otherwise empty and clean, and I wasn't full-on searching it, just inventorying anything of value. Anyway, I got called by the tow lot later that night and had to go get the gun and take it to the property room. I do NOT agree with the tow lot dudes being in ANY car for ANY reason, but that's above my pay grade.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    All judges are lawyers.
    MOST lawyers know the law.
    ALL judges KNOW the law. (at least they're SUPPOSED TO)

Go to the judge's office and tell his secretary, "I would like to speak with _THE JUDGE_".
    You have to use THOSE WORDS - _THE JUDGE_. She will likely give you a 5 minute audience with THE JUDGE.
    Give him a nutshell of what happened and ask if what "HIS" police ("Is what YOUR police are doing to me correct?") are doing to you is correct.
    This will tentatively 'indict' "his" police and make him take an interest in YOU !
    If what you have related is correct, you should get your gun back IMMEDIATELY.
    I had an experience similar years ago and the judge liked how I approached him () with contrition and NO ARROGANCE) and took pity on me. He called the 'offender' and the matter was settled.
    And he didn't even bill me (lawyers pull sh8 like this, you know) for the audience.
    Hmmm, we have 30 something courtrooms, which one to choose?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If the Officer doesn't find it in the car, the tow lot employees may still find it, in which case it'll still end up in the property room. I towed a car a while back as the result of a DUI arrest and missed a gun that was in a compartment underneath a console insert. The car was otherwise empty and clean, and I wasn't full-on searching it, just inventorying anything of value. Anyway, I got called by the tow lot later that night and had to go get the gun and take it to the property room. I do NOT agree with the tow lot dudes being in ANY car for ANY reason, but that's above my pay grade.

Hmmm sounds like a field day for a lawyer. Tow yard guys in the cars I mean

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There is no statutory requirement that city and town court judges be attorneys. Some of the ordinances creating such courts have such a requirement, but there are actually quite a few nonlawyer judges in Indiana. It leads to some, ahhhhhhh "interesting" results.

Well then. I may just have to leave the freelance gynecologist work behind me. I think I've found a new calling :):
    Heads would explode

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well then. I may just have to leave the freelance gynecologist work behind me. I think I've found a new calling :):
    Heads would explode
    You just like wearing the lab coat with stirrups on the shoulders! Nothing saying you can’t put stirrups on judges robes, but that might be a little awkward?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Are there special rules for cars towed with an ongoing investigation? Seems like somebody in there other than the officer or lab would taint any additional evidence.

Top Bottom